What's new

Operation Zarb-e-Azb | Updates, News & Discussions.

THE VERY FIRST THING IS
WE were told that every thing is normal in khyber
we have established complete writ of state as a result of last operation
tirah is also clear
now what happen??
why we have to do operations in places we cleared in past? y cant we secure them?

the most shocking thing is these talibans strength
to destroy a convey u need atleast hundreds of well trained and well equiped men
its scary to watch their strength
they r down but not out of business

mangal bagh group lashker e islam group and taliban use to be at each others throat
but govt failed to take advantage of their differences and now they both made alliance against pakistan both are united under similar cause

why we have to do operations in places we cleared in past? y cant we secure them?
This is counter-insurgency. The Taliban does not wear uniforms. Nor is there a front line. Stay behind groups of militants is common. This is not unusual. To permanently deter re-infiltration and re-activation of other sleeper cells, there needs to be local permanent bases to respond to local threats from time to time. Along with that development must proceed to erode their ideological base.

That's what India did in the 'Red Corridoor'. Now it is mostly history. :)

THE VERY FIRST THING IS
WE were told that every thing is normal in khyber
we have established complete writ of state as a result of last operation
tirah is also clear
now what happen??

the most shocking thing is these talibans strength
to destroy a convey u need atleast hundreds of well trained and well equiped men
its scary to watch their strength
they r down but not out of business

mangal bagh group lashker e islam group and taliban use to be at each others throat
but govt failed to take advantage of their differences and now they both made alliance against pakistan both are united under similar cause

In my opinion;

1) This is intelligence failure. And a big one at that! How could 100s of Terrorists (even 50) march with full gear, plan, execute and even had the time to film the aftermath
2) Some responsibility has to be shared by the Ops commander. Where was the Air cover? Or, they assumed the Tanks will be enough to thwart any ambush?

However, this is very tragic

guys i have seen a gruesome video released by Taliban of Khyber operation
i cant post it as posting graphic images is not permissible in this forum

but it was a stunning and scary video
i was shocked to see.. Taliban n mangal bagh goons are freely moving in bara Khyber and they shown at least ten burned Pak army vehicle apparently it shows that the whole convey is destroyed and the beheaded bodies shows the whole crew is killed

i am shocked we were made to believe that we are wining this war and militants are surrendering on daily basis
when will this bloody war end. these bastards are the biggest enemies of Pakistan no one hurted Pakistan so much the way these SOBs did in last 6 7 years
seriously i salute my soldiers
we sitting in our home doesn't even have a clue how difficult this war is
which these boys are fighting for our future
they deserve our respect
i just having goosebumps in my back bone watching that video
imagine yourself for a couple of minutes at that place...patrolling a hostile area in which you could be targeted any time through an ambush , sniper or IED an enemy who is better equipped better funded got the backing of every hostile intelligence agencies and known for his ruthlessness will kill you n cold blood and if got you will behead you n slaughter you
i am sure majority of us will refuse to even enter in that area even if someone offer us millions
I SALUTE MY BRAVE JAWANS FOR DEFENDING OUR NATION IN THAT VALLEY OF DEATH
Oh bhai how can you say that taliban are better equiped than pak army?. Just by watching a graphic video , you have reached to that conclusion?. Sandal wearing taliban with AK-47 are no match for 6 lakh pak army with air power and artillary, with state's immense resources at their disposal. As for as casaulties of pak army are concerned, you should naturally expect it in such a difficult terrain, with enemy being in guerrella warfare mode.

Opinion
The militant landscape
Dr Farrukh Saleem
Sunday, November 23, 2014
Capital suggestion

On April 4, 1996, Mullah Mohammed Omar Mujahid declared himself Amir-ul-Momineen or Commander of the Faithful. Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden, the founder of Al-Qaeda, had personally sworn oath of allegiance, bay’ah, to Mullah Omar. The entire Afghan Taliban leadership had sworn bay’ah to Mullah Omar. The entire TTP leadership had also sworn bay’ah to Mullah Omar. In 2011, Dr Ayman Zawahiri, the current emir of Al-Qaeda, renewed his bay’ah to Mullah Omar.

On June 29, 2014, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil) announced the establishment of a caliphate, the Islamic State (IS), with Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi al-Qurashi al Husseini as Amir-ul-Momineen or Commander of the Faithful (Mullah Omar remained the undisputed Commander of the Faithful for eighteen long years).

Since the establishment of the Islamic State two very important events have taken place. First, on September 3, Ayman al-Zawahiri announced the establishment of Qaedat al-Jihad in the Indian Subcontinent or Al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) with the aim of taking on the “governments of Pakistan, India, Myanmar and Bangladesh”.

Second, on October 10, half a dozen TTP commanders swore “allegiance to Amir-ul-Momineen and Caliph of the Muslims, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, to listen and obey, in enthusiasm and reluctance, and in ease and hardship.”

The commanders who swore allegiance are: Omar Khalid Khorasani Commander TTP Jamaat-ul-Ahrar (Mohmand), Hafiz Saeed Commander TTP Orakzai, Daulat Khan Commander TTP Kurram, Fateh Zaman Commander TTP Kyber, Mufti Hasan Swati Commander TTP Peshawar and Khalid Mansoor Commander TTP Hangu.

The three most important issues here are: One, there can only be one Amir-ul-Momineen at any given point in time. Two, the breaking of bay’ah is an extremely serious act and can be considered akin to treason. Three, the Wagah border suicide attack that killed 60 was claimed by the Jamaat-ul-Ahrar.

The militant landscape in the Subcontinent is changing-changing fast. The TTP, as a consequence of Operation Zarb-e-Azb, is fractured. Militants in our immediate region are internally divided and splinter groups are breaking previous bay’ah and forming new alliances. The structure as well as the hierarchy of individual militant groups is undergoing change.

There is evidence that Al-Qaeda is losing traction in South Asia and the IS is gaining ground. From an intelligence standpoint, keeping a lid on a fractured TTP will be more challenging than before. Ideologically, the IS is even further right of Al-Qaeda. As far as military strategy is concerned, Al-Qaeda has been more into terrorist undertakings while the IS is more into capturing and holding physical terrain.

The probability is that Al-Qaeda and its remaining Subcontinental allies will try to prove that they are still relevant by sponsoring more spectacular terrorist attacks. The TTP has long been considered as a militant group with regional ambitions. No more.

Will there be a confrontation between Al-Qaeda and the IS? Only time will tell. Overall, the South Asian militant landscape is becoming more complicated and ever more alarming.

For the record, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is becoming more and more relevant not just in Pakistan’s vicinity but around the world. For the record, Obama’s Democratic Party lost mid-term elections partly because Obama failed to put forward an effective strategy to bring down Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

The writer is a columnist based in Islamabad. Email: farrukh15@hotmail.com

Twitter: @saleemfarrukh

you guys actually believe what is posted by these militants. they edit their videos just like the claim that they shot down a F-16.....i'll take such videos with a pinch of salt. there is a lot of such video available from afghan / iraq etc to be used for their propoganda.

you guys actually believe what is posted by these militants. they edit their videos just like the claim that they shot down a F-16.....i'll take such videos with a pinch of salt. there is a lot of such video available from afghan / iraq etc to be used for their propoganda.
But What about Beheaded soldiers? they edited it too?

But What about Beheaded soldiers? they edited it too?

there have been reports of previous beheadings mainly the FC during early part of WOT. the attack on check-post did take place and beheadings were reported, after which army vowed to take full revenge from these animals.

there have been reports of previous beheadings mainly the FC during early part of WOT. the attack on check-post did take place and beheadings were reported, after which army vowed to take full revenge from these animals.
Sir ji, i was talking about the recently released video that members here are talking about

Oh bhai how can you say that taliban are better equiped than pak army?. Just by watching a graphic video , you have reached to that conclusion?. Sandal wearing taliban with AK-47 are no match for 6 lakh pak army with air power and artillary, with state's immense resources at their disposal. As for as casaulties of pak army are concerned, you should naturally expect it in such a difficult terrain, with enemy being in guerrella warfare mode.
i have talked to dozens of pak army officers
all of them confirmed that TTP used extremely modern and advance weapons
some of their weapons are even better than pak army in terms of accuracy and range
at times army recovered weapons from ttp which was used by NATO
now whether they got it directly from NATO or from some black market or in a raid is debatable but they are certainly very well equipped
i guess you haven't seen their propaganda footage where they clearly shows they just dont rely on AK 47 They always use heavy shelling while conducting a raid or gurella attack on army post

@Irfan Baloch @Icarus @Xeric @Oscar @Horus @balixd

Video posted 10 days ago. Terrorist ambushed a large convoy in Khaybar. I counted 6 trucks and 4 jeeps destroyed along with a T-59 tank, not to mention basta.rds beheaded our soldiers and was showing there bodies. the tank turret blew off. Does it mean TTP or more specific Mangal bagh group have ATGM in their arsenal ?

View attachment 154336 View attachment 154337

View attachment 154344

@Dazzler - What do you make of this ?

Back
Top Bottom