What's new

"only" Hindu Temple in Russia faces demolition

Thats a serious allegation..you have any proof..??

He is a product of Communist West Bengal.....possibly a commie himself. He dont need proof to denigrate Hindus ......that is only for Christians and Muslims. He is the 'secular' kind :tup:

I think you are grossly generalizing..something akin to calling the whole Catholic church as a cabal of child molestors and paedophiles, or the whole wahhabi sect members as suicide bombers.

Not similar with historical design, but does reflect traditional Hinduism architecture. You can say evolution of architecture over time.

This is the Iskcon temple of our locality.

ISKCON_Siliguri.jpg

My question is, can a third world country afford to spend this much just for a temple, where we lack basic amenities of health, education. Though i'm an atheist, but i'm a member of Vedanta Ashram because all the donation we give is being spent on education, free health checkups for the poor, and orphanage. If some one ask me about donation to build a temple or mosque or church, i'll simply show them the exit door.

quiet different. looks like Mughal era parks

He is a product of Communist West Bengal.....possibly a commie himself. He dont need proof to denigrate Hindus ......that is only for Christians and Muslims. He is the 'secular' kind :tup:

Well I've seen this guy post and I've not felt he was a de-racinated commie. So I will wait for SnB to explain.

Not similar with historical design, but does reflect traditional Hinduism architecture. You can say evolution of architecture over time.

This is the Iskcon temple of our locality.

ISKCON_Siliguri.jpg

My question is, can a third world country afford to spend this much just for a temple, where we lack basic amenities of health, education. Though i'm an atheist, but i'm a member of Vedanta Ashram because all the donation we give is being spent on education, free health checkups for the poor, and orphanage. If some one ask me about donation to build a temple or mosque or church, i'll simply show them the exit door.
Every one have there own perception ... ISKON & Swami Narayan Temple is known to attract people by its Temple architecture... u should also remember that some experiance Spirituality by Karma of selfless work, others by seva, others by spiritual presence while some others by Yoga ... ISKON has its own way ... u cant reject it as its not ur way which they follow...

They show photos of hungry children abroad to collect money and use half for construction of there palace like temples and remaining for joint venture with government to provide food to school children, inturn form government milk crores together money just check the below link from Iskcon, Bangalore.

ISKCON Mumbai leaders involved in Money Laundering | ISKCON Times: Journal of the Hare Krishna Movement

I am not telling lies i have seen these persist fighting in Bangalore roads like rowdies

ISKON runs akshayapatra scheme providing food for the underpriviledged.

I think you are grossly generalizing..something akin to calling the whole Catholic church as a cabal of child molestors and paedophiles, or the whole wahhabi sect members as suicide bombers.

Maybe i generalized all, but wide spread corruption and social ills are very much prevalent. May not be all, but if even few is suffering from such, the whole ideology will be flawed.

Maybe i generalized all, but wide spread corruption and social ills are very much prevalent. May not be all, but if even few is suffering from such, the whole ideology will be flawed.

But isnt the solution in uprooting the few bad apples and not throw all the apples into the gutter ?

In such a huge org like ISKON there is bound to be some bad apples misusing its good name. Rather than tarnish the whole org for the sake of the few, care must be taken to remove the bad cells so that whole org does not get spoiled.

I still feel that you are unjustly generalizing the whole org for the bad actions of a few.

Rape , Extortion , Communalism , Riots , Corruption , Regionalism happens India does it mean that Ideology of India is Flawed as a Nation...

ISKON runs akshayapatra scheme providing food for the underpriviledged.

Ya by milking crores money and spending half of it

Now that link is now boosting my confidence more to defend ISKON... since the News is from the website of ISKON itself which is going against its own Swami for his wrong doings... which other religious institution does this name me one...

One can find confidence in fighting of two iskcon factions

Ya by milking crores money and spending half of it

One mouth fed is one stomach that goes hunger-less.

They are not mandated to do that, its the job of the govt to feed the people..but these guys are volunteering on their own..if you dont like dont donate money.

:disagree: personal attacks when you cant take criticism.

bad thing

In Russia, orthodox church have grownso much powerfull, that it even holds some political cards in govt.
India-Russia have much more stake than a temple. I am sure it will not have any effect in India.
Anyway an alternate site is being provided.
India will not give permission for an orthodox church. Simple as that.

Let them build the orthodox church. We should not be narrow minded like them.

As a law student, i would say demolish it if it's built illegally. however, i would expect the Russian govt. to allow some alternate area for building another new temple there.

Back
Top Bottom