What's new

Operation "Swift Retort" heroes awarded on 14th August

Some of it is true but mostly it is due to a senior officer's lifestyle in the air force. It is nothing to do with pulling Gs and more to their terrible eating habits.
And you sir know more than a doctor specializing in aviation medicine, who has seen the effects of High Gs on pilot's cardiovascular systems and in practice for 30 plus years? Eating habits I assure you have little to do with this. He has seen pilots who love their nihari, halwa puri etc maintain their cardiovascular health while on the flip side many seemingly health GDPs who ate right and exercised right retired in front of him due to heart problems, some at a relatively young age and ranks as low as Flight Lt or Squadron Leader.

And you sir know more than a doctor specializing in aviation medicine, who has seen the effects of High Gs on pilot's cardiovascular systems and in practice for 30 plus years? Eating habits I assure you have little to do with this. He has seen pilots who love their nihari, halwa puri etc maintain their cardiovascular health while on the flip side many seemingly health GDPs who ate right and exercised right retired in front of him due to heart problems, some at a relatively young age and ranks as low as Flight Lt or Squadron Leader.
Not countering what the flight surgeon knows or not. Trust me on this what I mentioned plays a strong role in determining a pilot's career especially on flying fast jets. Oh and I would take a pilot-physician's studies over a flight surgeon in certain areas. I may or may not be correct according to the mentioned doctor's expertise but if you can quickly message him back on my earlier comment I guarantee you he'd agree, unless they have never brought the concept of physical fitness into the career aspect at all.

Also I am surprised at how quickly you are getting their view on things.

Cheers !!!

Not countering what the flight surgeon knows or not. Trust me on this what I mentioned plays a strong role in determining a pilot's career especially on flying fast jets. Oh and I would take a pilot-physician's studies over a flight surgeon in certain areas. I may or may not be correct according to the mentioned doctor's expertise but if you can quickly message him back on my earlier comment I guarantee you he'd agree, unless they have never brought the concept of physical fitness into the career aspect at all.

Also I am surprised at how quickly you are getting their view on things.

Cheers !!!
Happens when you are a favorite nephew with a knack for asking questions and being a general nuisance until they are answered. He is retired now and his phone is always on so I just called. :-) Plus we've had this discussion (pilot physical fitness & related issues) many times over the last two decades, as he is the one who told me I couldn't join the PAF as I'm a blood cancer survivor and how crucial cardiovascular and hematological health is for pilots.

Back
Top Bottom