What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

Two IAF planes carrying 334 Indians from Yemen land in Mumbai: Defence sources | Zee News
Last Updated: Saturday, April 4, 2015 - 00:33

New Delhi: Two aircrafts of Indian Air Force (IAF) carrying 155 and 179 Indians respectively have been evacuated from strife-torn Yemen landed in Mumbai from Djibouti on late Friday night, Defence sources said.

India today began air evacuation of its citizens from Yemen as the first Air India flight landed in Sanaa to rescue those trapped in the largest city of the war-ravaged country.

After hectic diplomatic efforts, earlier in the day, India finally got permission to land in Sanaa and the first flight with a passenger capacity of 120 has landed, the Spokesperson in the External Affairs Ministry had said.

Nearly 2,500 Indian nationals are waiting in Sanaa to flee the strife-torn country.

The Spokesperson had said that there will be four sorties today by Air India plane and the government was hoping to rescue over 500 nationals.

Minister of State in External Affairs Ministry VK Singh is in Djibouti to oversee the evacuation operation.

Earlier in the day, Air India had sent two 180-seater Airbus A320 planes to Muscat on March 30 for evacuation of Indians from Sanaa to Djibouti but they could not fly to the Yemeni city as clearance was not given by the concerned authorities.

The MEA spokesperson further said 35 Indians had crossed over from Yemen to Saudi Arabia and are now in Gizan. He said Indian officials are assisting them them to return to India.

Last night, more than 300 Indians were rescued from Yemeni port city of Al Hudaydah, taking the total number of those rescued to over 800 from the country.

So far, majority of Indians were rescued by Navy vessel INS Sumitra. It had evacuated 350 Indians from Aden on Tuesday night and rescued over 300 nationals from Al Hudaydah yesterday.

Indians are being brought back to the country from Djibouti by two Air Force C-17 Globemasters.

This is the fourth major evacuation which the Indian government has undertaken. The first three were in Ukraine, Iraq and Libya.

Yemen has been witnessing fierce battle between Saudi-led coalition and Shiite rebels, who have battled their way into the heart of Yemen's main southern city Aden where fighting raged in the former stronghold of President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi who has fled overseas.

(With PTI inputs)

However, as soon as a new president was elected democratically

Democratically, in a single candidate election in which Hadi (previous part of Saleh regime) won with 99.8% of votes. Democratic my arse. :) Aren't you the same one mocking Assad's elections? :lol: The worst part is that the 'democratic' elections were praised by countries who haven't seen a true election in their entire history (GCC).

when he escaped they tried to murder him

If they wanted to kill that stooge (Hadi), they could have done it while they had him under house arrest for months. You guys have lied so much after aggression that you have actually used to it, you can't write a sentence without a lie to justify attacking poorest Arab country to save your stooge.

Last edited:
I said I am a Sunni, not a Wahabi. Once you learn the difference, you can get back here.

There's no such thing as a "Wahabi", it's a term giving to anyone opposing the Iranian agenda in the region, if you were a Sunni you would've known that, but you just exposed yourself. So again give it a rest.

There's no such thing as a "Wahabi", it's a term giving to anyone opposing the Iranian agenda in the region, if you were a Sunni you would've known that, but you just exposed yourself. So again give it a rest.
I am well aware that 'Wahabi' isn't a thing and that Sunnis in Saudi Arabia are Hanbalis not Wahabis. However, given your 'extremist' view that anyone disagreeing with Saudi Arabia is a Shi'ite; I decided to call you a Wahabi.

Saudi Arabia doesn't support AlQaida, that is your opinion.

Iran on the other hand sees Houthis as part of the holy "resistance" axis (resistance against who? heck if I know at this point).
It is a well known fact that Saudi Arabia has supported Al Qaeeda. To deny it would be the same as saying that Iran has no links to Mahdi Army.

Democratically, in a single candidate election in which Hadi (previous part of Saleh regime) won with 99.8% of votes. Democratic my arse. :) Aren't you the same one mocking Assad's elections? :lol: The worst part is that the 'democratic' elections were praised by countries who haven't seen a true election in their entire history (GCC).
This election was recognized by regional and international observers.
Yemeni presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Next time educate yourself and look out for info before wasting my time.

If you're a Sunni then you're automatically branded by the Shiites as:

Umayyad
Hussain killer
Yazid lover
Wahhabi
Terrorist
Nasibi
Regressive
Bakri
Omari
bla
bla
bla

So @BLACKEAGLE I guess I'd have to step in to save your Jordanian butt once more ! :tsk:

Though I don't think that the Houthis will say anything to you because you are my brother ! :azn:

And @azzo if you expect us to fight alongside you guys; I expect to be given the recipe to Al-Baik chicken in return ! :whistle:

I am well aware that 'Wahabi' isn't a thing and that Sunnis in Saudi Arabia are Hanbalis not Wahabis. However, given your 'extremist' view that anyone disagreeing with Saudi Arabia is a Shi'ite; I decided to call you a Wahabi.

It is a well known fact that Saudi Arabia has supported Al Qaeeda. To deny it would be the same as saying that Iran has no links to Mahdi Army.

Saudi And America did support the Taliban at a one point in time to destabilize the communist state called the USSR, but not Al-Qaeda.

If you say otherwise then it remains and opinion, and Saudi officials have never released a statement in support of AlQaeda, on the contrary, they fought against them.

Baseless Shiite propaganda does not equal the reality.

If you're a Sunni then you're automatically branded by the Shiites as:

Umayyad
Hussain killer
Yazid lover
Wahhabi
Terrorist
Nasibi
Regressive
Bakri
Omari
bla
bla
bla
Kufa served as the capital of the Rashidun Caliphate under Hazrat Ali (RA) and was a well-known to be a base for his supporters. This 'support' can be seen to this day as Kufa is religiously important for Shi'ites not Sunnis.

That more or less shows that Shi'ites were the the people of Kufa who first invited Hazrat Imam Hussein (RA) and then refused to help him. In any case, let's not turn this into a religious discussions

So @BLACKEAGLE I guess I'd have to step in to save your Jordanian butt once more ! :tsk:

Though I don't think that the Houthis will say anything to you because you are my brother ! :azn:

And @azzo if you expect us to fight alongside you guys; I expect to be given the recipe to Al-Baik chicken in return ! :whistle:

Dude I'm from Riyadh, I've only eaten Albaik twice, and one of them was transported via 11 hr land trip :sick:

And then I discovered I had celiac disease, so I can't eat it now even if I wanted to.

Kufa served as the capital of the Rashidun Caliphate under Hazrat Ali (RA) and was a well-known to be a base for his supporters. This 'support' can be seen to this day as Kufa is religiously important for Shi'ites not Sunnis.

That more or less shows that Shi'ites were the the people of Kufa who first invited Hazrat Imam Hussein (RA) and then refused to help him. In any case, let's not turn this into a religious discussions

They supported him then killed him, his time was chaos and dissidence ridden, and in a speech he voice his anger and dislike towards them. Of course all of this according to Alkafi, one of the most important Shia books after Quran.

This election was recognized by regional and international observers.
Yemeni presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Next time educate yourself and look out for info before wasting my time.
Why didn't Hadi get a 100%? Wasn't he the only candidate?

What is Omari and Bakri ? :unsure:
Shi'ites reject the First Two Caliphs, Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA) and Hazrat Umar (RA) whilst they are respected by the Sunnis.

Basically, 'Bakri' and 'Omari' are terms used by Shi'ite for Sunnis.

Hadi is a transitional president.

TBH this situation is more about the security of the borders (which comes from Yemen's stability) than Yemen's democratic ambitions.

Shi'ites reject the First Two Caliphs, Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA) and Hazrat Umar (RA) whilst they are respected by the Sunnis.

It's kind of like, let's say Assad supporters being called Assadis?

I knew that but I didn't know that people had a name for that ! o_O

Back
Top Bottom