What's new

One-way concessions to India

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny how the ones who are whining and crying left their own motherland and became arm chair nationalists :lol:

Your comments are of very bad taste. Many NRBs do play their own part to contribute to BD's economy. Same with NRIs in India's case.

PS: No plans of becoming an NRB here. :D

Those are WTO rules, but of course WTO is infiltrated by RAW agents.

We are free to charge as much as we want. Regardless of who's in power, we will indeed charge you a lot. Some BD members are just afraid AL would not charge transhipment costs. Not gonna happen kids.

Your comments are of very bad taste. Many NRBs do play their own part to contribute to BD's economy. Same with NRIs in India's case.

PS: No plans of becoming an NRB here. :D

After hearing the same rants over and over again, it's hard to keep oneself composed.
The comment was obviously not directed towards sane/respectful members like you. please accept my apologies.
NRBs certainly contribute to BD economy just like NRIs but since majority BD people voted for the current govt, I get the feeling that sky isn't falling in BD.
btw are NRBs allowed to vote in BD? I know NRIs cant vote in India (which sucks)

We are free to charge as much as we want. Regardless of who's in power, we will indeed charge you a lot. Some BD members are just afraid AL would not charge transhipment costs. Not gonna happen kids.

lmao, GOI, GOB and WTO disagree with you.:coffee:

Those are WTO rules, but of course WTO is infiltrated by RAW agents.

WTO rules asked not to imposed product based duty.... But nothing has stopped to impose a combination of quantity and product based duty.... Such as Poland or Romania charge around 45 dollar per metric ton or ton of transferring Russian oil through it's territory to western Europe... It is acting as a transit country....but for India it is more like corridor then a transit... Transit means going to a third country but here India is going to the other part of it's own country... So it is corridor... N nothing can stop imposing duty but as I said before duty should be less then transpiration cost through the chicken neck

After hearing the same rants over and over again, its hard to keep oneself composed.
The comment was obviously not directed towards sane/respectful members like you. please accept my apologies.
NRBs certainly contribute to BD economy just like NRIs but since majority BD people voted for the current govt, I get the feeling that sky isn't falling in BD.
btw are NRBs allowed to vote in BD, I know NRIs cant vote in India (which sucks)

NP!

It's good that NRI's can vote during Indian elections :tup:. "Most" NRI/NRBs can see beyond petty local politics and worry more about issues related to defense and national interest. Last time I checked, BD is taking steps to implement NRB voting rights.

lmao, GOI, GOB and WTO disagree with you.:coffee:

GoI and GoB haven't finalized nothing yet. But feel free to mark my words. Anyways, I do want to see which section of WTO documents says it's illegal.

NP!

It's good that NRI's can vote during Indian elections :tup:. "Most" NRI/NRBs can see beyond petty local politics and worry more about issues related defense and national interest. Last time I checked, BD is taking steps to implement NRB voting rights.

NRIs cannot vote actually but GOI is taking steps to enable us to do that.
I basically have just one issue with some BD members, it is pointless to demonize GOI on Indo-BD matters. GOI's job is to get the best deal for India, if GOB is doing a less than stellar job then how about changing it in the next election. Blaming GOI hardly makes any difference to ground situations.

This is what I also complaint. Our Indian government should do something in return else it would be a diplomatic failure.

You are wrong .... Instead of cow piss we are interested in cow meat... Sikh Kabab made of cow meat is just yummy... Along with it Magaj masala.... Hari kabob .... All are just awesome ... And made of. Cow meat .... You need tot worry about famine and drought... We are not interested to take your share of cow urine... Recently you government has also shown interest to market the product.... Wait... By tomorrow your cow drinking video will be here... If you say dog marrying indians video will also be here... Do not worry all are from international media...

Get a life dude. Height of jealousy.
You are abusing country which helped you for your independence. Shame on you man.

Get a life dude. Height of jealousy.
You are abusing country which helped you for your independence. Shame on you man.

No one abused your country ... But it's policy.... And some of the action of al government.... Just get some real fact ... Giving free transit is not in interest of bd... If some fee would have been associated that would be a different issue.... But your Indian mates are coming here with funny statements like 4.5 crore Taka... Profit of the transportation company.... Where as bd can earn couple of time more by imposing duty... Here business loss in ne India and south east Asia is not included...and also
environmental damage, smuggling, traffic congestion...

N just get some real fact.... Bangladesh would get independence from Pakistan regardless of Indian help or not... Sooner or later... N India was more interested to
divide pakistan then giving independence to bd.... From the first day India assumed bd will be a vessel state of India... So remove all these accusation mask.... Now a straight forward question will India give china a free transit to bd in return of getting free transit from bd.... Then it will be a mutual business... Now do not come with Nepal and Bhutan story... Then even does not worth a penny...n has no use of bd...

Last edited:
No one abused your country ... But it's policy.... And some of the action of al government....

Actually, if that were true I would have no complaints with your posts. However, all I see in your posts is needless crap about Indians, religious, cultural customs(even if some really are disgraceful) and you bring them up in threads where they have no bearing on the matter being discussed.

Just get some real fact ... Giving free transit is not in interest of bd... If some fee would have been associated that would be a different issue....

Nothing is free in the world, my friend. Even if Bangladesh was charging peanuts(your argument), it still serves BD's purpose if this corridor were to become important to India. Leverages are always good to have in diplomacy & trade. Concessions can always be extracted on different issues, something that you take no account of while formulating your ideas. It is in BD's interest(always has been & always will be) to maintain the best of relationships with India. There are no major issues that prevent better relations between BD & India. It will always benefit BD to have a fast growing economy of India's size as its neighbor provided it maintains good relations with it. Cutting off one's nose to spite the face has always been the stupidity of all of the leaders in South Asia. There is little to be gained by going down that path.

