What's new

Open Mike: Is cheering for Pakistan in an Indo-Pak cricket match an act of sedition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help it, their hypocrisy sometimes really rile me up.
See your own hypocrisy first before pointing fingers...Everything you said is on assumptions while I based it on the video...which the thread is about!

Are you thinking calmly...we saw even in that video where the Indians went hostile and the Kashmiris stood their ground....

The police did nothing...

The Indians in the video went as far as sharam kero for "giving them a voice"?? How is that even sane?

As for in the other thread I was comparing reaction of posters not of the issue!

Apples and oranges. You are comparing university students and people on streets who were there for precisely that purpose - to attract attention.

The students were already in big trouble, what more they were supposed to do in front of the camera? What was police supposed to do? They can't stop someone unless there is a certain threat. People shouting in presence of media is common scene in India or probably entire sub continent.

I am sure whatever the Kashmiri - or any other student in the university - did, they didn't expect the things to go this wild. My personal experience in India, I have seen expulsions on small matters. Young minds, hot blood, things happen. I do oppose sedition, but I find it hard to believe that it was one sided, at that age it generally isn't. Though to be honest, everyone mishandled - the students, the university, police, and the govt.

See your own hypocrisy first before pointing fingers...Everything you said is on assumptions while I based it on the video...which the thread is about!

Assumptions? What you said was based on the narrative of defenders. What I said was based on the official narrative. Hypocrisy is that you are quick to jump to defend Muslims, and overlook all their wrong doing.

Yup even fighting baba g who wouldnt let the Kashmiri students get their voice! Calling it shameless to give them a voice!!

Precisely my point! Everyone gets a voice.

Apples and oranges. You are comparing university students and people on streets who were there for precisely that purpose - to attract attention.
Well that is the everyday Indian man...Like how you quickly deduce any nutcase on tv to be a typical Pakistani! Your countryman's formula!
The students were already in big trouble, what more they were supposed to do in front of the camera? What was police supposed to do? They can't stop someone unless there is a certain threat. People shouting in presence of media is common scene in India or probably entire sub continent.
See this very attitude here in this quote is what is disgusting...you people try to justify your doings by hook or crook...cant you for once say yes we were damn wrong to act like idiots! Had the Kashmiri students ruffled up those babay then it would hit headlines again...

I am sure whatever the Kashmiri - or any other student in the university - did, they didn't expect the things to go this wild. My personal experience in India, I have seen expulsions on small matters. Young minds, hot blood, things happen. I do oppose sedition, but I find it hard to believe that it was one sided, at that age it generally isn't. Though to be honest, everyone mishandled - the students, the university, police, and the govt.
Ok hypocrisy there...do you think in a heated match where Kashmiris are cheering for Pakistan ...and Pakistan wins someone's bubble isnt going to burst?

Assumptions? What you said was based on the narrative of defenders. What I said was based on the official narrative. Hypocrisy is that you are quick to jump to defend Muslims, and overlook all their wrong doing.
"official narrative" like how the Kashmiris were soo quickly expelled?

Overlooking their wrong doings? cheering is not a wrong doing in any country! Provoking and even the anchor in this video brought it up that the Indians went hostile...

The Kashmiri said even in the beginning of the match the Indians had given early warning ...how is that not considered hypocrisy of democracy?

And then the Kashmiri student also said that they provoke with words like Mullah, Terrorist...man how is that even supported and overlooked? You are overlooking the facts!

Precisely my point! Everyone gets a voice.
Good! But baba g shouldnt have eaten up the show...it wasnt his limelight to snatch!

@Kloitra @hinduguy @karan.1970 @jaunty

watch this video, look what the Victim said about things happened to the people just because of a Cricket Match :coffee:

* video was uploaded on april 9th 2013 so could not be a possible plot against this case.

* Is from the mainstream media

* Guy is the direct victim.

P.S now i want to see what explanation does these people have for this :coffee:

Well that is the everyday Indian man...Like how you quickly deduce any nutcase on tv to be a typical Pakistani! Your countryman's formula!

I never say that all the ones on TV is everyday Pakistani, and you yourself are well aware of the motives of such people.

See this very attitude here in this quote is what is disgusting...you people try to justify your doings by hook or crook...cant you for once say yes we were damn wrong to act like idiots! Had the Kashmiri students ruffled up those babay then it would hit headlines again...
Justify? What? People are allowed to protest like that, unless it is against the nation. It happens in India, almost everyday. What was police supposed to arrest them for? For shouting? Asking for a punishment for accused? You tell me.
I did admit that certain actions of the uni/police/govt were wrong. What were you reading? And yeah, had the students ruffled those protesters, it would have been wrong. Use a little common sense, when you are already accused of creating a tense environment, you don't make the situation worse for yourself in front of media. It's not that such protest against the students are unique, it happens for every other case. Just see some news and you would find protesters everywhere.

Ok hypocrisy there...do you think in a heated match where Kashmiris are cheering for Pakistan ...and Pakistan wins someone's bubble isnt going to burst?

Cheering for one team is different than teasing the supporters of the others. I usually give the authority a benefit of doubt. Unless anything convincing is presented, I will believe the authorities.

"official narrative" like how the Kashmiris were soo quickly expelled?

Overlooking their wrong doings? cheering is not a wrong doing in any country! Provoking and even the anchor in this video brought it up that the Indians went hostile...

Meerut's deputy inspector general of police, K.Satyanarayana, said police had charged 67 of them with disturbing communal harmony and damage to public property.
Should I believe the govt or the accused?

The Kashmiri said even in the beginning of the match the Indians had given early warning ...how is that not considered hypocrisy of democracy?

And then the Kashmiri student also said that they provoke with words like Mullah, Terrorist...man how is that even supported and overlooked? You are overlooking the facts!

Exactly my point. Kashmiri said this and Kashmiri said that. Why should I treat them any different than any other accused, in any other case, in any other region, of any other religion? If I differentiate, you complain. Now I am treating them the same, you should not have any complains, right?

@Kloitra @hinduguy @karan.1970 @jaunty

watch this video, look what the Victim said about things happened to the people just because of a Cricket Match :coffee:

* video was uploaded on april 9th 2013 so could not be a possible plot against this case.

* Is from the mainstream media

* Guy is the direct victim.

P.S now i want to see what explanation does these people have for this :coffee:

images

These students have shown their true colour. Hopefully, Kashmiri culture is not what they were thought (cr@pping on the plates you eat from). If they were so against India, they should not accept billions of subsidy, including the scholarships (alas, that basically leaves them to starve to death).
Nope you just ruin their future for not siding with your chosen team of interest :rofl:
Correction, we don't care whether they support India or not, our only concern is their support to pak.

These students have shown their true colour. Hopefully, Kashmiri culture is not what they were thought (cr@pping on the plates you eat from). If they were so against India, they should not accept billions of subsidy, including the scholarships (alas, that basically leaves them to starve to death).

Correction, we don't care whether they support India or not, our only concern is their support to pak.

Nobody likes Yendians.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom