What's new

Operation 021 booed off the screens in Bambino and Capri

Watched 021 with family at Cinestar Lahore which is a cinema for the better class. Honestly speaking, after the movie we were thinking that we would never get these 2 hours of our life back. It is an extremely slow movie made in bad lighting having unclear dialogues and vague story line. It is neither a patriotic movie like Waar nor an action flick, it has no entertainment value. No doubt about the acting and the filming but generally it is a headache to watch.

Spoiler alert, people who want to watch should not read beyond here.

Finally, it is more concerned with issues faced by Afghanistan and heroics of a man to benefit Afghanistan. Sorry if i am being too blunt but who the feck cares about Afghanistan, this is a Pakistani movie and the main plot should have been about Pakistan as target audience is also Pakistani. I don't know why the script writer chose this topic.

Anyway, i give it a 2 out of 10.

Watched 021 with family at Cinestar Lahore which is a cinema for the better class. Honestly speaking, after the movie we were thinking that we would never get these 2 hours of our life back. It is an extremely slow movie made in bad lighting having unclear dialogues and vague story line. It is neither a patriotic movie like Waar nor an action flick, it has no entertainment value. No doubt about the acting and the filming but generally it is a headache to watch.

Spoiler alert, people who want to watch should not read beyond here.

Finally, it is more concerned with issues faced by Afghanistan and heroics of a man to benefit Afghanistan. Sorry if i am being too blunt but who the feck cares about Afghanistan, this is a Pakistani movie and the main plot should have been about Pakistan as target audience is also Pakistani. I don't know why the script writer chose this topic.

Anyway, i give it a 2 out of 10.

I am getting the feeling that this film was trying to be too artsy and hollywoodish. The producers I suppose now will get the message that this is not what people of Pakistan want. The average Pakistani tastes in film are not too advanced yet, we are content with simple things.

Just provide good entertainment and you will have the audiences attention. That is why an maloom afraad is getting really good reviews.

I am getting the feeling that this film was trying to be too artsy and hollywoodish. The producers I suppose now will get the message that this is not what people of Pakistan want. The average Pakistani tastes in film are not too advanced yet, we are content with simple things.

Just provide good entertainment and you will have the audiences attention. That is why an maloom afraad is getting really good reviews.

I feel sorry for them to miss the anticipated movie Interstellar.

I feel sorry for them to miss the anticipated movie Interstellar.

Why I get the feeling Interstellar wouldn't bring something unique this time? Like inception and the prestige was. Interstellar concept is mediocre and have been tried and tested by other producers like the Prometheus

stop fighting and accept that movie's not so good. the same people went tosee waar. they expected it to be waar like film but its not. may be shaan should should make a sequel fir ek waar. ab mathira neha hrithik tharak nationalism hollywood bollywood karney ka kia faida hai mere bhailog.

karachi walon ko film pasand nahi aayee to screen pe boytle feq rahein hein. kpk walein to DHARNE pe baith jaenge zeba key gjar ke saamney.

This counts as pakistani talent

kamaalbf.jpg

And this counts as Indian talent. :rofl:

I went to CineStar here in Lahore to watch Na Maloom Afraad. It is a good movie but with a little bollywood touch. Still better than a normal bollywood movie.

I will watch Operation 021 tomorrow and will post my comments on this movie here.
little bollywood touch? elaborate plz

little bollywood touch? elaborate plz
Yar wohi Item song aur chand aik cheezo par bht hi zyada focus kar dena aur teesra k kisi trah film k end me happy ending jo k lazmi ha south asian filmo mein

warning .... thark level overload hahahahha
People's lust to see female body is working well for Indian movies.

I just saw the trailer, movie seems 50-60% in English and Urdu in firangi accent as if the movie is not made for general Pakistanis but firangis and burger bachas. :omghaha::omghaha:

Attachments

• b94deaaebde4e34f4003fbba9dec3d18._.jpg
    b94deaaebde4e34f4003fbba9dec3d18._.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I think 021 is really a third grade movie. that is why it failed so miserably.
Also because much of it was in English! And few understand or follow the Americanized accent.

Why I get the feeling Interstellar wouldn't bring something unique this time? Like inception and the prestige was. Interstellar concept is mediocre and have been tried and tested by other producers like the Prometheus

It's Nolan - name me a movie he failed at. Also, the trailers don't give much of the concept away either. Prometheus and Interstellar play at very different spectrums. You can't really say they're both testing the same concept because they both go out into space.

Because operation 021 ha no mujras and no semi nude item number. Same thing didn't happen in cinemas like Atrium or Nuplex where awam don't go to cinema for Mujra but for a good movie.

Anyone from Karachi knows what kind of people go to Bambino or Capri cinema.

I think the real reason for this was the language of the movie......it is totally in English. People who frequent these 2 cinemas, with families, belong to the lower class and do not understand English. Otherwise, I am sure that it is a great movie, I am still awed by the previous movie 'WAAR' which was outstanding.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Most of the movies that come out of Bollywood are poor but this one takes the cake. It must be even worse than Waar and I could not watch more than 10 minutes of that one. I have my sympathy with the awam. :lol:

It is not a surprise that the movie was so well received throughout the world, I can understand where you are coming from though, I mean the sort of business and interest this movie generated worldwide, especially coming from a very very weak movie industry, must either be really hard on you or that you have serious comprehensive issues!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom