What's new

Operation Zarb-e-Azb | Updates, News & Discussions.

Looks like people are living in rented homes, camps are almost empty so far. But i guess there are only so many houses, in coming days rest will have to live in camps for few weeks.

PESHAWAR: Chief Minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pervaiz Khattak Wednesday has said that about 70,000 internally displaced people from North Wazirsitan Agency have arrived in different areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Addressing a press conference here, the chief minister said that two camps have been set up in Bannu and FR Bannu for IDPs, adding that 1000 tents have been provided for IDPs in these camps, where water and other facilities would be provided to the affectees.

The chief minister said that the IDPs were avoiding the camps as they have rented houses. He said that only one family has arrived at Bannu camp. He said that those who wanted to live in camps, they would be provided Rs7000 in case. He said that the provincial government has r Rs 350 million, FATA secretariat Rs100 million and Rs500 million have been released by the federal government for internally displaced people.

The data of the affectees would be maintained for security purpose while the security has been tightened as the terrorists could entered into the province in disguised of IDPs. He said that the government did not need any foreign aid for the affectees as its Pakistan’s internal issue.

He said that the whole nation was supporting the army in its fight against terrorists.
Meanwhile, senior minister Sirajul Haq has said that the federal government had not taken the provincial government into confidence over North Waziristan operation.

The minister said that the government should have taken the political forces before launching operation in north Waziristan. He hailed the role of the security forces and urged the militants to play their positive role and help the government . He said that talks was the best way for restoration of peace, but the federal government failed on this front.
He expressed concern over migration to Afghanistan, saying that they could join foreign terrorists. - See more at: KPK chief minister promises help to IDPs, backs army
A mehsud or wazir would tell you that he would prefer to steal rather than beg. I think they are spending all of their earnings to rent houses and would try to avoid becoming "mohajirs" of tents unless they have no other choice. FATA people are different from swatis. Swatis were able to gain highlight, support, sympathy and donations from all over the country. Tribals do not have means to do so nor they want their miseries to be highlighted, since 2004 a big portion of tribals have settled in kpk and karachi, earning for themeselves.

10464172_10152509847354919_8158536545874699812_n.jpg

They prefer to rent houses instead of getting into tents to not be termed majar

This is a very big sacrify for the nation of Pakistan by the people of NW

پاک فوج کو بڑی فتح نصیب۔۔۔ دس سال بعد پرچم لہرا دیا گیا

:pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan:
What are you talking about?. There are military camps in North waziristan since british times e.g razmak. More than thirty thousands troops were stationed in NW for last ten years. The political administration and army could enforce curfew at will. And all the entry and exit points were controled by army. Believe me this is not the first pakistani flag, the first one was hoisted in NW in 1947.

Didn't knew she was pathani, my cousins in UK have very bad urdu/punjabi accent unlike her. She was born in UK?
She was speaking very accurately accented pashto in a programme.

UPDATE- ZARB –E- AZB
19 JUNE 2014

1. 15 x terrorists were killed in Zartatangi mountain heights, East of Miranshah by Army gunship cobra helicopters last night when spotted. It was one of the main communication centers of terrorists.
  2. In a separate sniper action, 8 x Uzbeks were killed around Miranshah while planting IEDs on the road Miranshah-Mirali.
  3. Meanwhile cordoned off in areas housing terrorists in North Wazirstan Agency continues. Continuous terrorists attempt to flee from area have been foiled.
  4. Today evacuation of civil population from Miranshah and Ghulam Khan started. Check points have been established at various places where IDPs are being provided all administrative support incl food items and medicine by security forces.
  5. No of registration points at saidgai post enhanced to 20, i.e. 10 x each for males and females for speedy and organized evacuation.
  6. IDP camp at Bannu has been established.

Reham Khan was weather girl from BBC Berkshire, very soft spoken and funny. dont know why she decided to leave BBC and come to Pakistan .. but she has made her self very well known and is one of the notable news anchors and program hosts. unlike many anchors in the studios, she has actually personally gone in the marches and protests and rallies etc. I recall her going to Balochistan and FATA before and in PTI rallies
I really fancy her .. her programs with Shekh Rashid are a real treat.

Yes, she is soft spoken and well mannered.. and above all a good person as she is owning a school in Tameer-e-school and now helping out IDPs. tells alot about her grooming.

Operation Zarb-i-Azb requires national unity: PM Nawaz

53a2b1a41684c.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Under the supervision of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, the leadership of Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) met on Thursday to discuss the ongoing military operation 'Zarb-i-Azb' and the Lahore Model Town episode.

The prime minister said that operation 'Zarb-i-Azb' requires national unity and added, "A peaceful environment in the country would benefit the soldiers fighting in the North Waziristan tribal area."

He expressed confidence that militants would lose this war and added that the internally displaced persons from North Waziristan would be provided with every facility in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.

Meanwhile Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif’s briefing on the Lahore Model Town tragedy also came under discussion. The chief minister instructed the attendees not to compromise on justice.

During the meeting, it was expected that the names of those responsible for carrying out orders to open fire at the Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) supporters would be disclosed, but no such details emerged.

However, the PML-N leadership collectively condemned the episode that resulted in the death of PAT supporters.

Chief Minister Shahbaz said the provincial government would investigate the incident and those responsible for it would be brought to justice.

Zarb-i-Azb operation: 23 militants killed in fresh strikes

ISLAMABAD: At least 23 more suspected militants were killed in the ongoing Zarb-i-Azb operation launched by the Pakistan Army in North Waziristan tribal region, according to a statement issued by the Inter Services Public relations (ISPR) on its website.

At least 15 suspected militants were killed in Zartatangi mountain heights, east of Miramshah are in North Waziristan tribal region late on Wednesday when one of the main suspected communication centers of militants was targeted by Cobra gunship helicopters of the Pakistan Army.

Meanwhile, eight Uzbek militants who were planting improvised explosive devices (IEDs) on Miramshah-Mirali road were also killed near Miramshah by military snipers. :pakistan:

Security forces were also cordoning off residential areas sheltering suspected militants in North Wazirstan tribal region.

The military also claimed that several attempts by militants to flee from the cordoned off areas were foiled.

The ISPR statement further said that the evacuation of civil population from Miramshah and Ghulam Khan areas of the region had begun today, adding that check points had been established at various places where internally displaced persons IDPs were being provided all administrative support incl food items and medicine by security forces.

Moreover, an IDP camp was established at Bannu while the number of registration points at Saidgai post were increased to 20, including 10 for men and women, for speedy and organised evacuation.

The army launched its long-awaited major operation 'Zarb-i-Azb' in the tribal region a week after an attack on the airport in Karachi, deploying troops, tanks and jets to the area in the crackdown on the Taliban and other militants.

Meanwhile, eight Uzbek militants who were planting improvised explosive devices (IEDs) on Miramshah-Mirali road were also killed near Miramshah by military snipers. :pakistan:

Dozens has been killed plating bombs, thats the best they can do. But looks like PA have secured major routes, so no surprise IED attack any more.

Back
Top Bottom