What's new

Operation Rah-e-Rast (Swat)

but they are not challengin writ of gov in other parts of pakistan. while they have killed so many tribal elders in FATA and swat.

now wat do u want to do with them?? should we not fight them and let them move to other parts of pakistan?? these ppl are not willing to talk and have got their own agenda.

please answer.....

bro come on now, u beeen reading wat going on in Baluchistan? The situation is way out of hand comapre to bunch of Talibaans in tribal belt. Look I dun knwo how old are you but I was in my late teens, when Afghan war was going on, one one side we were having Russia in afghanistan and we were fully engage in that war, on the other side india was at the border with army, in btween we had JSSF in int sindh and karachi going in flames, Riaz shahid I believe in his book sindh ka muqadma chronciled it all, The security estimate was that if India attacks from sindh side the first line of defense will be jamshooroo phatak at hyderabad. Dadu (sun) GM Syed abai gaooon was use as traning camps for JSSF and MQM, how did we kill that? did we bombard?, no we used selective hitting, and mostly law and order situation to bring it all under control, a simple thing zia marhoom and military did, pannu aqil fauji chowni, and everything went quiet.

Kill them I have np with it I have problem with this stupid use of overwhelming force and the way its been done not by us but by orders of USA

bro come on now, u beeen reading wat going on in Baluchistan? The situation is way out of hand comapre to bunch of Talibaans in tribal belt. Look I dun knwo how old are you but I was in my late teens, when Afghan war was going on, one one side we were having Russia in afghanistan and we were fully engage in that war, on the other side india was at the border with army, in btween we had JSSF in int sindh and karachi going in flames, Riaz shahid I believe in his book sindh ka muqadma chronciled it all, The security estimate was that if India attacks from sindh side the first line of defense will be jamshooroo phatak at hyderabad. Dadu (sun) GM Syed abai gaooon was use as traning camps for JSSF and MQM, how did we kill that? did we bombard?, no we used selective hitting, and mostly law and order situation to bring it all under control, a simple thing zia marhoom and military did, pannu aqil fauji chowni, and everything went quiet.

Kill them I have np with it I have problem with this stupid use of overwhelming force and the way its been done not by us but by orders of USA

now we are talking. thanks for answering in clear words.
wat u r sayin is that we should fight them but without killing civillains and also we should stop taking orders from US. am i right??

now we are talking. thanks for answering in clear words.
wat u r sayin is that we should fight them but without killing civillains and also we should stop taking orders from US. am i right??

whether we like it or now now it has become our war. TTP and allies like them are an inherent danger to us we can't sit back. My problem is we still fighting it as per usa fight. TTP (and here i use it in ideological sense) has at most 15- 20%, rest are either for revenge, oppurtunistic, warlords and miscreants. We have to formulate the policyy tahts for our benefit. Earlier I gave an example of nifaz-e-adl being used to target talibaan, we split them corner them and eliminate them if require by force.
If u interested we can discuss at length the manner to defeat. But I can't endorse this bombardment no matter wat.

whether we like it or now now it has become our war. TTP and allies like them are an inherent danger to us we can't sit back. My problem is we still fighting it as per usa fight. TTP (and here i use it in ideological sense) has at most 15- 20%, rest are either for revenge, oppurtunistic, warlords and miscreants. We have to formulate the policyy tahts for our benefit. Earlier I gave an example of nifaz-e-adl being used to target talibaan, we split them corner them and eliminate them if require by force.
If u interested we can discuss at length the manner to defeat. But I can't endorse this bombardment no matter wat.

well i completely agree with u that it was never our war but has now become our war. and also that many criminals and warlords have joined these talibans.
i was in favour of nizam-e-Adal and against military operation in swat but later taliban didnt keep their word and started moving to other areas. this was their mistake. they showed the ppl their real face and that they are not interested in shariah or islam. after this ppl who were earlier supporting them have now declared jihad against them. bro we have isolated them on political front. now is the time to crush them. even i dont support bombing but if swat ppl are fine with it then i have got no problem. i agree that this is the short term solution and in long run we will have to stop taking orders from US and do wat is in our best interest. we will have to provide jobs, justice and education.

well i completely agree with u that it was never our war but has now become our war. and also that many criminals and warlords have joined these talibans.
i was in favour of nizam-e-Adal and against military operation in swat but later taliban didnt keep their word and started moving to other areas. this was their mistake. they showed the ppl their real face and that they are not interested in shariah or islam. after this ppl who were earlier supporting them have now declared jihad against them. bro we have isolated them on political front. now is the time to crush them. even i dont support bombing but if swat ppl are fine with it then i have got no problem. i agree that this is the short term solution and in long run we will have to stop taking orders from US and do wat is in our best interest. we will have to provide jobs, justice and education.