But your Indian mates are coming here with funny statements like 4.5 crore Taka... Profit of the transportation company.... Where as bd can earn couple of time more by imposing duty... Here business loss in ne India and south east Asia is not included...and also environmental damage, smuggling, traffic congestion...

BD will earn nothing if India decides to drop the idea. I have read your argument that the transit charges should be slightly less than the cost of bypassing BD. Does not work that way, it has to be a lot less for a country to invest in another country instead of one's own while risking blockage. Do not underestimate India's resolve to ensure better connectivity of the NE states with the rest of the country. It will happen whether with BD or without. Makes a lot of sense to come to mutually beneficial accommodations on a lot of issues including the transfer of electricity across borders. Saves money for everyone involved.
... Now a staring forward question will India give china a free transit to bd in return of getting free transit from bd.... Then it will be a mutual business... Now do not come with Nepal and Bhutan story... Then even does not worth a penny...n has no use of bd...

Silly analogy. China has not given India anything, why would India help China? Working on a quid pro quo basis is feasible only if you bring enough to the table. Makes sense to reach mutually acceptable solutions otherwise. Asking for the moon may leave you completely empty handed. Not much sense in that, is there?

Actually, if that were true I would have no complaints with your posts. However, all I see in your posts is needless crap about Indians, religious, cultural customs(even if some really are disgraceful) and you bring them up in threads where they have no bearing on the matter being discussed.

Just go n check how in a abusive manner your indian mate was talking and was calling Bangladeshi backward... I have just shown him the way... Who is backward... It may be true there are a booming rich people in India but majority are poor and the difference of income is so high between rich and poor.... But in bd the difference between rich and poor is not that high.... In bd all the poor are coming out of poverty... But you will not
hear any news like farmers are committing suicide due to poverty like the case in India....

Nothing is free in the world, my friend. Even if Bangladesh was charging peanuts(your
argument), it still serves BD's purpose if this corridor were to become important to India. Leverages are always
good to have in diplomacy & trade. Concessions can always be extracted on different issues, something that you take no account of while formulating your ideas. It is in BD's interest(always has been & always will be) to maintain the best of relationships with India. There are no major issues that prevent better relations between BD & India. It will
always benefit BD to have a fast growing economy of India's
size as its neighbor provided it maintains good relations with it. Cutting off one's nose to spite the face has always been the stupidity of all of the leaders in South Asia. There is little to be gained by going down that path.

No one denied good relation with India... Even there were always good relation with India.... But it does not keen good relation need to be gone to the level of appeasement.... N to give up interest of bd.... Just let me know what India has done for the development of bd other than promises ... So that bd need to give free transit... To India as pointed out in the article.... Bd so does not get any free access to India...only 8 million pieces of cloth......this amount is just like peanuts.... If you compare the amount bd export to other country... This year bd is expected to export more than 20 billion worth of ready made garment product... Which will be more than 30 billion in 5 years...

Let alone transit and impose duty.... India even does not allow to air bd channel in west Bengal as the quality of the west Bengal channel is lower than bd.....but all sort of Indian channel are aired in bd... But gradually they are dugong up as bd is producing more quality drama and telefilm and tv serial...

Bangladesh has a very good relation with USA, eu, japan, china, middle east.... So Bangladesh is not only dependent on India...yes if bd get free access and more opportunity in Indian market than that would be great butted had to get access to Indian market by competing with Indian companies and paying high duty then why should bd give free transit and any other concession.... So far India has done nothing for bd... But to fulfill the loyalty to India al government is giving one after another concession to India without getting any...

BD will earn nothing if India decides to drop the idea. I have read your argument that the transit charges should be slightly less than the cost of bypassing BD. Does not work that way, it has to be a lot less for a country to invest in another country instead of one's own while risking blockage. Do not underestimate India's resolve to
ensure better connectivity of the NE states with the rest of the country. It will happen whether with BD or without. Makes a lot of sense to come to mutually beneficial accommodations on a lot of issues including the transfer of electricity across borders. Saves money for everyone involved.

It is always better to earn nothing then suffering loss...I told you early by giving transit to indi bd will loss the market in the ne India... And south east Asia.... Do you think that it will be compensated by giving transit to India no.... Only trade deficit between India and bd will increase by signing fta including this transit....

N excuse me from where you got the idea of investment n bd... By India for transit.... India is doing nothing.... Or investing... India is giving lost to build up the necessary infrastructure to be used mostly by India.. Which bd will hardly use... As this article pointed out... India should invest the money instead giving the money as loan which bd will hardly use...one example was given Dhaka agartola route which was not used by bd that much and suffering loss but was introduced to give India a transit... Just look at china.... If they need to use anything they give money for free... Not do any double business like India is doing here... 1st getting free transit... Secondly giving loan for infrastructure which india will mostly use and with the condition only Indian company will implement the project.. Not only that Indian foreign ministry will approve the projects...

Silly analogy. China has not given India anything, why would India help China? Working on a quid pro quo basis is feasible only if you
bring enough to the table. Makes sense to reach mutually acceptable solutions otherwise. Asking for the moon may leave you completely empty handed. Not much sense in that, is there?

Not a silly analogy. ... You have been asked to give as bd is giving free transit to India.... So India will give the same ... If any operation and maintenance cost is related I believe china would be more than happy to pay it...

Forget about the loan..... As the article pointed out recently al government has given India 2.6 billion dollar power plant contract without any tender.... Where as India has not got any contract based on tender due to it's low product quality .... 2.6 billion dollar is not a charity that al government can give it to an Indian company without tender.... Tender would always ensure better selection of company... But this is not possible right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom