What's new

Operation Zarb-e-Azb | Updates, News & Discussions.

Seems like they had trouble clearing Datakhel !
If we are making deals again wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of the operation??
What makes us think that this Maulvi Qaleem guy wouldn't back off once the heat dies down !
Its due to heavy casualties in Tirah valley and intense battles there. The deal with Malvi Halim would be temporary i guess ,to concentrate more on Tirah where Taliban are offering pitched battles. NW was piece of cake, real and decisive battle is fought in the Tirah.

NW's terrain is relatively flat and barren except shawal valley. Tirah's has forested hills, thats why battles there are tough ones.

Last edited:
Guys, note that Alan Warnes tweeted above while visiting Shahbaz Air Base.
I have also learned today from a very reliable source that the Block-52s are being used extensively in this operation and their performance and success has been beyond expectations. In the person's own words, ''PAF is astonished by the mission accomplishments of this aircraft''.
@Oscar @Horus @Irfan Baloch @Stealth

CD5vKFCUkAEXwNr.jpg

11053040_10153086829389130_892510276342695633_n.jpg

Captain Ajmal.....RIP

Last edited:
No PR121/2015-ISPR Dated: May 2, 2015
Rawalpindi - May 2, 2015:
Namaze Janaza of Captain Qasim Zia shaheed who embraced shahdat yesterday, was offered with full military honour today at Army Grave Yard near Racecourse ground Rawalpindi. Captain Qasim was severely injured on 29 April during a major clearance Operation in Tirah, Khyber agency and was evacuated to CMH Peshawar. COAS General Raheel Sharif, Chief of Naval Staff, Admiral Muhammad Zaka Ullah, other military officials and relatives of shaheed attended the Namaza Janaza . COAS paid rich tributes to brave Captain Qasim for supreme sacrifice.COAS and Captain Qasim's father reiterated resolve to continue fight till elimination of last terrorist from our soil at any cost.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

image_resize.aspx

image_resize.aspx

image_resize.aspx

image_resize.aspx

Photo of Captain Qasim Zia Shaheed

Casualties must have crossed 100 in Khyber II phase. Offical death toll in Phase 1 stands at 80-90

Air strikes leave 44 dead

554593d924241.jpg

Troops now in effective control of the Sipah, Akkakhel and Kamarkhel areas which were under the control of LI for almost a decade. — AFP/file

PESHAWAR: Military aircraft pounded hideouts in North Waziristan and Khyber agencies on Saturday, killing 44 suspected militants, among them many foreigners, said the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).

In a statement it said that precision strikes were carried out in the Dattakhel area of North Waziristan and Tirah valley of the Khyber Agency.

Sixteen militants were killed in strikes on hideouts in the Dattakhel area, it said. Many foreigners were among the dead.

In air strikes carried out in Tirah valley by fighter jets and helicopter gunships, 28 suspected militants were killed and many others injured, the ISPR said.

A number of militant sanctuaries in Rajgul and Kando Gharebi areas of Kukikhel territory, under the control of Taliban since 2009, were destroyed in the strikes.

Security officials said that soldiers had taken control of Mehraban Kalay, Mailay Kalay, Thore Darra, Brekh Mamath, Zarmanza, Tangu, Khaisth and Dwa Thoe after forcing militants of the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) to flee the areas.

They said that security personnel were now engaged in ground fighting with men of the TTP, Lashkar-i-Islam (LI) and Jamaatul Ahrar in Shah Nao area, close to the Afghan border.

They added that troops were now in effective control of the Sipah, Akkakhel and Kamarkhel areas which were under the control of LI for almost a decade.

The officials’ claims about the death of a large number of militants could not be verified from independent sources, however.

The security forces launched Zarb-i-Azb and Khyber-II military operations in the troubled tribal agencies last year.

Security officials said a noose had been tightened around terrorists and large swathes of territory in North Waziristan Agency and Bara sub-division of Khyber Agency had been cleared of the militants.

Published in Dawn, May 3rd, 2015

Pakistan Military Says Strikes Kill 44 Suspected Militants

Pakistan's military says airstrikes have killed 44 suspected militants in the tribal region near the Afghan border.

A statement Saturday said 28 suspected militants were killed when jets struck hideouts in the Tirah Valley of the Khyber tribal region. It said separate strikes in the Datta Khel area of NorthWaziristan killed 16 suspected militants, most of them foreigners.

The statement gave no other details. The information could not be corroborated as journalists are barred from working in tribal areas. Activists and locals have said previous strikes killed civilians.

Pakistan's military is in the middle of an operation to clear the tribal regions of militants. The offensive took on a new urgency in December, when Taliban militants attacked an army-run school in Peshawar, killing 150 people, mostly children.

Pakistan Military Says Strikes Kill 44 Suspected Militants - ABC News

@Stealth, you be surprised who is keen and waiting to join your set up.
Us admi key pass PAF material ka khazana hey. :)

@Stealth, you be surprised who is keen and waiting to join your set up.
Us admi key pass PAF material ka khazana hey. :)
Sir g trust me I will engage all of you guyz every single person on PDF which include Webby.. the reason is...

My motivation is Pakistan Defence Forum (PDF) so I will very first engage all of you guys...

On the other side I am already in talk with very very High --- in fact naam zahir kardiye tu kafi loog pareshan hojayengay :P people from HQz ;) and from many other dept are waiting and I am btw in dialogue with them... from ISPR to HQ inshallah...

This platform is one of its kind, there will be no such platform exists in this entire region from Europe to Asia Pacific. After launch and strengthening the platform, I will be back off and handover to those who are keen to run this platform till the unlimited time.... But I will control each and single graphics in to my hand...

Ye website eek khaas mulk may sab sa pehlay ban ki jaeyge ;) hahhahahahha saamaj tu gaye hoongay...

The purpose of this platform is to
  • Defend Pakistan's perspective in front of International Audience.
  • Glorify Pakistan Military like US military to do with their forces with extremely strong militarish graphical presentations (and I am expert in Military Graphics).
  • Promote and engage Pakistan Experts, Military think tanks.
  • Target Audience is International
  • Provide strong militrish platform to experts for forecast geopolitical, military and defence related news/information's.
  • @ Last... help Pakistan Positive Image and make this platform like Stratfor or Janes IHS.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom