What's new

Operation Rah-e-Rast (Swat)

wasnt trying to generalize....but they just didnt put up much resistance to ttp in the beginning. My impression is that they are not fighter type people by nature.

I know it sounds ridiculous of me. But thats how i feel. God bless the Swatis nevertheless.

wasnt trying to generalize....but they just didnt put up much resistance to ttp in the beginning. My impression is that they are not fighter type people by nature.

I know it sounds ridiculous of me. But thats how i feel. God bless the Swatis nevertheless.

jus for god sake dont make these stupid comments man.. what u mean they didnt put much resistance to ttp?? how can u make such statements against ur own people :frown:?? I think Swatis are the bravest and strongest people in Pakistan, over 1,000,000 Swatis had the guts to live in Swat even under those harsh and unthinkable conditions... what has peshawar done to resist against these terror acts??? nothing, taht dosent mean they arent the fighting type...

I didnt say they arent brave. In fact, by now I would imagine they are braver than the average Pakistani. They were forced out of their homes, just prior to the beginning of hot summer. Refugees in their own country

Now they are back home, rebuilding what was lost and confronting the economic problems that came about when taleban were forcing the cinemas and other industries to shut down

I knew that i shouldnt have said what i said. I should have kept it to myself. I love Swatis like anything; they are beatiful people and proud Pakistanis.

I just wish they resorted to arms and stood up against taleban. I am more sorry that govt. FAILED to provide the funds for police training. Law enforcement is the job of police, not Army and not civilians.

As for Peshawar, i dont have answer to your question. I believe that to get a job done right, do it yourself. That's why I keep my Walther P22 with me most of the time, especially when driving around the city. You can never be too safe.

PESHAWAR: Troops on Monday killed four suspected militants during a search operation in northwestern Swat valley where the military claims to have quelled a militant uprising, officials said.

Soldiers came under fire as they raided a suspected hideout of militants loyal to radical cleric Mullah Fazlullah in Shamozai village, 30 kilometres southwest of the valley's main town Mingora.

‘Troops retaliated and killed all four militants,’ military spokesman Major Mushtaq Khan said.

Colonel Akhtar Abbas, senior official of the army-run Swat media centre, confirmed the incident and said there were ‘no military casualties.’

Swat, a former tourist resort, slipped out of government control in July 2007 after Fazlullah mounted a violent campaign to enforce Islamic sharia law.

The army launched an offensive in April and says more than 2,150 militants have been killed in Swat and the neighbouring Buner and Lower Dir districts. It said in July that most of the insurgent bastions had been wiped out.

But sporadic clashes and suicide attacks continue to rock the valley.

Pakistan's military is now engaged in a fierce offensive in the northwest tribal belt along the Afghan border, where the core Taliban leadership and Al-Qaeda-linked militants are holed up in the rugged mountain terrain.

DAWN.COM | Provinces | Troops kill four militants in Swat

KHAR: Eight militants, two explosives experts among them, were killed in Bajaur tribal region on Monday.

According to sources, military planes pounded suspected militants’ hideouts in Kharki, Gatki and Niag Banda areas of Mamond tehsil, killing six militants and injuring three others. Two compounds used by militants were destroyed.

Officials of the political administration said local people had left their homes and shifted to safe areas. The militants had built bunkers and tunnels in the region.

Local people said two militants were killed in an explosion in a bunker in Damadola area.

They were reported to be making bombs when explosives went off. They were identified as Osman and Amir; both from Punjab.

Meanwhile, 25 militants, including five local commanders, surrendered to security forces in Salarzai tehsil.

17 terrorists apprehended in operation Rah e Rast

ISLAMABAD, Dec 15 (APP): Security forces recovered huge cache of arms and ammunition during the process of link up at Dwatoi on Jandoal sector during last 24 hours in operation Rah e Nijat in South Waziristan. Security forces cleared Aqhzar near Pezu, Tauda Uba near Dogar, Jani Kot near Sultani Adda and apprehended 2 suspects. On Shakai Sector, Security forces carried out sanitization and consolidated their positions in Shakai Sector.

Security forces conducted search operation near Tara Tiza and destroyed 22 compounds including 2 tunnels (35 feet long) on Razmak sector.

Security forces successfully established link up at village Zawar near Ghariom.

Area domination operation was carried near Pash Ziarat and 15 compounds were cleared and huge cache of arms and ammunition were recovered.

Few rockets were fired by terrorists near Spinkai Narai which were effectively responded.

Meanwhile during Operation Rah e Rast in Swat Malakand, Security forces recovered huge cache of arms and ammunition at Lalkhu Gharai, Batku near Sakhra, village Hatrang, Tangar near Bartana, Darogzar near Matta and Bashkhela near Drushekhela in operation Rah e Rast in Malakand operation.

Security forces conducted search operation at Tutaki near Matta, Manglaur, Charbagh, Harichand near Dargai, Devolai, Mam Dheri and Tighak Galoch and apprehended 17 terrorists.

four terrorists voluntarily surrendered to security forces at Shahdand Banda and Bara Banda.

As many as, 23,973 Cash Cards have been issued to displaced families of Waziristan.

Sunday, 20 December 2009
Muharram 02, 1431
At Least Four Militants Killed Along Malakand-Bajaur Border
PESHAWAR: Security forces on Sunday killed at least four militants at Kalangi area located along the Malakand-Bajaur border.

According to security officials, the militants were trying to enter into Malakand from Bajaur when the security forces intercepted them at Kalangi check post.

The militants opened fire at the security forces, which led to a gun battle during which the militants were killed.

Security forces recovered a rocket launcher, four small machine guns, sixteen magazines and six grenades.

The security forces last night also killed eight militants in Buner and recovered a heavy amount of arms and ammunition.

Meanwhile, at least six suspects have also been arrested during a search operation in Lakki Marwat.

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | At least four militants killed along Malakand-Bajaur border

I just wish they resorted to arms and stood up against taleban. I am more sorry that govt. FAILED to provide the funds for police training. Law enforcement is the job of police, not Army and not civilians.

Easy to contemplate, but ever thought if they had the resources. In front of the merciless Talibs and without the support of Gov and law enforcement agencies it is impossible. You can't just expect for a civilian to say "Enough of Shyt, I am going to blast the bastards". People always contemplate easily but even if a civilian's sister or brother would be killed in front of him, he can't do much otherwise he know that he would be killed too. That's what the Talibs did in Afganistan. Fighting terrorists is not a job of civilian, however that doesn't mean that they should not help provide inputs to Law enforcing agencies. But they are helpless and you can't expect them to fight the Talibs who killed around 550 army personell according to COAS.

‘Malakand on road to progress after peace restored’

* SAFRON minister says development projects worth billions of rupees launched in division
* Gas supply to Malakand soon

Staff Report

PESHAWAR: Minister for States and Frontier Regions (SAFRON) Najmuddin Khan said on Sunday writ of the government and peace had been restored in Malakand division, which was now on the path of development because of efforts of the federal government and the army.

The minister said development projects worth billions of rupees were launched in Malakand division which would become a model after the completion of these schemes.

Najam said public representatives were giving people their rights at their doorstep.

The minister was talking to media after presiding over a ceremony for formation of Dir Officers Welfare Association at Peshawar.

He said Dir was a backward area but there was no dearth of resources and potential there.

He assured that government efforts would rid people of poverty and backwardness. He highlighted the development projects launched by the federal government in Malakand division.

The minister said the federal government had launched education, health, employment and social welfare projects while others would soon be launched.

He said reason for poverty and backwardness was lack of education; therefore the federal government had approved universities at Swat and Shringal, cadet colleges at Swat and Dir and upgrading of Malakand University.

He said the work on Sui gas supply projects in Maidan and Samar Bagh was underway and Malakand division would soon be provided gas.

He said the prime minister had also agreed in principle for the establishment of Dir medical college and Dir medical complex. He said the internally displaced persons (IDPs) from Dir would be given rights as were those affected in Swat. He said the government had doubled police force in Malakand division.

MINGORA: Four suspected militants were killed in Swat’s Karakar area, DawnNews reported security sources as saying Tuesday. Two soldiers were also injured, sources said.

According to the Swat Media Centre, a group of militants were attempting to enter Buner from Swat. However, security personnel intercepted them en route, resulting in a fierce clash.

In the ensuing exchange of fire, four suspected militants were killed while two security personnel were injured.

Two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), two Klashnikovs, wireless sets and a sub-machine gun were also seized from the militants. — DawnNews

Six terrorists killed in Operation Rah-e-Nijat in South Waziristan

ISLAMABAD, Dec 19 (APP): Six terrorists were killed during an encounter with extremists at Lawara Punga area near Mana in Razmak sector during the last 24 hours as the security forces continued Operation Rah-e-Nijat in South Waziristan.According to Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) press release, security forces secured Sain Tanga and Malik Shahi Jandola Sector and carried out search and clearance operation in Mehmudabad,Khanu Khel near Pezu and Munawala near Pezu. Four suspects were apprehended during the search operation.

In Shakai Sector, security forces conducted search operation in village Ali Meh and Ziarat Jeh near Sarwakai and recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition.

Security Forces conducted search operation in Badam Shah near Pash Ziarat and destroyed three compounds, two bunkers and one tunnel (4 feet x 15 feet) and cleared four houses.Terrorists fired with rockets and small arms at security forces patrol near Mana which was effectively responded.

The forces conducted search operation at Khamata Sar & Shakrai Narai,Marobi Raghazai, Kam Narakai/Bashka and cleared 52 compounds and recovered a cache of arms and ammunition.

During a search operation of Waziristan Hotel in Miran Shah and apprehended two terrorists and three grenades and one jacket camouflage were recovered.

Meanwhile in Operation Rah-e-Rast Swat-Malakand security forces carried out cordon and search operation in Pashtunai, Bodigram near Matta and recovered cache of arms and ammunition.Search and clearance operation at Batkhela, Hissar near Daggar, Topdarra near Daggar and Swari, Dandikot near Ambela and apprehended 13 suspects alongwith arms and ammunition.

In relief activities, 25,843 Cash Cards have been issued to displaced families of Waziristan.

Operation Rah-e-Rast of Swat and Malakand, the security forces conducted search and clearance operation at Bara Banda, near Kanju, Ghuzkas, Sarbala near Tutan Banda, Guljabba near Kabbal and apprehended 14 suspects.

The security forces conducted search and cordon operation in Tetai near Fatehpur, Mera Mai near Bar Durushkhela, Sarsanai, Mingora and surroundings and recovered cache of arms and ammunitions.
A search and clearance operation was also conducted near Totakan and during encounter, four terrorists were killed.

Last edited:
Eighteen militants arrested in Malakand
Thursday, 24 Dec, 2009

PESHAWAR: Security forces cleared 50 compounds and bunkers of militants in South Waziristan and apprehended 18 suspected terrorists from Swat and Malakand, DawnNews reported.

According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), security forces carried out search and clearance operations in Basti Dewala near Gomal University, Wanda Mochian in Dera Ismail Khan and apprehended a large number of suspects.

In the Razmak region, security forces conducted search operations in Lowara Punga near Mana and cleared 50 compounds and bunkers.

Two Afghan suspects were also apprehended and a cache of arms and ammunition was recovered from the site.

In Swat and Malakand, five suspected terrorists voluntarily surrendered to security forces.

- DawnNews

ISLAMABAD, Dec 27 (APP): During the operation Rah-e-Rast in Swat and Malakand, security forces carried out search and clearance operation in Saidu Heights area near Mingora and recovered suicide jackets, IEDs and ammunition.

Nine terrorists voluntarily surrendered to security forces at Waliabad, Charbagh, Devolai, Jowar, Maniari, Swari, Swawai and Lal Qila.
Security forces also carried out search and clearance operation in Jabrai near Khawazakhela and recovered cache of arms and ammunition from fields.

SWAT, Dec 28 (APP): The security forces carried out search and clearance operation in Atror near Kalam, Chuprial and Nilgram areas of Swat during Operation Rah-e-Rast and recovered cache of arms and ammunition.

At least 3 terrorists voluntarily surrendered to security forces at Roringar and Devolai.

Security forces also carried out search and clearance operation in Mingora City and recovered cache of arms and ammunition besides similar search and clearance operation in Tal, Kandao near Shah Dheri and Taghma areas of Swat and recovered cache of arms and ammunition.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom