What's new

Opinionated - I wish Pakistan had a more competent enemy than India

Here are some good options for Pakistan to find a worthy enemy

1) Start funding the Uyghurs against China

2) Start supporting Baloch and Sunni Turks against Iran

3) Kick US/NATO unceremoniously out of Afghanistan

4) Kick Russia out of Central Asia and fund the Chechen and Tatars against Russia

5) Send troops to Palestine and support Hamas against Israel

Only realistic options here are 3 and 5

This attitude is the reason Pakistan has gotten so complacent.

If we "respect" our opponent India, then we will always be trying to stay even with a country as incompetent as India, which will make us equally as incompetent. Maybe if we had a real enemy, we would be forced to innovate more, and Pakistan would be more shrewd like Iran, Turkey, and China. Bajwa entering politics is shameful. Instead Pakistan's military has gotten extremely complacent and relaxed, languishing in the dustbin as an afterthought due to the lack of a clear threat or coherent vision requiring military innovation.

Enemy countries will always counter what their enemy does. India is only an ideological threat, evidenced by the fact that IK tweets about RSS every week but never takes any military action against such a threat. Hence Pakistan counters India's ideology but does not do anything else, resulting in military innovation getting ignored and languishing for decades. Pakistan's military will not innovate unless confronted with a more competent enemy than India, but waiting until that time is not smart. Right now, since India is incompetent, Pakistan military has no incentive to innovate which is a big problem for us. Pakistan should have started hitting India with cyberattacks and drones years ago, but we haven't because India hasn't used them against us first, and stupidly we are waiting for them to do it first, so that we can innovate and catch up to them later.

Not a nice thing to say:-" languishing in the dustbin as an afterthought "
Perhaps you should rephrase what you saying?

As for war it seems that you don't know or want to accept the realities or you are braying for blood.
When war starts humanity has failed , Our goal is not to start a war and not let the devil have his way.

Only realistic options here are 3 and 5

Nah, he gave a good list. But the problem is that you think India isn't a "competent enemy".

Sure, it might not be conventionally but who fights conventional wars anymore??

India has killed more than 50,000 Pakistanis since 9/11 and now has a tighter grip on Kashmir and is already eyeing Azad Kashmir.....what has Pakistan or the Pakistani Armed Forces done in the last 20 years to confront India?? Rather than confront India.....our house has been on fire and we have lost a lot of blood, sweat and tears just to keep it together.

What we need is a competent Pakistan, competent Pakistanis and competent Pakistani Armed Forces.

I really think Pakistan should make USA as its enemy #1. The superior technologies coming out of Pakistan these days are just overkill for India.

Mods, I was going by the theme of the article. India is unworthy as Pakistan's enemy. So I suggested US.

Last edited:
i think its a useless thread based upon OP personal thinking and this thread should be close, makes more friends rather than a enemy, and India is serious and overwhelming opponent/enemy for Pakistan

Sometimes I look at neighboring countries like Iran, Turkey, and China and wish we had real and competent enemies like them. Iran, Turkey, and China are leaders in military innovation because they have to be more competent and shrewd than their enemies which are among the best in the world. Iran takes on Israel with cyberattacks, Turkey targets Russian assets with drones, and China is battling it out with US for control of the world. I wish Pakistan had a more competent enemy so we could innovate a bit more. Unfortunately, India is a paper tiger and as they don't present an actual military threat to Pakistan besides their cancerous ideology, our military has become complacent and cannot innovate like Iran, Turkey, or China as Pakistan lacks a competent enemy like Israel, Russia, or US. Thus Pakistan is at least 20 years way behind likes of Iran, Turkey, and China on pretty much every kind of relevant military technology you can imagine.

Just a few of the technologies Pakistan has missed out on includes:

Cyberattacks (Iran, Israel, North Korea, China, Russia, US)
Drones (Iran, Israel, Turkey, China, US)
Cheap DIY suicide drones (Iran)
Satellites (Iran, Israel, Russia, India, China, US)
Precision cruise missiles (Iran, Israel, Russia, China, US)
Civilian space program (Iran, India, Russia, China, US)
Artificial military islands (Iran, China, US)
Dual use civill/military rockets (Iran, China, Russia, US)
EMP weapons (Iran, China, Russia, US)
Asymmetric decentralized navy (Iran)
Remote control explosive boats (Iran)
Small speedboats (Iran)
EFP armor piercing IED (Iran)
Sea skimming missiles (Iran, Russia, China, US)
Artificial intelligence (Iran, Israel, Russia, China, US)
Proxy warfare (Iran, Israel, Russia, US)
Ballistic missiles (Iran, Israel, India, North Korea, China, Russia, US)
Cryptocurrency (Iran, North Korea, China, Russia)
JF-17 export restrictions
Reverse engineering (Iran, China)
Loitering munitions (Iran, Russia, China, US)
Terrain and topography surveying
SCADA cyberattacks on infrastructure (Iran, Israel, Russia, China, US)
Exportable missiles (Iran, Russia, China, US)
Hypersonic glide vehicle (Iran, China, US)
MIRV research (Iran, China, US)
Underground missile bunkers (Iran, Russia, China, US)
Drones and cyberattacks (Iran, Turkey, Israel, Russia, China, US)
Directed energy weapons (Turkey)
Seizing enemy ships (Iran)
Guaranteed hit smart scope rifles (Israel, US)
Ninja blade missiles (US)
Pakistan posses many of the technologies listed tho 🤦‍♂️

And this is not the first time you are boasting about it

What is amusing is Pakistan spends 50% of their budget on defence in the name of confronting India and here people are complaining that they need a better enemy. :hitwall:
Even tho I think the thread post is a pile of BS.. you aint better either mate... 50% really ?

Last time I checked the figure was about 18%

But @Aspen has a valid point.

There many technologies that Pakistan could acquire only if Pakistan Military had a good use case.
Tech doesn't always has to be for a "use case" making experimental tech and incorporating it or even shelving it for later use is a great thing...

What aspen has got is (Iran) in every tech and no mention of tech that is Pakistan is known to posses... few obvious ones being drones.. MIRV etc.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom