What's new

Open Debate | Do Bangladeshis regard India as a 'savior' ?

Do Bangladeshis today regard India as a 'savior' in the backdrop of 1971 war ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
God Bless Bangladesh & I really mean that but barring idle curiosity how does it matter to Pakistan whether Bangladeshis consider India as their savior or not ?

Just curious about, if India's plot to score two hits with one shot has worked or not.

This poll already shows how fake and snaky these Indians are. They try to prove themselves as loving people towards Bangladeshi people but in real life most of them generally don't care about Bangladesh and I mean that in a good way. The ones on this forum act like our brothers and sisters barging their nose in to every forum.

Regarding this topic, only the Bangladeshis hypnotised by Bollywood would think India was our saviour but from what I've gathered in Bangladesh when I was there recently they don't talk about India in a good light, they would refer to them as "Hindur zaath" (the Hindu kind). Surprising, I'm not trying to create some fake story but quite a few of my cousins back home have commented on Pakistan being a strong nation, strong infrastructure etc.

@Loki

The history of proxy warfare between India and Pakistan goes back to the Kashmir invasion and it will remain that way. We are a small state, if we don't keep them in check, it would mean giving in to their hegemonic control that they so crave to have.

While Sri Lanka and Pakistan has stood against the Indian desire for control of S.Asia, it has become vital for Bangladesh as a major nation in S.Asia to do the same. If they decide to do that Pakistanis even today are more likely to stand with you than with an Indian.

Our nuclear deterrent has reduced India's chances of becoming the hegemonic Hindutva empire it desires to become. Pakistan and China are like a 'geographic lock' around India's neck, because it can expand no longer without coming into conflict with either of these states, it cannot fight them either, so it feels frustrated as its elite beats a horse that cant run no longer without getting speared into.

Its your opportunity to turn Bangladesh into a free nation by sweeping it off Indian influence. Traitors who are more patriotic to India than your nation need to be weeded out and mercilessly butchered so you can have a new beginning, for your own sake not ours or anyone else's.

As far as Pakistanis are concerned, we believe that Bangladesh being an Islamic nation is still closer to us than India and it always will be. If we work out our differences - there are three Muslim states that encircle India, we can trap the elephant into a hole, it can't get out of !

The biggest challenge we have is keeping in check those among us that promote Fitna among Muslims and cultivate friendship with the enemy. We see examples in this website, the so called "seculars" with little experience of the big bad world and how friendless we Muslims are, in the face of this cruel world. Unless we are united, I believe we stand no chance against our enemies.

Just curious about, if India's plot to score two hits with one shot has worked or not.

They dismembered half our country - What other criterion do you propose to measure that by ?

At any rate, right now, whether Bangladesh becomes 'Great' or becomes a Vassal State of India - Who gives a foOK ?

I think india proabably had it's own reasons to help Bangladesh.

I am pretty sure that teaching Pakistan a lesson would be part of it too.

Bangladesh was destined to be born away, look at the line of communications anyway, the Pakistanis should have relinquished Bangladeshis their freedom.

They dismembered half our country - What other criterion do you propose to measure that by ?

At any rate, right now, whether Bangladesh becomes 'Great' or becomes a Vassal State of India - Who gives a foOK ?

Indian plot or not, the concept of two nations bvided by a massive gulf in distance was not bound to work. India by their intervention, accelerated the process.

I am sure India had it's ulterior motives as well

Let's draw a line here...
PDF B'deshis hate India and love Pakistan. Period. @Zakii - please consider closing this thread - this has come down to useless mud slinging.

I did not vote because the question is addressed to Bangladeshis and they alone must be allowed to vote on this.

If you read history - many Banglas in 1971 thought of India as its ally who helped in their liberation. In fact, the Treaty of Surrender mentions "Allied Forces". So the Banglas did think of India as the country which helped them. The only people who saw the Indian Army as "saviours" were the personnel of the Pakistan Army. The Banglas were justified in baying for the blood of the Pakistanis. They were not even a recognized country, let alone a signatory of the Geneva Convention - they could have lynched all 91,000 Pakistani troops had India not saved them. So the question that needs to be asked is - "Why doesn't the Pakistani Army think of the Indian Army as its saviour?"

Savior? Read the OP, even he knows that india jumped at the chance to dismember Pakistan, it was never for the love they had for Bangladeshi's. The dislike young people have for india has nothing to do with religion, quit fooling yourself. Young Bangladeshi's see india for the regional bully it is, for its actions now, and know what indias real motives in 1971were.

Just because India helped us 40 years ago as it suited their goals don't mean we should be grateful to them forever.

One should be grateful if someone do something for them, no matter if their self interest are there or not.

Russia sent its nuke subs in support of india, there interest was to have India as an ally and customer. Shall we become ungrateful?

If India is doing some wrong today, you have the right to discredit India for todays doing, how can you discredit India for what she did in 1971?

The reason why old generation of BD still is grateful because they know what sort of help they got from India. The question is whether India was savior in 1971 or not, not that it is savior in 2013.

Either you argue that BD should not have been created, if not than India was the savior and a great help in creation of BD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom