What's new

Opinion Poll | Tribal areas should be made into a new province.

Should, Federally Administered Tribal Areas, be made a full fledged province??

• Total voters
Platitudes do not solve anything. Proclamations do not provide solutions. Care to talk specifics?

I am actively engaged in two property dispute. For one of those, the litigation has been going on for more than three decades.

That's the weak point of current legal system of Pakistan.

It has allowed pretty bad practices on land disputes especially if the land in question is agri-use.

However go checkout Kabul and Afghani court system

Jirga system is stone age that is only suitable for people living in stone age.

Sorry to say

That's the weak point of current legal system of Pakistan.

It has allowed pretty bad practices on land disputes especially if the land in question is agri-use.

However go checkout Kabul and Afghani court system

Jirga system is stone age that is only suitable for people living in stone age.

Sorry to say

Fauji Bhai :)

Do you guys still have Jagirdars (is that right :undecided: ) there?

How does that affect the legal side of things? And economic side of things? :-)

Fauji Bhai :)

Do you guys still have Jagirdars (is that right :undecided: ) there?

How does that affect the legal side of things? And economic side of things? :-)

That's a loaded terms.

Give me your specific definition of "jagirdar" and I may be able to answer it.

Too early to declare them Province but they can be part of KPK as 2 cities which would be much better managed.

Platitudes do not solve anything. Proclamations do not provide solutions. Care to talk specifics?

I am actively engaged in two property dispute. For one of those, the litigation has been going on for more than three decades. My father passed away without having seen the end of it. We are the wronged party and the occupants are preparing to create FIFTH fraud to keep my family out of our rightful property. I, like my father before me, have gone to courts, gone to police stations, gone to Anti-Corruption Establishment, etc... We left NO avenue unexplored. And yet we are dispossessed from our property. Because our courts, police, establishment all favor fraudsters, cheats, & Embezzlers. I have just won a court decision pertaining to THIRD fraud. I have yet to disentangle the tentacles of FOURTH fraud, and I know that the occupants are preparing FIFTH fraud.

The papers are clear. Any blind uneducated person can see in ONE minute the obvious frauds, but our courts take decades to decide upon obvious forgeries.

Just two days ago, I was talking to one of my lawyers (yes I have a team of lawyers who suck my blood), and the good fellow says: "Sir, what you propose can happen under Taliban - They can sort this out in five minutes, but do not expect our courts to take less than a few years." These are not my words, mind you. This was a lawyer talking. I wish I could put the matter to a Jirga. They would know in ONE minute what our august Lahore High Court has not come to realize in decades.

Now what was that sermon you were giving me about rule or law and law of land and other miscellaneous $hit????

The THIRD and FOURTH fraud relating to the property in question pertains to using the name of an expatriate lady, who happens to be related to the fraudsters. Until two years ago, she had no clue that she had been involved in a fraud, for which she would be liable in courts of Pakistan and UK. I hope one day some one who knows of your real identity creates a fraud using your name. You might, then, realize what it is to be made a party to a fraud without your consent or knowledge. It would take you a few years to unentangle yourself from it.

Now imagine how I feel about bloody useless sermons about rule of law and other such Qrap.

I have sacrificed, I pay a price everyday. I do not need YOU to tell me that Pakistanis are cowards and that they can not stand up for their rights.

Close enough story my father/family lost alot of land to fraudsters in KPK/Sindh and bloody courts won't do nothing it took 23 years to vacate one of the houses from them and now they have rented a close by small house armed men staying there nobody can sell or live there so the property is useless even after it has been vacated, police is siding with them even after eating more than 1.5m rupees believe me.

I'd support the proposition. The benefits are obvious to anyone who knows even a bit about Pakistan.

@Aeronaut can i bring a twist to this opinion? Look at Balochistan it is living 200 years backwards allotting a provincial status to FATA/Tribal won't do good we need to make them cities of KPK develop it as much as we can schools/colleges/sports/hospitals and sizable military presence instead of handing them over the provincal status where like Balochsitan they would tell us to the face nothing from this province belongs to you no punjabi or any one else can work/live or do anything this is what is happening in Balochistan, we can't even initiate project like Reko dig that can change the financial status of Pakistan over night and these areas are full of coal/copper and other minerals.

Too early to declare them Province but they can be part of KPK as 2 cities which would be much better managed.

Wish it was done right away. But everyone from ANP to ML rule in KPK have let this problem festering with no will to apply a political solution.

However at this stage it will be blessing for KP to not get mixed up with FATA.

And perhaps it is good to just forma separate province or provinces comprising the tribal agencies.

Close enough story my father/family lost alot of land to fraudsters in KPK/Sindh and bloody courts won't do nothing it took 23 years to vacate one of the houses from them and now they have rented a close by small house armed men staying there nobody can sell or live there so the property is useless even after it has been vacated, police is siding with them even after eating more than 1.5m rupees believe me.

This is so similar story to my uncle. He had a large piece of agri land close to Hyderabad. His family was forced out by Qabza group.

So yes our court system needs to be updated and updated soon.

However Jirgas are no silver bullet. Jirga's bring mostly uwritten law where tribal leaders can hand any kind of punishment.

May be in FATA it is not practiced but the rest of the region suffers from Punchait system. That can and has issued draconian punishments such as gang rape of women.

Remember Mukhtaran mai.

Now tell me if land disputes were solved by the same system. Then people will loose land and the get their women raped as well.

At least current court system however bad still has some checks and balances.

peace

@Aeronaut can i bring a twist to this opinion? Look at Balochistan it is living 200 years backwards allotting a provincial status to FATA/Tribal won't do good

Believe you me, things would have been much worse if it was not a province with its own elected assembly.

There is a high court, proper police system etc,.

They would have developed more had we given them more share in the natural gas for 15 or so years.

But we were afraid of them.

Please do not compare Balochistan to FATA purely on a select few points.

thank you

Last edited:
Please do not compare Balochistan to FATA purely on a select few points.

thank you

My opinion you may disagree with it but currently looking at Balochistan it is not different than Tribal as i see it on a larger scale, heck it seems like there is no government at all in that part.

My opinion you may disagree with it but currently looking at Balochistan it is not different than Tribal as i see it on a larger scale, heck it seems like there is no government at all in that part.

Well so are other parts of Pakistan.

But we are not denying them the status of full provincial government.

Back
Top Bottom