What's new

Operation "Swift Retort" heroes awarded on 14th August

Hi,

For Air Commodore Kaiser Tufail to be the base commander of Shahbaz when the american were there is a proof that he was a top notch officer.

Now why did he not get promoted to air vice marshall is a question that needs to be asked---.

Sir apne Baba G ki sari conspiracy theory barbaad kr di :p:

Hi,

And that made you so happy---. How low a person can fall to say that---I would say not low enough?

Due to a heart condition which meant he couldn't fly.

Hi,

Are you sure---because his daily routine does not reflect that---ie his bicycling all over the region.

And lately he flew back seat on the J11 I believe---???

He applied for retirement.
From what I have read from posts of well connected members in another forum, now-a-days offline for revamping, which alludes to his forthright assessment of the pre-Kargil operation plans discussion ... that didn't go well with the higher ups of the army who were toeing Musharrif's plan to go ahead and do something at that time. He felt he was being side-tracked afterwards. Especially so after the passing away of Air Chief Marshall Mushaf Ali Mir in 2003. He retired in 2005.

Hi,

And that made you so happy---. How low a person can fall to say that---I would say not low enough?

Hi,

Are you sure---because his daily routine does not reflect that---ie his bicycling all over the region.

He flew viper too

upload_2019-8-18_23-22-53.png

Lt. Gen. Ghulam Mustafa talking about israeli pilot pretty confidently. Watch 38:00 minute onwards

Hi,

Hi,

Very sure. Many pilots end up retiring early due to heart conditions developed over the course of a career spent pulling high Gs. They can still fly low-medium altitude,low G sorties but continuous/regular high level and high G flying puts them at a risk of a severe myocardial infarction, hypoxia and extreme vasoconstriction(risking the loss of not only an aircraft but the pilot as well. [Rule no1 in occupational health & safety, put peoples' lives and safety first and foremost]).
My aunt's husband was a doctor in the PAF and in his career he saw many GDPs with excellent flying skills and leadership abilities retire just because of this. This is not a remark on their professional acumen or capability at all rather an in your face reminder of the limits of the human body.

Hang Kalbhushan.....he is found guilty by Pakistani courts

The awards given by Pakistan Military were long over due

Very sure. Many pilots end up retiring early due to heart conditions developed over the course of a career spent pulling high Gs. They can still fly low-medium altitude,low G sorties but continuous/regular high level and high G flying puts them at a risk of a severe myocardial infarction, hypoxia and extreme vasoconstriction(risking the loss of not only an aircraft but the pilot as well. [Rule no1 in occupational health & safety, put peoples' lives and safety first and foremost]).
My aunt's husband was a doctor in the PAF and in his career he saw many GDPs with excellent flying skills and leadership abilities retire just because of this. This is not a remark on their professional acumen or capability at all rather an in your face reminder of the limits of the human body.
Some of it is true but mostly it is due to a senior officer's lifestyle in the air force. It is less to do with pulling Gs and more to their terrible eating habits. I personally know 2 retired (PAF)active-duty fighter pilots but still flying fast jets as IPs on civilian contracts, both overcame the bellyfighting culture by changing their diet and working on their fitness regime, both 60+ in age and sitting in Vipers these days (cannot say where).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom