What's new

Opening Ceremony Bangladesh Premier League--Some Questions From a Pakistani

glitteringstar

Reaction score
Yesterday i was watching one of Pakistan's sport channel and they were showing opening ceremony of Bangladesh Premier League...For a second i was shocked to know that is Bangladesh Premier League...It looks more like a Bollywood Film Award show...In addition what shocks me really badly that most of them were doing open display of their bodies with less clothes in a predominant muslim country which has one of the largest muslim populations on this earth. Has Bangladesh forgotten its roots, its culture, the ethics, i mean what the show was all about rather than to show to the world the Indian dominance over Bangladesh....It was not showing Bangladesh's culture but rather it was painting Indian culture....Plus Bangladeshi people which have sacrified their lives for Bengali language are openly presentated with more Hindi/Urdu songs....Now as i a Pakistani from the very first i have read and learned that Bengladeshi people love and speak their own language...is this was a day you fought for Bengali language and Bangladesh???

Has Bangladesh forgotten its roots, its culture, the ethics

Thats quite a valid question, watching the show yesterday
it seemed there was absolutely nothing which portrayed our
culture . The problem is with the management stuffs (which includes quite
a number of Indian personals), hope these authorities gets more matured
after hosting one or two events.

Still the event was quite not the show, chaps were looking for.

Yesterday i was watching one of Pakistan's sport channel and they were showing opening ceremony of Bangladesh Premier League...For a second i was shocked to know that is Bangladesh Premier League...It looks more like a Bollywood Film Award show...In addition what shocks me really badly that most of them were doing open display of their bodies with less clothes in a predominant muslim country which has one of the largest muslim populations on this earth. Has Bangladesh forgotten its roots, its culture, the ethics, i mean what the show was all about rather than to show to the world the Indian dominance over Bangladesh....It was not showing Bangladesh's culture but rather it was painting Indian culture....Plus Bangladeshi people which have sacrified their lives for Bengali language are openly presentated with more Hindi/Urdu songs....Now as i a Pakistani from the very first i have read and learned that Bengladeshi people love and speak their own language...is this was a day you fought for Bengali language and Bangladesh???

I think its their country and they appear to be happy with what they saw.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/latest_news.php?nid=35710

BPL begins with colourful ceremony

Just saw a BD & a Pak paper, no one seems to have a problem.

Why should we impose our ' cultural views' on another ?

1328788810_BPL_Logo_Open1.jpg

:pop:

This program has nothing but a Indian cultural show then a opening of any cricket event :hitwall: :angry:

Instead of giving sermons to BD why don't you do something to prevent the 'degradation' of Pakistani culture.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom