What's new

Only 25 pc in India claim Hindi is their mother tongue

read the said artice
Tamils are last one too feel insecure.. we have culture that goes 3000 years .. tamil is offcial in more countries than hindi..

As a patriotic person india deserves >2000 year old language and not few 100 yr old hindi as official language..

Choosing hindi and english is worst decision just for sake of majority

Make Hindi Only you will see the result outside tamilnadu

It wont be good

If you can reply to whole post then do that.otherwise please STFU.
And it is not good for Tamils also.

read the said artice
both please

in the first article is MHA clrifying an earlier statement, which said hindi should receive precedence.. which is unacceptable to any self respecting non hindi speaker..

In second article is about non tamils living in tn, opposing compulsury tamil in tamil nadu financed govt schools .. can u spot what is wrong?

Who is saying Hindi is national language or official language of India ? Isn't Tamil also official language ? Then what is the problem ? Where is the question of imposition ?

No directive that Hindi must be the dominating language: MHA - IBNLive

Tamils keep arguing that they are forced to learn Hindi but when asked for proof they never show anything concrete and the argument keeps going around in circles. And I wonder why it is mostly Tamils only who claim that Hindi is being imposed upon them and not other language groups ? What's so special about Tamils ?

Which one ? I have posted two in that post :rolleyes:

language is an extension of culture. there is no one culture called indian culture. hence any miscommunication on the part centre regarding 'one language' will sure to ignite passions. yesterday it was tamils, today it is omar and odisa.

If you can reply to whole post then do that.otherwise please STFU.
And it is not good for Tamils also.
why Dude are you a congresse. see dude we make sure our voices are heard unlike you

we good at it

even if it becomes popular .. what is your problem?
Who the hell told you to learn Hindi ? Do you guys have comprehension issues down there in Tamil Nadu ? Thank god the Tamils I know in Delhi are far more intelligent than the members here.

And btw, what do you mean quality over quantity ? You are saying Tamil is better than Hindi ? How ? What kind of language racism is this ?

And please don't call anybody's language useless, you will hurt sentiments. People can say stuff which you may not like then. The Tamil members on this forum are a real shame to their state.[/quote]

Why because you say so..please don't generalize....I too have a lot of friends from Delhi...and unlike you I tell them on their face that Hindi should not be imposed, but let it be as is..time will change all that..

Who is saying Hindi is national language or official language of India ? Isn't Tamil also official language ? Then what is the problem ? Where is the question of imposition ?

No directive that Hindi must be the dominating language: MHA - IBNLive

Tamils keep arguing that they are forced to learn Hindi but when asked for proof they never show anything concrete and the argument keeps going around in circles. And I wonder why it is mostly Tamils only who claim that Hindi is being imposed upon them and not other language groups ? What's so special about Tamils ?

Which one ? I have posted two in that post :rolleyes:
both please

in the first article is MHA clrifying an earlier statement, which said hindi should receive precedence.. which is unacceptable to any self respecting non hindi speaker..

In second article is about non tamils living in tn, opposing compulsury tamil in tamil nadu financed govt schools .. can u spot what is wrong?

Tamils are last one too feel insecure.. we have culture that goes 3000 years .. tamil is offcial in more countries than hindi..

As a patriotic person india deserves >2000 year old language and not few 100 yr old hindi as official language..

Choosing hindi and english is worst decision just for sake of majority

if all thing old is gold .. why use internet .. they are based on languages only a few decades old !!

u want to say something !

if all thing old is gold .. why use internet .. they are based on languages only a few decades old !!

u want to say something !

they are based on english so we learnt it..

Hindi however, well u know hindi

I have seen far too much anti North Indian vitriol from Tamil members here. There may be some decent members too , so sorry for the generalization.

As for Delhiites, most of them don't give damn what language Tamils speak as long as they don't insult our language and continue being contributing members of society. I am sure it's not verydifferent elsewhere in the North.

I have seen far too much anti North Indian vitriol from Tamil members here. There may be some decent members too , so sorry for the generalization.

As for Delhiites, most of them don't give damn what language Tamils speak as long as they don't insult our language and continue being contributing members of society. I am sure it's not verydifferent elsewhere in the North.

Yes thats what I am saying tooooo . As for Tamilians, most of them don't give damn what language anyone speaks as long as they don't insult(Like making Hindi compulsory in TN)our language and continue being contributing members of society. I am sure it's not verydifferent elsewhere in the Tamil Nadu as well.

language is an extension of culture. there is no one culture called indian culture. hence any miscommunication on the part centre regarding 'one language' will sure to ignite passions. yesterday it was tamils, today it is omar and odisa.

There is nothing from the Central government order stating that Hindi will be national language or the only official language. If passions are ignited it is only because of deliberate misunderstandings and misinterpretation of things as well as insecurities and inferiority complex of people like Sriram.

Once again no Tamil has been able to provide concrete (or any) proof of imposition of Hindi on them. Same old argument going around in circles.

Yes thats what I am saying tooooo . As for Tamilians, most of them don't give damn what language anyone speaks as long as they don't insult(Like making Hindi compulsory in TN)our language and continue being contributing members of society. I am sure it's not verydifferent elsewhere in the Tamil Nadu as well.

My observation of most Tamils on this forum is painting a very different picture. Anyway, when did anyone talk of making Hindi compulsory in TN ? And did they finally do it ?

hi to every one i want to say something,

My mother tongue is telugu but dont know how long back we migrated to tamilnadu, and i love tamil so much, i dont know how to read and write in telugu,
The beauty of our indian culture is for every 250 to 300 kilometer in india people look different, dress different,eat different,speak different but THE CULTURE WHICH IS FAR MORE THAN 10000 YEARS OLD binding us together.
So first we must make sure our cultural identity shout not vanish, so much happened to destroy our culture.We should not force anything to anyone.

But the same time there must be a opportunity to learn any other language like hindi. because i learned hinidi when i was in school, it helped much when i worked in northern states also states where hindi is not their mother tongue.

so my point is we should keep our culutural thing far higher than anything.dress our colorful indian dresses, we should have mustache, so many things like this....

Attachments

• INDIA.jpg
    INDIA.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 25
There is nothing from the Central government order stating that Hindi will be national language or the only official language. If passions are ignited it is only because of deliberate misunderstandings and misinterpretation of things as well as insecurities and inferiority complex of people like Sriram.

Once again no Tamil has been able to provide concrete (or any) proof of imposition of Hindi on them. Same old argument going around in circles.

My observation of most Tamils on this forum is painting a very different picture. Anyway, when did anyone talk of making Hindi compulsory in TN ? And did they finally do it ?

If that is not the case what are we discussing about...let me understand from you what your understanding of this topic is about.

If that is not the case what are we discussing about...let me understand from you what your understanding of this topic is about.

Tamils like yourself and and others claiming that Hindi is being imposed upon them and they are being forced to learn it. Tamils have been starting such threads often now but whenever someone asks them how it is being imposed there is nothing to show.

Also, this threads is about members like Sriram claiming that Tamil is better than Hindi in some way.

I am just trying to understand the roots of this insecurity of our Tamil bros but language racists like Sriram just turn the discussion to an ugly direction.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom