What's new

Operation Rah-e-Rast (Swat)

PML-N fully supports military operation: Ch. Nisar

Updated at: 1800 PST, Monday, May 11, 2009
ISLAMABAD: We are losing ground in Balochistan but we fully support the military operation in the northern areas of the country, Opposition leader in the National Assembly, Chaudhry Nisar said here on Monday.

Speaking in a National Assembly session, Ch. Nisar said that the government has been challenged in Swat.

However, he said, the government is pursuing a unilateral policy and called for sharing of realities and facts with the nation.

“We were unaware of the peace deal in Swat and we were also kept in dark about waging of war,” Ch. Nisar complained.

He said some Taliban groups have connections with the enemies.

PML-N fully supports military operation: Ch. Nisar

taliban only have connection with ISI & pakistan army.............when ever USA strick with their DRON ......how came taliban terrorists survive the attacks....?...........who provide them the information in advance ?
CIA i guess as they operate UAV's.OTOH Dude don't be a douche bag.Stop creating multiple ipds.

taliban only have connection with ISI & pakistan army.............when ever USA strick with their DRON ......how came taliban terrorists survive the attacks....?...........who provide them the information in advance ?

y doesnt US target taliban instead of killing ppl at funnerals or at weading functions. y didnt US target baitullah mahsood when his location was given by pakistanis. y doesnt US destroy all the poppy crop which is one of the major source of income for talibans. now shouldnt i say the samething of talibans having connections with CIA...
stop trollin

If I wanted to collect some resources and send them to the refugee camps from Canada, how would I go about doing so?

Is there an organization already doing this? I haven't heard anything in the Masajid recently, which is what happened after the Earthquake. I think we need to rally as we did before and help our brothers and sisters. If we let them down at this crucial time, we might lose them forever.

If I wanted to collect some resources and send them to the refugee camps from Canada, how would I go about doing so?

Is there an organization already doing this? I haven't heard anything in the Masajid recently, which is what happened after the Earthquake. I think we need to rally as we did before and help our brothers and sisters. If we let them down at this crucial time, we might lose them forever.

go to the thread called 'My People'. on the first page Agnostic has provided some details regarding different organisations workin for IDPs. otherwise u can always donate to edhi. they must have a special fund for IDPs. and if u trust the gov then even PM have established his own fund to which u can give donations through national bank, statebank and i guess also through pakistani embassies in foreign countries
u r doin a great job.
:pakistan:

Wow - what kiraaye kay tattooo you Taliban sympathizers are.

What 'brave and courageous' men you are, beating and whipping women and children, what 'honorable people' you are, blowing up peoples barber shops and stores, and how 'Islamic' your actions are, when you blow up innocent women, children and men.

Go fck yourself - or better yet, go have a Taliban Mullah do it - I am sure one of those ***** Mullah's will be able to justify it as an act to get you into heaven and find 72 virgins.

Ameen brother, ameen. :tup:

go to the thread called 'My People'. on the first page Agnostic has provided some details regarding different organisations workin for IDPs. otherwise u can always donate to edhi. they must have a special fund for IDPs. and if u trust the gov then even PM have established his own fund to which u can give donations through national bank, statebank and i guess also through pakistani embassies in foreign countries
u r doin a great job.
:pakistan:

Thanks brother. You're the one doing a great job, along with some others, keeping us informed and updated. Keep it up.

On my side, organizing funds would have been much easier during university (summer vacations now), but I'll try to get in touch with my friends from the Muslim Students Association and get something started in local Masajid and stuff. The Pakistani Student Federation is not very useful when it comes to this stuff. If I wanted to organize a function, I would contact them. I remember during the earthquake, I was proud of the efforts going on in the Pakistani community. I don't see that right now. I would like to.

Thanks brother. You're the one doing a great job, along with some others, keeping us informed and updated. Keep it up.

On my side, organizing funds would have been much easier during university (summer vacations now), but I'll try to get in touch with my friends from the Muslim Students Association and get something started in local Masajid and stuff. The Pakistani Student Federation is not very useful when it comes to this stuff. If I wanted to organize a function, I would contact them. I remember during the earthquake, I was proud of the efforts going on in the Pakistani community. I don't see that right now. I would like to.

We should all contribute to maximum since this is also part of the war effort and will determine the fate of Pakistan...the displaced people should not feel abandoned by their country.

May Allah give us all the courage, conviction and the spirit to sail through these troubled waters and help those who are afflicted by the consequences of this war.

I trust Edhi the most but i guess Sahara is also good.
Just make sure you donate to the organization which you really think will do genuine work for the IDPs.

Jazak Allah.

Ok yesterday i was in islamabad and i for one for surprised to see people's thought in that area about the whole thing. A few of them which i met one including my lawyer who was a pakthoon said that all fault lies within the GOP and they have done it under the US pressure. They seemed to be calling militants as mujhadeen and defending that. As always its seems that two idelogies have been created in the country one strongly anti taliban and people in that category are mostly from Punjab and Sindh and the other one is the Pakhtoon who think other wise. There seems to be a huge conflict of thinking. Baluchistan is an altogether different thing and yes baluchistan is also in flames, a flame we need to take care of before it consumes all.

ARMY HAS DROPPED HELIBORNE TROOPS AT PEOCHAR, STRONGHOLD OF MULLAH FAZLULLAH - FIREFIGHT CONTINUES!

Firefight that is achieving little result!

Beginning with the operation in South and North Waziristan in March 2005, Bajaur, Mohmand and Khyber last year and now the one in Malakand Division, yeh chingaari sirf pahlti jaa rahi hai!

Ok yesterday i was in islamabad and i for one for surprised to see people's thought in that area about the whole thing. A few of them which i met one including my lawyer who was a pakthoon said that all fault lies within the GOP and they have done it under the US pressure. They seemed to be calling militants as mujhadeen and defending that. As always its seems that two idelogies have been created in the country one strongly anti taliban and people in that category are mostly from Punjab and Sindh and the other one is the Pakhtoon who think other wise. There seems to be a huge conflict of thinking. Baluchistan is an altogether different thing and yes baluchistan is also in flames, a flame we need to take care of before it consumes all.

If thats the attitude still in the minds of common people then there seems to be a serious problem as GoP has failed to mobilise public opinion.

Also it points to a tendency of taking the WoT as fight for regional superiority of Punjab-Sindh over other provinces. That is bad news IceCold. Hope some stringent info campaign is taken up by GoP.

You are right about Baluchistan. Especially with this kind of "punjab trying to dominate us" mentality being fanned .....

Firefight that is achieving little result!

Beginning with the operation in South and North Waziristan in March 2005, Bajaur, Mohmand and Khyber last year and now the one in Malakand Division, yeh chingaari sirf pahlti jaa rahi hai!

Makes it all the more important to launch such operations and take out the likes of Fazlullah quickly.

You are right, even amongst the educated lot and even in Lahore here i see entirely conflicting point of view amongst all my associates.

Some even pretend that nothing wrong has been done by any party except GOP which to them is following US orders, actually the statements of US government should have been more concealed and diplomatic in order to avoid giving ammunition to this school of thought.
Also it certainly helps the pro Taliban lobby when a major operation is launched and President is in foreign land with the US reps...it certainly should have been avoided but alas we are not the most perceptive people in our actions.

All i hope for is quick elimination of Taliban strongholds and commanders to ensure that the civilian population moves back and some sort of normalcy is restored.

What we can do is to donate maximum to various funds in order to ensure that the civilians are cared for.

If thats the attitude still in the minds of common people then there seems to be a serious problem as GoP has failed to mobilise public opinion.

Also it points to a tendency of taking the WoT as fight for regional superiority of Punjab-Sindh over other provinces. That is bad news IceCold. Hope some stringent info campaign is taken up by GoP.

You are right about Baluchistan. Especially with this kind of "punjab trying to dominate us" mentality being fanned .....

Well as All-Green has pointed out, i think a reason for this is because of the timing of the whole thing from the starting of the peace deal and sharia implication over to the operation and president sb in US calling taliban and not India as the greatest enemy, it was obvious that people who might have joined the government bandwagon are now looking towards it as an US agenda being followed on. The timing couldnt be worse and Zardari should have been more carefull while opening his mouth. In the end it the public opinion which will matter and if God for bid, turns against the GOP then all that we have fought for and laid precious lifes of our soldiers will go in vain.

Back
Top Bottom