What's new

Ongoing Systematic Massacre of Muslim Rohingas in Myanmar

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
SITTWE, Myanmar: At least 112 people have been killed and thousands of homes torched in Buddhist-Muslim violence in western Myanmar, casting a shadow over the reformist government’s attempts to remake the country’s international image.

People have fled their homes in droves following the latest clashes in Rakhine state, which was rocked by communal violence in June that split communities and left tens of thousands of mainly Muslim Rohingya living in camps.

“Up until this morning, 51 men and 61 women have died,” a spokesman for Rakhine state Win Myaing said, doubling an earlier toll.

The dead were from both sides, he added, while scores more were wounded as violence engulfed four townships.

Over 100 dead as violence rocks Myanmar - thenews.com.pk

Last edited by a moderator:
E6G6Z.jpg

A human rights group has released satellite images of what appears to be the destruction of a coastal Burmese district riven by ethnic unrest.

Human Rights Watch says the images show that more than 800 buildings and houseboats were burned to the ground in Kyaukpyu, in western Rakhine state.

It says the victims were mostly Muslim Rohingyas, targeted by non-Muslims.

Officials say 64 people have died in recent unrest, but HRW says it fears the figure could be much higher.

The US-based group compared satellite images of the Kyaukpyu district taken on 9 and 25 October.

On 9 October, hundreds of closely packed houses can be clearly seen in rows along the peninsula - which sits at the mouth of an inlet - as well as scores of houseboats along the northern shoreline.

But in the image taken on Thursday, few boats remain and the 35-acre district is almost entirely empty of houses. HRW says there are "no indications of fire damage to the immediate west and east of this zone of destruction".

The group gave no indication of casualties from the unrest, but said many of the inhabitants are thought to have fled by boat out to sea.

Phil Robertson, deputy Asia director at Human Rights Watch, said the violence showed that Burma's government "urgently needs to provide security for the Rohingya" in Rakhine state, which is also known as Arakan.

QWtLP.gif

"Unless the authorities also start addressing the root causes of the violence, it is only likely to get worse," said Mr Robertson.

The UN earlier warned the country's reform programme could be put at risk by continued communal violence between local groups of vigilante Buddhists and Muslim Rohingyas in the western state.

At least 64 people were killed this week, officials said, in the first serious outburst of violence since June, when a state of emergency was declared in Rakhine.

At that time deadly clashes claimed dozens of lives and thousands of people were forced to flee their homes - many are yet to return.

HRW said it feared the death toll from the latest unrest could be much higher, based on witness reports and "the government's well-documented history of underestimating figures that might lead to criticism of the state".
Rohingya refugees

Non-Muslims are reporting that this time they too were fired on by government forces during the unrest, and suffered many casualties.

The government has declared a curfew in the affected areas, but its response since the violence first broke out in June is being widely criticised as inadequate, says the BBC's Jonathan Head in Bangkok.

On Friday six towns were hit by clashes and a night-time curfew is in place in several locations including Min Bya and Mrauk Oo where the latest spate of violence began.

It is unclear what prompted the latest clashes. The Rakhine Buddhists and Muslims, believed to be mainly Rohingya, blame each other for the violence.

In Bangladesh, border officials said they believed several boats with Rohingyas on board were waiting to try to cross the river from Burma. One official said 52 Rohingyas had been sent back in the last few days.

Muslims throughout Burma have abandoned plans to celebrate the festival of Eid al-Adha because of the violence.

There is long-standing tension between the ethnic Rakhine people, who make up the majority of the state's population, and Muslims, many of whom are Rohingya and are stateless.

The Burmese authorities regard the Rohingya as illegal immigrants and correspondents say there is widespread public hostility to them.

In August, Burma set up a commission to investigate the violence between Buddhists and Muslims in the west of the country. Authorities earlier rejected a UN-led inquiry.

So what is Pakistan's official stance about it? Do you plan to:

-Severe relations with Myanmar?

-Demand OIC countries to severe ties with the Burmese?

-Request Burmese government to allow Rohingyas to migrate and settle in Pakistan?

-Or as some of your more passionate members here suggest, declare war on Myanmar and try to do a J&K against them?

Trust me dude, neither of these actions would have any effect on them. Let's see why:

-They've stayed put through global sanctions and still survived the worst.

-They are not governed by a bunch of secularist pet pooches where your radical ideas can make them cower in servitude to accommodate your intentions.

-To fight them, you will need to travel a long way from Pakistan to Burma and establish a supply line through a hostile territory (us).

I don't understand how come Pakistanis bellow and steam about this situation in Myanmar when Malaysians and Indonesians who are both Muslim countries and their regional partners, are not butting in?

So what is Pakistan's official stance about it? Do you plan to:

so what is indian stance on it, i mean indians on one hand are being too much vocal about chinese muslims in xinjiang and tibetans violation of human rights and one in balochistan as well as minorities in pakistan which includes sikhs, christians, hindus and shias, but lets hear indian stance on human rights violation in mayanmar too:smokin:

Trust me dude, neither of these actions would have any effect on them. Let's see why:

-They've stayed put through global sanctions and still survived the worst.

-They are not governed by a bunch of secularist pet pooches where your radical ideas can make them cower in servitude to accommodate your intentions.

-To fight them, you will need to travel a long way from Pakistan to Burma and establish a supply line through a hostile territory (us).

I don't understand how come Pakistanis bellow and steam about this situation in Myanmar when Malaysians and Indonesians who are both Muslim countries and their regional partners, are not butting in?

Oh damn....I mean....wow!

^^^ give weapons to rohingyas to defend themselves and their homes from Buddhist mobs...
that should be the stance...

They are too small and disorganized for an armed rebellion. And besides, it's too late for that.

i agree with u man

And now we are waking up?

At times I wonder what we've been doing ever since the 70's.

^^^ give weapons to rohingyas to defend themselves and their homes from Buddhist mobs...
that should be the stance...

More excuse to the Buddhist mobs and Myanmarese army to clinically finish the job.

No wonder Muslims are the biggest enemies of Muslims themselves..

Because the Rohingya are our brothers...in faith. Their genocide (yes, that word) is certainly troubling to us.
It's..."a crime to humanity". I'm sure you'd agree with me if the Rohingya were not Muslim.

(Reuters) - Myanmar authorities on Friday revised down to 64 the number of people killed in six days of unrest in the west of the country, after security forces opened fire to break up violence between Buddhists and Muslims.

A spokesman for Rakhine State, where the fighting took place, had earlier put the death toll at 112, but later scaled that back, blaming "clerical errors".

continue reading: Myanmar revises down death toll in sectarian violence | Reuters

(Reuters) - Myanmar authorities on Friday revised down to 64 the number of people killed in six days of unrest in the west of the country, after security forces opened fire to break up violence between Buddhists and Muslims.

A spokesman for Rakhine State, where the fighting took place, had earlier put the death toll at 112, but later scaled that back, blaming "clerical errors".

continue reading: Myanmar revises down death toll in sectarian violence | Reuters

:cry::cry::cry:

Back
Top Bottom