What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

Remember Desert Storm,Afghanistan,Iraqi freedom,Serbian Campaign?
Is that supposed to be a proof? Saudis don't even declare they have killed civilians (at least Israel does it sometimes when bombing Gaza), the only thing they do is automatically blaming Houthis for civilian casualties, like a parrot, while they send flowers from skies to refugee camps and factories.

Well, there should be third party coming in to solve this conflict. The ideal one is Indonesia since it has good relation to all the powers . Some one need to bring the letter to us. But, we are not going to be active if not requested since our internal problem is quite big as well. If requested, our Vice President can do this task, since he is seen as leaning toward Islamist power than nationalist one regarding our internal politics, so quite eligible as a mediator in the Muslim world internal conflict like this.

If there are ground troops deployed, it can only push back the rebel into their hometown where they will get much people support there. So, nothing can be solved 100 % by military means. It is better for Houtis to negotiate now, while their power are still quite strong because they still have many cards at hand to get long term political gain.
This is something i have always been supportive of:

Indonesia, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, and a few other neutral/non-middle eastern Islamic countries should intervene, even deploy 20-30,000 troops each to the war stricken areas of the Arab/Muslim world to put an end to all this sectarian bloodshed and help mediate peace between the warring factions. Unfortunately Pakistan can no longer be trusted for such a mission due to our tilt towards the GCC faction, especially after all of those news article about us sending troops to Saudi.

But i guess it will not happen any time soon.

Regarding the Houthis, i don't think these airstrikes will weaken them in the long run, rather the airstrikes will only feed the growing negative sentiments of the Yemeni people's towards the Saudis.

There could have been a political/diplomatic solution to the Houthi issue. Now this whole operation has just set another part of the Arab world in flames.

Is that supposed to be a proof? Saudis don't even declare they have killed civilians (at least Israel does it sometimes when bombing Gaza), the only thing they do is automatically blaming Houthis for civilian casualties, like a parrot, while they send flowers from skies to refugee camps and factories.
Well isn't it obvious that hauties will blame Saudies for every civilian killed and Saudies doing vice versa. Both have different objective functions. For hauties civilans enter as a benefit for survival. For Saudies this is the cost against the benefit of taking out Hauties hiding and operating in populated areas. For hauties benefits of using humans as shield outweighs the cost of waging an open war and for Saudies the benefits of taking out hauti war machine outwighs the cost of collateral damage. It's a bloody war after all.

Well isn't it obvious that hauties will blame Saudies for every civilian killed and Saudies doing vice versa. Both have different objective functions. For hauties civilans enter as a benefit for survival. For Saudies this is the cost against the benefit of taking out Hauties hiding and operating in populated areas. For hauties benefits of using humans as shield outweighs the cost of waging an open war and for Saudies the benefits of taking out hauti war machine outwighs the cost of collateral damage. It's a bloody war after all.

The Tweet I posted came from a Yemeni news agency which condemns both sides. It's not from Houthis, see their other Tweets, they have also bashed Houthis. Saudis are the aggressors, they don't have any right to be in Yemen to begin, now you are trying to sugarcoat their acts of killing civilians with everything you can. It's like Nazis blaming Jews for hiding among civilians, hence other civilian casualties.

And yet again, you didn't bring one single proof that Houthis had hidden themselves among civilians.

Meanwhile:

Yemen air strike kills family of nine: residents| Reuters

(Reuters) - An air strike on a village near the Yemeni capital Sanaa killed a family of nine, residents said on Saturday, in what appeared to be a hit by the Saudi-led military campaign against Houthi militia.

Five other people were wounded and some citizens remained under the rubble, state news agency Saba said.

The Tweet I posted came from a Yemeni news agency which condemns both sides. It's not from Houthis, see their other Tweets, they have also bashed Houthis.

And yet again, you didn't bring one single proof that Houthis had hidden themselves among civilians.

Meanwhile:

Yemen air strike kills family of nine: residents| Reuters

(Reuters) - An air strike on a village near the Yemeni capital Sanaa killed a family of nine, residents said on Saturday, in what appeared to be a hit by the Saudi-led military campaign against Houthi militia.

Five other people were wounded and some citizens remained under the rubble, state news agency Saba said.
Like I said, there will be collateral damage because its linked to the necessity of both Hauties and KSA for survival and elimination respectively. Ask Hauties to fight an open war and most of their war machine will be toasted like Iraqis in desert storm.

Btw I read some local news citing Gen Sulemani being present in San'aa?

Like I said, there will be collateral damage because its linked to the necessity of both Hauties and KSA for survival and elimination respectively. Ask Hauties to fight an open war and most of their war machine will be toasted like Iraqis in desert storm.

Houthis are the Yemenis, they didn't intend any war with any foreign powers, it was Saudis who invaded Yemen.

meanwhile, the funniest part of this coalition of evil is that they didn't drop a single bomb on Al-Qaeda (while they captured a whole city in the east), they don't even try to bomb al-Qaeda because Al-Qaeda is their ground force.

Houthis are the Yemenis, they didn't intend any war with any foreign powers, it was Saudis who invaded Yemen.

meanwhile, the funniest part of this coalition of evil is that they didn't drop a single bomb on Al-Qaeda (while they captured a whole city in the east), they don't even try to bomb al-Qaeda because Al-Qaeda is their ground force.
Again Hauties are a militia and they challenged the govt. Saudies and GCC see them as a threat to the region so to take yamen the clash of hauties with gcc was inevitable just like when ISIS was sweeping across Iraq and Iraqi army crumbled Iran jumped in with the fire fighting.

2) I haven't read about any clash between AQ and hauties during the war. The jail break incident rather shows that AQ has son other plans of herself.

Sissi says securing Yemen’s key strait an Egypt priority | Arab News

Cairo: Egypt’s president said Saturday that securing the Bab Al-Mandab access to the Red Sea off Yemen’s coast is a top priority, nine days after Cairo joined a Saudi-led offensive against Yemeni rebels.

“Securing navigation in the Red Sea and protecting Bab Al-Mandab Strait is a top priority for Egypt’s national security,” Abdel Fattah El-Sissi said in a statement.

The Red Sea is at the southern end of the Suez Canal, through which much of the world’s maritime trade passes.
Later, in a speech broadcast on state television, Sissi said securing the key waterway was also a matter of “Arab national security.”

Egypt is taking part in the campaign with its air force and navy, and has pledged to commit ground troops if needed.

The strait, only 32 kilometers (20 miles) wide, separates southwestern Yemen from the small African country of Djibouti. Control of it by a hostile power could severely threaten maritime traffic passing between the Mediterranean Sea and the Indian Ocean.

2) I haven't read about any clash between AQ and hauties during the war..

That was expected, as I said, you are the guy blindly supporting Saudis without even knowing what's happening on the ground.

Houthis gain ground against Yemen's al-Qaeda - Al Jazeera English

Ansar Allah vows to defeat al-Qaeda in Yemen - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

Al Qaeda targets Houthi fighters in Yemeni port city - CNN.com

Houthi rebels seize province, clash with al-Qaeda in Yemen's Rada'a | Middle East Eye

Al Qaeda clashes with Houthi rebels in Yemen | The National

And it was pretty lame and stupid to compare Iraq's situation with Iran:

1. Iraq's president or PM are in the country, they haven't fled anywhere and they control most of Iraq.

2. Houthis are not comparable to IS terrorists in any way imaginable.

3. Iran didn't send its army or air force to Iraq, we just provided advisers and weapons.

4. Iraqi government has rules out any any ground intervention from foreign forces in fight against IS (including Iran).

5. Houthis are a legitimate Yemeni movement that has existed for hundreds of years, unlike ISIS which are a group of international savages gathered under one flag.

6. Most of Yemen's army is on the side of Houthis.

7. Millions of Yemenis support Houthis.

8. Nothing else is needed, you just showed me your mentality and logic. This is my last response to you.

That was expected, as I said, you are the guy blindly supporting Saudis without even knowing what's happening on the ground.

Houthis gain ground against Yemen's al-Qaeda - Al Jazeera English

Ansar Allah vows to defeat al-Qaeda in Yemen - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

Al Qaeda targets Houthi fighters in Yemeni port city - CNN.com

Houthi rebels seize province, clash with al-Qaeda in Yemen's Rada'a | Middle East Eye

Al Qaeda clashes with Houthi rebels in Yemen | The National

And it was pretty lame and stupid to compare Iraq's situation with Iran:

1. Iraq's president or PM are in the country, they haven't fled anywhere and they control most of Iraq.

2. Houthis are not comparable to IS terrorists in any way imaginable.

3. Iran didn't send its army or air force to Iraq, we just provided advisers and weapons.

4. Iraqi government has rules out any any ground intervention from foreign forces in fight against IS (including Iran).

5. Houthis are a legitimate Yemeni movement that has existed for hundreds of years, unlike ISIS which are a group of international savages gathered under one flag.

6. Most of Yemen's army is on the side of Houthis.

7. Millions of Yemenis support Houthis.

8. Nothing else is needed, you just showed me your mentality and logic. This is my last response to you.
I think you didn't get me. I heard no reports of AQ clashing with hauties during the operation. If AQ,had been allied with GCCs then they could have been used to suppress huties during air campign.
Plus if you can't argue properly, don't blame others for that. There is no moral high ground in this ME conflict for anyone.

Leaders of Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait obliquely referenced Iran earlier at the summit held in Egypt's Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh. They blamed the Persian country for meddling in the affairs of Arab nations, with Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi saying, without mentioning Iran by name, that it was "spreading its ailment in the body.
saudi-arabia-sfSpan.jpg

Saudi Press Agency, via Associated Press
News about Saudi Arabia, including commentary and archival articles published in The New York Times.

Leaders of Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait obliquely referenced Iran earlier at the summit held in Egypt's Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh. They blamed the Persian country for meddling in the affairs of Arab nations, with Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi saying, without mentioning Iran by name, that it was "spreading its ailment in the body.
saudi-arabia-sfSpan.jpg

Saudi Press Agency, via Associated Press
News about Saudi Arabia, including commentary and archival articles published in The New York Times.

So rich from a Nawaz supporter (your avatar). But if Sissi did not name anyone, we can imagine he was referring to Saudis themselves.

At any rate, they are even afraid to name Iran. I guess this describes the situation:

This is something i have always been supportive of:

Indonesia, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, and a few other neutral/non-middle eastern Islamic countries should intervene, even deploy 20-30,000 troops each to the war stricken areas of the Arab/Muslim world to put an end to all this sectarian bloodshed and help mediate peace between the warring factions. Unfortunately Pakistan can no longer be trusted for such a mission due to our tilt towards the GCC faction, especially after all of those news article about us sending troops to Saudi.

But i guess it will not happen any time soon.

Regarding the Houthis, i don't think these airstrikes will weaken them in the long run, rather the airstrikes will only feed the growing negative sentiments of the Yemeni people's towards the Saudis.

There could have been a political/diplomatic solution to the Houthi issue. Now this whole operation has just set another part of the Arab world in flames.

Peace keeping force of OIC is something that possible in the future, considering so many internal conflict that happens in the Middle East. During Cambodja peace process in 1990's, we deployed around 10.000 troops there.

no no no you got it all wrong.. we blame iran and ali abdullah saleh. houthies are their tools only.
houthies dont know how to oerate sam and ballistic missiles. iranians and ali saleh do.
iran sent missiles to yemen just before the war.

Saudis are the aggressors, they don't have any right to be in Yemen to begin
and you have the right to be in lebanon syria iraq and yemen ?! LOL
any way whats bugging you so much ? from your writing i can say you are frustrated!
its a matter between neighboring countries. between 2 arab states. chill its not your business. say your openion but dont get emotional. and cut down the BS. its getting too old.

Back
Top Bottom