What's new

On this day, Two IAF Migs are shot down

Few month later PAF Atlantique was shot down over Rann of Kutch
IAF shot down un armed PAF plane. no further discussion with you.

Any aircraft belonging to PAF armed or unarmed can be lethal.
1) Could be recon aircraft
2) Could be doing ELNIT operation across Indo Pak border

This is not known as unarmed. And was intruding Indian airspace. NLI also shot down Indian mig during peace time that too by intruding.

Ah!
The man who celebrated his b'day in enemy's territory and returned home alive.
As a POW, yes, however sadly no one from the Indian Embassy came to receive him and had to be handed over to the Red Cross......talking of which not sure if Pervez Musharaf was also celebrating his birthday but he also went over and spent a night in India. :D

As a POW, yes, however sadly no one from the Indian Embassy came to receive him and had to be handed over to the Red Cross......
Ofcourse as a Privileged POW. :)
upload_2016-5-28_13-12-30.png

All i remember is Nachiketa was quite a hero in those times.

......talking of which not sure if Pervez Musharaf was also celebrating his birthday but he also went over and spent a night in India. :D
So sad!
Why did not Mushhy stay there for another day? or if he had the courage he should have stayed there longer. Nooh?

Last edited:
As a POW, yes, however sadly no one from the Indian Embassy came to receive him and had to be handed over to the Red Cross......talking of which not sure if Pervez Musharaf was also celebrating his birthday but he also went over and spent a night in India. :D

Jammer Mia,

Jhooth Bolna to Koi Tujse Sikhe.

In the Words of nachiketa HIMSELF :
"I underwent severe mental and physical torture there for three-four days. On the seventh day, they decided to hand me over to the Red Cross and I finally came to my motherland through Islamabad with the help of the Indian Embassy," he recalled.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-kargil-hero-recalls-war-and-pakistan-captivity-1177514

Jhooth bar bar Bolne se Sach Nahi Ho jata Mere Betaji.

PS : India too Handed over POWs to Red Cross. Check History of 1971 , 1999

Last edited:
The stingers were fired during peace time when IAF was taking routine sortie. If IAF was literally on some assault sortie then they would have known how to fly to avoid the enemy radar for a surprize attack.
IAF were well inside Pak boundary ,Atlantis was another example of peace time attack . Any ways dont troll be on topic

Ofcourse as a Privileged POW. :)
View attachment 307405

All i remember is Nachiketa was quite a hero in those times.

When FIt Lt. Nachiketa was released on 4 June 1999 as a unilateral gesture of goodwill by Pakistan, on the order of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, no one, not even the Defence Attache turned up to receive their own pilot. The reason they did not want to be publicly seen receiving their prisoner pilot back. The Foreign Office had taken precautions to associate the ICRC with the wellbeing of the Indian pilot. They examined him and found him medically fit in the condition they took his custody and transported him to the border.

So sad!
Why did not Mushhy stay there for another day? or if he had the courage he should have stayed there longer. Nooh?

Oh he had the courage al right, even your then army chief acknowledged this.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/kargil-war-pervez-musharraf-vk-singh-pakistan-army/1/248584.html

Few month later PAF Atlantique was shot down over Rann of Kutch. How can you forget that? Do you even know officialy there is sieze fire but armies fought till winters arrived.

The stingers were fired during peace time when IAF was taking routine sortie. If IAF was literally on some assault sortie then they would have known how to fly to avoid the enemy radar for a surprize attack.

That's because IAF did what every professional Air force suppose to do, to support the ground troops and to provide CAS etc.

Even gallant Pilots of Army Aviation flew sorties right under the nose of enemy SAM umbrella and AA Guns.

Sadly, the same can't be said about PAF, it was nowhere near the theatre specially when Pak troops desperately needed Air support.

Army aviation during kargil war.

988488_10151531914823752_1966031632_n.jpg

p1108995.jpg

Last edited:
Jammer Mia,

Jhooth Bolna to Koi Tujse Sikhe.

In the Words of nachiketa HIMSELF :
"I underwent severe mental and physical torture there for three-four days. On the seventh day, they decided to hand me over to the Red Cross and I finally came to my motherland through Islamabad with the help of the Indian Embassy," he recalled.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-kargil-hero-recalls-war-and-pakistan-captivity-1177514

Jhooth bar bar Bolne se Sach Nahi Ho jata Mere Betaji.

