What's new

Operation Zarb-e-Azb | Updates, News & Discussions.

Ask any Nato commander in Afghanistan what is the biggest hurdle to defeating the Taliban insurgency, and there is only ever one answer: the safe havens in Pakistan from where militants can launch strikes in safety.
For years the US has noisily put pressure on Pakistan to clean up its act. All to no effect.
Then, realising that public rebukes were getting it nowhere, Washington went quiet, preferring to put its message across quietly in private.

The american generals will as usual blame their incompetence on someone else. It was their job to seal the border from their side which they failed to do.

The american generals will as usual blame their incompetence on someone else. It was their job to seal the border from their side which they failed to do.

I don't know if you read news or not. The border area is under Afghan national army's control. Not the US anymore. The US only conducts operations on as needed basis as our forces are leaving the area......and again, not everything that happens in this part of the world is America's fault. You guys shift the blame without taking any responsibility and ownership on your part!

Relax,It's a news report.The stupid thread was opened by a Pakistani (@Berut) and the news report was written by a Brit.

I am relaxed, you posted it and there was no reason to take the thread off topic. If a "Brit" wrote this and did something stupid and you continued with his stupidity, that makes you stupid also. So all I am saying is read what you are about to post and not everything has to be anti-Pakistan. You guys are burning your energy too much and it shows up, without impacting anything on Pakistan's end.....but the thread gets derailed.

the only retard is you, you think i'm an afgan because I don't believe the pak army is telling the truth about the casualties, You must have serious learning difficulties. I guess all the independent media must also be retards and afgans for saying the same thing. go kill yourself you stupid idiot
STFU afghani, what independent media? Only you are coming up with bs stories without any proper source.

When i was young in the late 60's on my way to peshawar with dad,I still remember a old chap in the coach loudly said "For every indian,Pakistan/Pakistanis are like Bhagwan,they are so much obsessed with Pakistan that one day they will rename there religion to Pakistiusm"

Its been more than half a century and believe me i am forced to believe that he was very much right.

your right,it is the genetic factor that makes indian not only obsessed about Pakistan but they can't see a day when Pakistan is growing and becoming stable

100% right, just about in every PDF section they (you know who, i will not write their name because its ramazan and i want to keep my self pure) will come up with bogus news undermining Pakistan. Economic section or operation against TTP, it does not matter one bit.

STFU afghani, what independent media? Only you are coming up with bs stories without any proper source.

100% right, just about in every PDF section they (you know who, i will not write their name because its ramazan and i want to keep my self pure) will come up with bogus news undermining Pakistan. Economic section or operation against TTP, it does not matter one bit.
and the good thing is we (Pakistanis) don't give a sh** about what they are doing :P

Ask any Nato commander in Afghanistan what is the biggest hurdle to defeating the Taliban insurgency, and there is only ever one answer: the safe havens in Pakistan from where militants can launch strikes in safety.
For years the US has noisily put pressure on Pakistan to clean up its act. All to no effect.
Then, realising that public rebukes were getting it nowhere, Washington went quiet, preferring to put its message across quietly in private.

Last month Pakistan acted, launching hundreds of airstrikes on targets in North Waziristan, home to the Haqqani network – considered the most deadly of Afghanistan's insurgent groups – as well as Pakistani terrorists intent on bringing down the government in Islamabad, sectarian outfits and groups with an eye on Kashmir. Ground troops have followed, sweeping through the area.
The question is: will it work?

American diplomats are not getting carried away. They will wait to see what names turn up on the death roll and whether the offensive stems the flow of fighters and big vehicle-borne bombs from Pakistan. (Incidentally, I now know that a Haqqani truck bomb was the target of the CIA's first drone strike this year, in June, as it trundled towards the border.)

Already, the Pakistani military has got itself in a muddle over whether they are even targeting the Haqqanis – a long-standing proxy – awkwardly talking around the subject when quizzed.
And, this week, in North Waziristan's main town of Miranshah, they gave the clearest sign yet that the big fish escaped before the operation started. Maj Gen Zafarullah Khan, who is responsible for the town, said:
It’s not possible to create water-tight or airtight compartment where an individual cannot escape. Given the context of the terrain, the context of who they are, it will be wrong on my part to say that they did not escape, yes they did.

They had smelled that the operation is about to be launched. The talks had failed, the build-up for the operation had already begun and they could see that, they could sense and smell and, therefore, the leadership was not here, the leadership abandoned place.

Was it an unguarded moment? Or is the military lining up its excuses and blaming the government for weeks of peace talks that never went anywhere?

Same can be said about NATO ops.

in this day of mobile phones and internet, The surprise is only within few hours.

So cut the conspiracy theories please.

I don't know if you read news or not. The border area is under Afghan national army's control. Not the US anymore. The US only conducts operations on as needed basis as our forces are leaving the area......and again, not everything that happens in this part of the world is America's fault. You guys shift the blame without taking any responsibility and ownership on your part!
US politicians, commentators, analysts, media still continue to blame Pakistan for "not sealing off the border in 2001 and allowing OBL and his henchmen to escape the US invasion of Afghanistan" - the US should therefore expect some Pakistanis to now point fingers at the US for not doing the same thing it was blaming Pakistan for.

In addition, you can't really use the excuse that 'the US is withdrawing' because the US+ISAF+ANA was largely incapable of stemming the flow of TTP elements during the Pakistani military ops in Swat and Bajaur (when the US was not withdrawing her troops), allowing the leadership of the TTP terrorists in those regions to escape into Afghanistan and set up shop there.

Yep, just like the US pretty much let all of the high level Al Qaeda and Taliban leadership somehow escape from their invasion of Afghanistan in 2001.

When i was young in the late 60's on my way to peshawar with dad,I still remember a old chap in the coach loudly said "For every indian,Pakistan/Pakistanis are like Bhagwan,they are so much obsessed with Pakistan that one day they will rename there religion to Pakistiusm"

Its been more than half a century and believe me i am forced to believe that he was very much right.

your right,it is the genetic factor that makes indian not only obsessed about Pakistan but they can't see a day when Pakistan is growing and becoming stable

How the heck were you born in the late '60s ? :o:

Surely you mean the '90s or something - I've seen your picture wrrora....you're younger than I am ! :unsure:

US politicians, commentators, analysts, media still continue to blame Pakistan for "not sealing off the border in 2001 and allowing OBL and his henchmen to escape the US invasion of Afghanistan" - the US should therefore expect some Pakistanis to now point fingers at the US for not doing the same thing it was blaming Pakistan for.

In addition, you can't really use the excuse that 'the US is withdrawing' because the US+ISAF+ANA was largely incapable of stemming the flow of TTP elements during the Pakistani military ops in Swat and Bajaur (when the US was not withdrawing her troops), allowing the leadership of the TTP terrorists in those regions to escape into Afghanistan and set up shop there.

Yep, just like the US pretty much let all of the high level Al Qaeda and Taliban leadership somehow escape from their invasion of Afghanistan in 2001.

You know the performance of the Iraqi Army in combating the threat of the ISIS is somewhat of an eye-opener for Pakistan; if an army trained by the United States (predominantly for Counter-Terrorism purposes) against a rag-tag group of terrorists who just popped out of thin air perhaps a year or two ago, can perform the way it did - What should we expect from the ANA in Afghanistan with all the issues surrounding it like a high desertion rate, drug addiction etc. & them fighting against a battle-hardened force that is no pushover. I shudder to think the amount of pressure our policy makers would be in calculating that into our strategic matrix viz e vie Afghanistan !

You know the performance of the Iraqi Army in combating the threat of the ISIS is somewhat of an eye-opener for Pakistan; if an army trained by the United States (predominantly for Counter-Terrorism purposes) against a rag-tag group of terrorists who just popped out of thin air perhaps a year or two ago, can perform the way it did - What should we expect from the ANA in Afghanistan with all the issues surrounding it like a high desertion rate, drug addiction etc. & them fighting against a battle-hardened force that is no pushover. I shudder to think the amount of pressure our policy makers would be in calculating that into our strategic matrix viz e vie Afghanistan !
The one thing that should not be an option in our strategic matrix is a return to the years/decades past, in which we turned a blind eye to Afghan factions using FATA to support their war mongering in Afghanistan.

I have made a number of references in my previous posts with regards to this.

Iraqi army received military training from US for 10 years including arms and look at their performance, truly pathetic. They literally dropped their uniforms and ran away from battle. And this is Iraq, who have a military culture and have fought wars in the past.

I shudder to imagine how ANA will crumble post Nato pullout. This will leave a very big vacuum in Afg and a big headache for Pak. I just hope the border is fully sealed by the time this happens.

Even if they have run away, it's fine. Most of North Waziristan was in a lock down anyway, with army checkpoints around it and around FATA in general. So most of these militants went to afghanistan, where their daddy gladly hosted them. Now, if they try to come back, just kill them beyond the border, in Afghanistan.

باجوڑایجنسی:چیک پوسٹ پرحملہ افغان صوبہ کنڑسےکیاگیا،سیکیورٹی ذرائع
باجوڑایجنسی:جاں بحق ہونےوالوں میں کیپٹن شامل،ذرائع
باجوڑایجنسی:زخمی اہل کاروں کوایجنسی ہیڈکوارٹراسپتال منتقل کردیاگیا،سیکیورٹی ذرائع

I don't know if you read news or not. The border area is under Afghan national army's control. Not the US anymore. The US only conducts operations on as needed basis as our forces are leaving the area......and again, not everything that happens in this part of the world is America's fault. You guys shift the blame without taking any responsibility and ownership on your part!quote]

Hi,

My comments were for the past actions or inactions of the incompetent american general staff.

AMERICA SHOULD DO MORE& SHOULD HAVE DONE MORE IN THE PAST.

Ain't payback bit-ch.

Opertions on needed basis my arse---american generals are totally brain dead---. Everyone of them is looking for his retirement benefits and speech circuit after retirement

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom