What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

Ahadeeth on Yemen

Narrated ‘Uqba bin ‘Umar and Abu Mas’ud:

Allah’s Apostle pointed with his hand towards Yemen and said, “True Belief (Eeman) is Yemenite yonder (i.e. the Yemenite, had True Belief and embraced Islam readily), but sternness and mercilessness are the qualities of those who are busy with their camels and pay no attention to the Religion where the two sides of the head of Satan will appear. Such qualities belong to the tribe of Rabi’a and Mudar.”

~Saheeh Al-Bukhaari, The Book of the Beginning of Creation, Hadeeth No. 3079

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah’s Apostle saying, “Pride and arrogance are characteristics of the rural bedouins while calmness is found among the owners of sheep. Eeman is Yemenite, and wisdom is also Yemenite i.e. the Yemenites are well-known for their true belief and wisdom).” Abu ‘Abdullah (Al-Bukhari) said, “Yemen was called so because it is situated to the right of the Ka’ba, and Sham was called so because it is situated to the left of the Ka’ba.”

~Saheeh Al-Bukhaari, Book of the Virtues of the Prophet and His Companions, Hadeeth No. 3261

Narrated Abu Masud:

The Prophet beckoned with his hand towards Yemen and said, “Belief (Eeman) is there.”

~Saheeh Al-Bukhaari, Book of Military Expeditions, Hadeeth No. 4069

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, “The people of Yemen have come to you and they are more gentle and soft-hearted. Belief is Yemenite and Wisdom is Yemenite, while pride and haughtiness are the qualities of the owners of camels (i.e. bedouins). Calmness and solemnity are the characters of the owners of sheep.”

~Saheeh Al-Bukhaari, Book of Military Expeditions, Hadeeth No. 4070

Narrated Ibn ‘Umar:

The Prophet said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The People said, “And also on our Najd.” He said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham (north)! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The people said, “O Allah’s Apostle! And also on our Najd.” I think the third time the Prophet said, “There (in Najd) is the place of earthquakes and afflictions and from there comes out the side of the head of Satan.”

~Saheeh Al-Bukhaari, Book of Tribulations and the End of the World, Hadeeth No. 6641

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

“When the people of Yemen came, the Prophet said: “The people of Yemen have come, and they have softer hearts than you,” and they were the first people to initiate the tradition of shaking hands.”

Silsilat al-Ahadith as-Sahihah # 527

Zoroastrians don't worship the fire they were the first people to worship one god

But it's useless since you speak to saudi and you want him to understand

Did worship your god who is made out of dates and you eat him when you get hungry

Did you bury your daughter like your saudi ancestors used to do

My dear friend Salman, I hope you are doing well. Our ancestors have indeed done all of what you describe above. But the difference is we never look up to that past and glorify it as a "lost treasure". Quite the opposite, we keep saying that we were unfortunately like this before we embraced Islam, and we have changed to the better afterwards. Even a new term came into existence to identify this unfortunate period which is named "the age of Ignorance عصر الجاهلية". As you know, "the age of Ignorance عصر الجاهلية" is now included in all of our history books as a chapter that remind us of how things were :D.

My dear friend Salman, I hope you are doing well. Our ancestors have indeed done all of what you describe above. But the difference is we never look up to that past and glorify it as a "lost treasure". Quite the opposite, we keep saying that we were unfortunately like this before we embraced Islam, and we have changed to the better afterwards. Even new term came into existence to identify this unfortunate period which was called "the age of Ignorance عصر الجاهلية". As you know, "the age of Ignorance عصر الجاهلية" is now included in all of our history books as a chapter that remind us of how things were :D.

This was limited to a short period (overall in the history) and far from to all people. Still what went on back then was nothing compared to what occurred elsewhere in the region on this front and in the world overall. A bit of research does not hurt!:)

Monotheism first occurred in Arabia and even the paganism (ancient Semitic religions) were much better than elsewhere (much of Africa, Europe, Asia etc.)

One-of-Saleh-s-sons-wounded-in-Yemen
By Staff writer | Al Arabiya News
Sunday, 29 March 2015
One of the sons of former Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh’s was wounded on Saturday as Saudi-led coalition forces continued for a third day targeting Houthis in the country, according to reports cited by Al Arabiya News Channel.

It is not known which of Saleh’s two sons - Ahmed and Khaled – was reportedly wounded.

Reports also said that tribes in Shabwa Province, located to the east of the capital Sanaa, had surrounded the former president, without giving further details.

Read Al Arabiya News Channel’s exclusive of how Ahmed Ali Abdullah Saleh tried reaching out to the Saudis to gain immunity by proposing a coup against the Houthis.

Last Update: Sunday, 29 March 2015 KSA 00:29 - GMT 21:29
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...rts-One-of-Saleh-s-sons-wounded-in-Yemen.html

@Gasoline These boys looks more like it :) Guns and equipment is one thing, but I think the psychological warfare is also vital. Intimidating attires and face masks really shock you. Obviously this didn't work out so well for the (ex?) Iraqi army that walked around like they were from COD and got whipped by ISIS back in the days.. God speed to our Arabic brethren.

I understand you, gang wars is a hell for any country including U.S or Russia .:D
In 2009, we fought them and now we've the experience and we're clearly know their way of fighting.In addition,we've our allies on the ground .No surprises insha Allah.:)

PicsArt_1427574569001.jpg

Who are these guys?
Normal uniform of Pakistan navy or some special unit?
I seen Pakistani guys in this uniform in Saudia training their navy.

Ok guys, the discussion has steered to theocracy and obviously sectarian fault lines. There will be no end to this discussion. You know there won't be.

Issue really is regional politics. So I say we leave it at it. I'm more interested on the military aspects of this campaign. What is GCC military plan? What assets are being deployed by which country in what role? How effective have they been? Given overwhelming military power Houthis are up against, what tactics are they using? If at all, what role Iran is playing (just in military perspective, no sectarian BS please). Why KSA asks for military assistance from Pakistan? And why is it important, if at all.

As far as I could figure out (which may well be wrong), as phase one GCC has aimed to contain further gains of Houthis, putting a blockade and enforcing no fly zone. Since military action came surprisingly quick for some, civilians and diplomats of participating countries still have to leave. Naval component has primarily focused on sealing off coastlines to deny any help arriving for Houthis. Along with that, naval ships are involved in evacuations and probably acting as rescue vessels for any hit aircraft. Their is a fair chance that they are being used as launch pads for inserting special forces and intelligence officials.

Air component has apparently focused on destroying weapon depots and larger installations e.g. air defence capability. They also seem to neutralise threats around airfields, for their later use may be?? Ground offensive is not on horizon yet. They will probably organize a local counter Houthi force before launching ground offensive. I don't know but that's my guess.

So where does Pakistan fit in? Could be participation in Naval blockade by PN? Sea and air surveillance by our AEW&C? I have no clue what role is being sought. As far as I can tell there have been no assets committed by Pakistan yet but then again it is my assumption.

From a military point of view, what options Iran has. Apparently it is highly unlikely they will choose direct military confrontation. But apart from diplomatic resistance, are there covert military options for Iran. I also find it intriguing that Oman chose to stay out of coalition! What is its stance? Does that mean there could be hole in the blockade? Where it leave US-AQAP ops?

Please contribute your thoughts on military aspects.

80 Indians heading back home from Yemen via Djibouti | Zee News
"80 Indians are leaving on Yemenia Airways' first flight from Sanaa today. They are headed to Djibouti where Indian mission will assist in their journey home," the Spokesperson in the External Affairs Ministry said.

Concerned over the situation in Yemen, the ministry has been holding hectic intra-ministry parleys to explore ways to get its nationals out of the strife-torn country.

The ministry has also held inter-ministerial meeting to examine options available to government to assist Indian nationals in Yemen in current fragile security situation in which senior officials from ministries of Defence and Overseas Indian Affairs apart from Air India were present.

The ministry has also set up a 24 hour Control Room to monitor the situation in Yemen where all the airports have been shut down from today, the Spokesperson said.

There are about 3,500 Indians, most of whom are nurses, in various provinces of Yemen including Sana'a.

U.S. rescues Saudi airmen from water south of Yemen
WASHINGTON — A Defense Department official says U.S. forces rescued two Saudi airmen after they ejected from an F-15 fighter jet over waters south of Yemen, where Saudi Arabia is leading airstrikes against Iran-allied Houthi rebels.

The official says a U.S. helicopter flew Thursday from neighboring Djibouti to the Gulf of Aden and rescued the airmen. Initial reports said the rescued airmen were "ambulatory."

The destroyer USS Sterett took lead of the situation after Saudi Arabia requested U.S. assistance Thursday afternoon, coordinating assets from the U.S. naval base in Djibouti and the amphibious transport dock USS New York.

The official, who was not authorized to discuss the operation by name and requested anonymity, had no information on the two airmen's status or why they ejected from their plane.

The USS Sterett, a guided-missile destroyer, coordinated the search, while the USS New York looked for the men. A rescue helicopter flew from Djibouti to retrieve them on Thursday.

Saudi Arabia is leading a coalition military operation to quell a rebellion by Houthi militias in Yemen. The United States supports the operation, but is not participating in it.

Three U.S. Navy ships are standing by in the Gulf of Aden for future recovery operations. U.S. manned aircraft are not permitted to fly in Yemen airspace under the current rules of engagement.

Last edited:
Yes try that and entire Sunni Block will kick your butt we can't stay neutral and kid know what Arabs had at 1971 than talk
What arabs had at 1971? No one is going to kick us and plenty of sensible sunni nations aren,t joining this war .
You are living in your delusional world and yet have the audacity to call others kid .

28/03/2015 | 09:59 PM | Gulf News
the Saudi artillery backed by Apache helicopters continued pounding Houthi militia vehicles moving towards the southern Saudi areas of Jezan and Najran.

Back
Top Bottom