PS : India too Handed over POWs to Red Cross. Check History of 1971 , 1999

Abey tu feeder pee, teri umar nai bari bari baat karney ki.
Aur agaya na apni auqat pey 1971 ka dhol petney.

When FIt Lt. Nachiketa was released on 4 June 1999 as a unilateral gesture of goodwill by Pakistan, on the order of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, no one, not even the Defence Attache turned up to receive their own pilot. The reason they did not want to be publicly seen receiving their prisoner pilot back. The Foreign Office had taken precautions to associate the ICRC with the wellbeing of the Indian pilot. They examined him and found him medically fit in the condition they took his custody and transported him to the border.

Your Source ? Dont tell me its frm FB !

Abey tu feeder pee, teri umar nai bari bari baat karney ki.
Aur agaya na apni auqat pey 1971 ka dhol petney.

Jammer Mia,

Baat Baat me Aukat ki baat p Aa jate ho beta. Chill Yar. 1971 ki aag buji nahi abi tak ?

gosh! Windy
Can you not read some reliable stuff?
The only 2 pages showing the content that you have posted are from FACEBOOK and a blog.
Come on!
Do your homework well.
upload_2016-5-28_13-20-4.png

Oh he had the courage al right, even your then army chief acknowledged this.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/kargil-war-pervez-musharraf-vk-singh-pakistan-army/1/248584.html

No way.
Sneaking in is not called courage.
I say, Musshy should have stayed back with his soldiers to boost their morale. A leader leads from front. Isnt it? :rolleyes:

IAF were well inside Pak boundary ,Atlantis was another example of peace time attack . Any ways dont troll be on topic

we are on topic. You cannot ask members not to discuss the wider factuals of the IAF.

Otherwise every member will end up posting just one line

'Pak shot down IAF Mig'

when how why what are the measures taken by IAF, how IAF retaliated Must also be discussed.

What kind of debate it is if you want every member to make one liners?:drag:

Your Source ?

And you consider a person as a reliable source who went on national TV and claimed he can not repeat in front of the ladies what Pakistanis done to him. :lol:

Jammer Mia,

Baat Baat me Aukat ki baat p Aa jate ho beta. Chill Yar. 1971 ki aag buji nahi abi tak ?

Nalayaq puttar ji.....it's best to remain focused on the topic at hand.
fir @nair bahi muj ko advise detey hain. :rolleyes:

@Windjammer

It's ironic really, despite having more Pakistani POW, India never demanded grand celebration of their return at wagha,

On the other hand Pakistan wanted a grand ceremony of the return of single IAF Pilot which India rejected.Moreover Pakistan embassy didn't knew the name of Pak POW.

http://www.rediff.com/news/1999/aug/25pak1.htm

"Moreover, the Pakistani authorities in New Delhi were completely in the dark. A senior official at the Pakistani high commission did not even know the names of the eight prisoners on August 12"

we are on topic. You cannot ask members not to discuss the wider factuals of the IAF.

Otherwise every member will end up posting just one line

'Pak shot down IAF Mig'

when how why what are the measures taken by IAF, how IAF retaliated Must also be discussed.

What kind of debate it is if you want every member to make one liners?:drag:
Can you just see the topic ,Ok in your last post you said

Peace time what peace time it was full retaliation by IAF and IA .These aeroplanes were on routine sortie but on bombing mission well inside Pak territory .What a surprize attack here are some links to refresh your memory .
Indian Air Force openly entered into the conflict on 26 May 1999 and launched air strikes 10 kms across LoC inside Pakistani territory. Pakistan warned that if India would continue to violate its airspace than it would target them in retaliation. On 27 May 1999, IAF MiG-27ML (Serial No. 1135) flown by Flt Lt K. Nachiketa of No. 9 Squadron intruded into Pakistan airspace at 11:15 a.m. (PST) near Hunzi Ghund. It intruded twice and first marked a Pakistani position on the LoC with smoke bombs and then came in for a rocketing and strafing attack on the same post. Gunner Shafaqat Ali commanded by Capt. Faheem Tipu of Air Defence using an ANZA-II SAM tracked and shot down the MiG as it exited. The pilot ejected and was taken POW. He resisted with his pistol after landing and was involved in a fire fight with Pakistani troops to evade capture.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/shooting-down-of-indian-migs-in-kargil.322749/#ixzz49wRq1dm0

For peace time the conduct of our armed forces are like this

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/indian-army-helicopter-in-pakistan-occupied-kashmir/1/157264.html
Chopper row resolved: Pak returns Indian Army helicopter, crew

Back
Top Bottom