can u imagine the noise a bomb makes when it hit the target, now iimagine that sound multiplying and just imagine of kids in the areeas, forget the psychological damage that it will causse, just the physical damage that does to his/her hearing. This is just one lil example of wat bombardment doing to civilians, they are ours they are not enemies. over a million IDP nice name for refugees there has to be a better way.

can u imagine the noise a bomb makes when it hit the target, now iimagine that sound multiplying and just imagine of kids in the areeas, forget the psychological damage that it will causse, just the physical damage that does to his/her hearing. This is just one lil example of wat bombardment doing to civilians, they are ours they are not enemies. over a million IDP nice name for refugees there has to be a better way.

ya now we are on rit track.
we can definately debate about how to kill these talibans. tell me wat do u propose?? how should we kill them??
im off now. will be back in an hour or so

Wow that is great news...I hope it is successful! Ameen!

11-year-old Shaista is alive, but barely! 11-year-old Shaista is alive, but barely!
Her father is perhaps still unaware of the doom that fell upon his family as Shaista is still looked after by the people she never met before.The traumatised Shaista said the mortar shell struck a room she was asleep in. Short of breath, Shaista said her mother, two sisters and a brother were killed in the incident - plunging her into a lifelong trauma.

According to her doctor, Shaista seems to lose her memory occasionally and she sometimes starts crying, apparently because of the shock she has suffered.Children seem to be the worst sufferers among the estimated one million people displaced by the ongoing fighting between the armed forces and Taliban militants in the northern districts of Buner and Swat.

In the same hospital, more than a dozen people had been admitted from Buner district with multiple injuries that they had suffered in artillery shelling by the security forces.

“We don’t know what’s our crime that prompted our own armed forces to target us. On the one hand, the government is asking us to vacate our houses, while on the other they imposed curfew and blocked all roads in Buner,” complained Sher Badshah from Suwarai village. He said thousands of people were still trapped in Buner and could not come out due to curfew and blockade of roads.

Badshah complained that he was taking his family to Mardan when an artillery shell hit one of the trucks, killing five members of his family and injuring three others, including his aged father. “Now, tell me what crime did we commit?” his son questioned.

Ur army at work

afzalKhan u lik quoting examples but u dont tell me how should we fight them?? tell me how would u fight them if were ever given chance??

wow wat a pak army we got more like karaey ke tattoo, killing our own population. Here I wanted nothing much to be part of that army, i backed this army everywhere, this is not pak army this is mercenary army. Only good at killing its own ppl. carry on pak army killing ur own mighty good work u been doing. oh btw congrats u have MQM as allies

Wow - what kiraaye kay tattooo you Taliban sympathizers are.

What 'brave and courageous' men you are, beating and whipping women and children, what 'honorable people' you are, blowing up peoples barber shops and stores, and how 'Islamic' your actions are, when you blow up innocent women, children and men.

Go fck yourself - or better yet, go have a Taliban Mullah do it - I am sure one of those ***** Mullah's will be able to justify it as an act to get you into heaven and find 72 virgins.

Gilani says terrorists will be forced to lay down arms
ISLAMABAD, May 11 (APP): Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani on Monday vowed to force the militants to lay down arms and said the writ of the government will be established at all cost. Making a policy statement on the situation in the Swat region, he said the anti‑state elements were bent upon destroying peace and de‑stabilizing the country.

“No matter how strong they (terrorists) may get, they cannot fight with the armed forces of Pakistan. We will soon force them to lay down their arms,” the Prime Minister said.

“These terrorists are out there trying to destabilize and conquer Pakistan. They have their own agenda. They don’t have a religion and are working under their foreign masters.”

Prime Minister Gilani said that a resolution was passed by this house during the last session on Nizam‑e‑Adl Regulation with an understanding that the other side will ensure peace in Malakand division.

He said the resolution was passed despite criticism of the government, respecting the traditions and culture of the area and the agreement the provincial government had signed with all sincerity.

The Prime Minister regretted that instead of ensuring peace, the writ of the provincial government was challenged, personnel of the law enforcing agencies were made hostage, the government property was destroyed or forcefully occupied.

In these circumstances, he added, the government was left with no other option but to order military operation against the militants and terrorists.

All the stakeholders had agreed that the operation in the area had become unavoidable and the parliamentarians belonging to Swat, Buner, Shangla and other adjoining areas were taken on board prior to the action, he said.

The Prime Minister dispelled the impression and the fear amongst some sections of the society that the army action might fail or it might not achieve the desired results within a specific time.

“I assure the house that the whole nation is united,” he said, adding that the armed forces were called out after taking into confidence all the political parties and stakeholders.

He said that the militants had laid down mines in the area in an attempt to inflict maximum casualties during relaxation in curfew, but these were cleared by the Pakistan army personnel.

Gilani urged all politicians to support the government at this critical juncture as it was not the time to do politics.

“These are a handful of people (terrorists) who are not sincere to Pakistan. Inshallah, we will fight them bravely and strengthen the defence of the country.”

Prime Minister Gilani also announced a comprehensive strategy for the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and announced that a special support group at federal level will be constituted which will organize an international donors conference.

He said all the matters relating to the IDPs will be looked after by the NWFP government and the role of the special support group, headed by Lt. Gen. Nadeem Ahmed, will be that of a coordinator.

He said Lt. Gen. Nadeem has been chosen in view of his experience for rehabilitation and reconstruction during the 2005 earthquake.

Prime Minister Gilani said the support group will have a senior representative each from the ministries of interior, health, information, foreign affairs, cabinet and finance.

He said the support group will organize registration of IDPs, provide them medical cover and manage camps.

The Prime Minister said that the minister for information will be the focal person to brief media about the activities of the support group, while minister of state for finance will be the focal person for international donors.

He said the NWFP government will make an assessment of the damages to the property in the areas where army action is being taken and added that these areas might be exempted from taxes.

Prime Minister Gilani said that the government has announced Rs 1 billion for the IDPs and Rs 500 million have already been transferred to NWFP government.

He stressed the need for latest equipment and capacity building of Frontier Constabulary and Frontier Corps as, the Prime Minister added, military operation was not a permanent solution to the problem.

He said the areas also require bomb‑resistant police stations and jamming of illegal FM radio transmission to counter negative propaganda.

The IDPs, he added, have rendered great sacrifices and have done so “to make our future secure and to save Pakistan.”

He urged the people to donate generously for the displaced persons and urged the parliamentarians to visit their camps.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Gilani says terrorists will be forced to lay down arms

Talibans are responsible for these Civillian deaths.If it was not for their ego Swatis would be living in peace right now!

52 miscreants killed in Operation Rah-e-Haq in last 24 hours
ISLAMABAD, May 11 (APP): Operation against miscreants by security forces is making headway successfully as in the last 24 hours 52 miscreants have been killed and 5 wounded during the exchange of fire besides destroying various hideouts by the security forces. According to an update on situation in Swat and other adjoining parts issued by ISPR on Monday, the hideouts of miscreants destroyed during the operation included at Kabal, Tutano Banda, Deda Khura, Peochar, Sarbande and Matta. In result of destroying miscreants’ hideouts, 30 militants were killed.

The miscreants raided Kanju Fort of security forces, consequently injuring five personnel.

Miscreant’s hideouts at Mingora and Peochar area were also engaged by the security forces, where 11 miscreants were killed. Two Security Forces personnel were injured due to miscreants fire at Circuit House Mingora.

At Ayub Bridge, seven miscreants were killed by security forces while the miscreants in their efforts to damage the public and civil property, demolished the building of Government Boys Primary School at Fazalabad, Barrikot.

The gunship helicopters of the security forces engaged tunnel and hideout of miscreants at Qamber ridge where three miscreants were killed while five others were injured.

In a bid to launch an IED by a militant at Chamtalai, the security forces spotted him and shot down.

Miscreants fired mortar shells at Police Station Mingora, resultantly four soldiers got injured.

The security forces have cleared the route up till Khawazakhela, during the clearance of Banni Baba Ziarat three soldiers embraced shahadat and three others were injured. Ultimately the security forces took over the control of Banni Baba Ziarat.

In Gulabad of Lower Dir the security forces resumed cordon and search operation to clear Haya Sarai area and secured ridge line on west of road Chakdara‑Gulabad, overlooking Gulabad.

In Bunner the operation to clear area from Daggar to heights in north at a distance of 2.5 to 5 Kms is smoothly progressing. Reportedly, miscreants during the operation suffered heavy casualty and losses at the hands of security forces which took over complete control of road Daggar‑Sultanwas and established new posts on important heights.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency )

Back
Top Bottom