What's new

Open Debate | Do Bangladeshis regard India as a 'savior' ?

Do Bangladeshis today regard India as a 'savior' in the backdrop of 1971 war ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.culturalsurvival.org/pub...atural-disasters-pogroms-have-killed-thousand

Go through this article. It is mentioned 10 Million.

I believe the 10 million number because Bangladesh is very densely populated area having close to 10 to 15% hindu population. When Genocide started where will they go??

In addition to Hindus Muslim Bengalis also fled to India. This Genocide by West pakistan started in the month of March and continued till December 1971. So The number will be definitely in Millions.

Hey, from where I belong is the exact place where almost 99% war victims fled that time... I will say they weren't 10 millions, though definitely they were very large in numbers (3-4 millions may be).... after 42 years (almost 2 generations) of the war, they can still be recognized by the language they speak....

Their help only acted as a catalyst for the war.

The separation of East Pakistan was inevitable since the Pakistanis were pretty much cut off from their supplies. And when supplies run dry, they wouldn't have been able to fight.

After killing more people

LOL! The title says Open Debate and then the OP accuses Indians of voting and embarrassing themselves. Cookies your way :lol:

Its all history now but some Bangladeshis still show that subservient nature towards their lords in the west.

Forget about my analytical abilities, be happy that you don't have to worry about that. There is someone utterly clueless about how military strength works & it's not me. Whether or not there is a chance that BD will become a wealthier nation (I'm assuming you mean per capita), it doesn't change much on military balance. Singapore is wealthier than China, does not mean it can be a military match. Your own figures show it if you have the capacity to comprehend it.

Yet again you show your mathematical inabilities.

China has population 1,300 million and Singapore has 4 million. Singapore has 1.3% of China's population

India has population 1200 million and BD has 150 million. BD has 13% of India's population

BD is large enough in comparison to India that it can obtain a "credible" deterrent if it had the money and the will.

BD would probably need a GDP/capita between 1.5-2x that of India and also spend around the same amount
on defence as a percentage of GDP and it should be able to get a very credible deterrent against India.

The figures you quote suggest that GoB had an increase in its budgetary allocation (from 2003 to 2013) of16.3 billion dollars.. During the same period, you say that India has a budgetary difference of 272 billion dollars. Military strength will be decided by the sheer volume of weaponry available & there is no way with that kind of a difference in funds, that BD will ever pose a serious threat.

You do not understand fractions at all do you?

Otherwise China would never ever surpass the US in GDP. It is only a few years away now in GDP PPP btw.

US was making the same argument 10 years ago by saying that the total increase in US GDP every year was
more than the Chinese total increase in GDP. Now China adds over 700 billion dollars a year to it's GDP and the
US adds 300 billion dollars.

As for your thesis on multi-ethnic states being inherently less capable, keep telling yourself that. Whatever floats your boat. Move on.

China has way surpassed India from being equivalent 30 years ago.

No need to carry on talking to someone who displays ineptitude in mathematics and cannot at least
admit that multi-ethnic India will be handicapped by it's huge number of ethnicities.

And you think a cartoon adds to your credibility???? :crazy:
But you seem to have very high credibility !! ! http://www.ebangladesh.com/2013/02/13/unmasking-jamaats-chief-international-propagandist/

MBImunshi_jamat-e-islami-email.png

Yes character assassination by RAW. They occasionally do stuff like this with doctored and fabricated emails. The original emails were sent to a list of 450 addresses one of whom was connected to JeI which I did not know. The RAW then Photoshopped the email to make it look more sinister than it was. I replied to these allegations a dozen times.

Yes character assassination by RAW. They occasionally do stuff like this with doctored and fabricated emails I send to various people most of whom I do not even know. RAW claims I sent this email directly to JeI but it is one address amongst 450 and I did not even know the JeI was on that list.
why dont you post original email you sent??

No need to carry on talking to someone who displays ineptitude in mathematics and cannot at least
admit that multi-ethnic India will be handicapped by it's huge number of ethnicities.

Look. Just answer one thing. Why does single ethnic Bangladesh GDP/capita PPP does not even surpass that of multi-ethnic, war strifen Pakistan's? In 2018. After nearly 50 years of independence.

Look. Just answer one thing. Why does single ethnic Bangladesh GDP/capita PPP does not even surpass that of multi-ethnic, war strifen Pakistan's?

1971 independence for BD and 1947 independence for Pakistan.

Also, as Indians like to point out, Pakistan gained by huge fiscal transfers from BD during the 1947-1971 era. Pakistan had built up a huge lead over BD in that period and so it will take till around 2020 before BD would be able to overtake Pakistan in GDP/capita.

Current BD GDP/capita growth is much faster than either Pakistan or India

Does that explain it to you now?

Last edited:
1971 independence for BD and 1947 independence for Pakistan.

Also, as Indians like to point out, Pakistan gained by huge fiscal transfers from BD during the 1947-1971 era. Pakistan had built up a huge lead over BD in that period and so it will take till around 2020 before BD would be able to overtake Pakistan in GDP/capita.

Current BD GDP/capita growth is much faster than either Pakistan or India

Does that explain it to you now?

Bleh.

Pakistan is in sort of civil war. For quite some time. IMF report forecasts BD will not overtake Pakistan in 2018. Forecast data is not available for a later date. Single ethnic BD. Multi ethnic Pakistan. First overtake Pakistan and talk about India. As per your theory, BD should have already overtaken Pakistan. Your theory is basically has gone for a toss.

Bleh.

Pakistan is in sort of civil war. For quite some time. IMF report forecasts BD will not overtake Pakistan in 2018. Forecast data is not available for a later date. Single ethnic BD. Multi ethnic Pakistan. First overtake Pakistan and talk about India. As per your theory, BD should have already overtaken Pakistan. Your theory is basically has gone for a toss.

Pakistan is in a much better position than India by the way. At least Pakistan has an ethnic group, Punjabis, that is around 50% of the total population. Not completely dominant but able to assert a certain amount of leadership.

India's most "dominant" ethnic group may only account less than 10% of it's total population so I will let you work out
why it is so difficult to govern.

Yet again you show your mathematical inabilities.

China has population 1,300 million and Singapore has 4 million. Singapore has 1.3% of China's population

India has population 1200 million and BD has 150 million. BD has 13% of India's population

BD is large enough in comparison to India that it can obtain a "credible" deterrent if it had the money and the will.

BD would probably need a GDP/capita between 1.5-2x that of India and also spend around the same amount
on defence as a percentage of GDP and it should be able to get a very credible deterrent against India.

Imbecility might be catching. Best to move on. Bother us when you develop your "credible" deterrent.

You do not understand fractions at all do you?

Otherwise China would never ever surpass the US in GDP. It is only a few years away now in GDP PPP btw.

US was making the same argument 10 years ago by saying that the total increase in US GDP every year was
more than the Chinese total increase in GDP. Now China adds over 700 billion dollars a year to it's GDP and the
US adds 300 billion dollars.

CHina has a larger population than the U.S., BD has a smaller population than India. Forget fractions, you need some basic sense and quickly.

Didn't invite you for a discussion. Move on. Take your special moronic branch of mathematics to someone who might be more understanding of rubbish peddling.

India entered into a military strike with Pakistan only coz they've launched air strike against our air bases,in other words Pakistan striked us first,and we striked back and all the hell broke loose.

Had a war not taken place,India would've asked for more international support for Bangladesh liberation and supported Mukti-Bahini,or in other words made Pakistan strike us.

When India helped Bangladesh,we were just helping ourselves!

Bangladesh is not and must not see a saviour in India.India and Bangladesh is just two nations,there are no saviours,no friends,no brothers in world arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom