What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

Because of religious reasons and also economy
though political gov has difficulty to say no as per their investment in gulf...but i am sure pak army abstain taking part in it... as they hv been neutral in iran-iraq war. 2nd and 1st gulf war..syrian civil war... ow pak army don't fear... as they participated in bosnian war, arab-isreal, etc

Geopolitical and economic obligations, not to mention defense agreements between the two. Basically, Pakistan doesn't have much of a choice, if the Iranians attack. Pakistan would rather stay out of it, but if it looks like the Iranians may be planning on invading the KSA, Pakistan's obligation first and foremost will be to protect the holy cities. If the Iranians look like they have the upper hand, Pakistan will get involved directly.

Well I think Iranians are too smart to do something stupid like direct war against KSA but if assuming such a war breaks out then I agree that ultimately Pakistan should just get involved.

I don't know about that. The US is reluctant to get involved in any more wars in the middle east, they'd probably look to form a coalition of Muslim nations and provide support.
Do you think SaudiA is now doing all the strikes by itself? I bet there are US 'advisers' on board. If Iran is in, nuclear talks are out. Which means a strike on Iranian nuke facilities in a couple of months.

Well I think Iranians are too smart to do something stupid like direct war against KSA but if assuming such a war breaks out then I agree that ultimately Pakistan should just get involved.
No one thinks the Iranians will get directly involved, or even indirectly at this point. Pakistan's position isn't a "should", rather it is a "has no choice".

though political gov has difficulty to say no as per their investment in gulf...but i am sure pak army abstain taking part in it... as they hv been neutral in iran-iraq war. 2nd and 1st gulf war..syrian civil war... ow pak army don't fear... as they participated in bosnian war, arab-isreal, etc

PA actually supported Iran in their war with Iraq because Iraq was funding Baluch rebels in Pakistan and weapons were found in their embassy or consulate after a raid, after which Iraqi diplomats were expelled and relations were strained.

How? What would be Pakistan's role? Which side does Pakistan join?

No one thinks the Iranians will get directly involved, or even indirectly at this point. Pakistan's position isn't a "should", rather it is a "has no choice".

I get you and I agree but my point was even if Pakistan had a choice it should go ahead anyway.

Pakistan was part of the original Gulf war....to drive Saddam Hussain out of Kuwait....and Pakistan army actually had a large troop presence on behalf of Saudi Arabia........i know people who served as officers at that time from PA.

Do you think SaudiA is now doing all the strikes by itself? I bet there are US 'advisers' on board. If Iran is in, nuclear talks are out. Which means a strike on Iranian nuke facilities in a couple of months.
The GCC as a whole is probably behind this operation, the US probably already knew, but I doubt they are involved. Iran will stay out of this, and let the Houthis militias disintegrate, they'd rather not start a direct war or ruin their chances at nuclear talks.

Pakistan has not confirmed any such involvement. We have to wait for ISPR or MOFA.
ISPR will never confirm even if pictures are released or get leaked we are dam good at denying

Back
Top Bottom