What's new

On this day, Two IAF Migs are shot down

Can you just see the topic ,Ok in your last post you said

The stingers were fired during peace time when IAF was taking routine sortie. If IAF was literally on some assault sortie then they would have known how to fly to avoid the enemy radar for a surprize attack.

Peace time what peace time it was full retaliation by IAF and IA .These aeroplanes were on routine sortie but on bombing mission well inside Pak territory .What a surprize attack here are some links to refresh your memory .
Indian Air Force openly entered into the conflict on 26 May 1999 and launched air strikes 10 kms across LoC inside Pakistani territory. Pakistan warned that if India would continue to violate its airspace than it would target them in retaliation. On 27 May 1999, IAF MiG-27ML (Serial No. 1135) flown by Flt Lt K. Nachiketa of No. 9 Squadron intruded into Pakistan airspace at 11:15 a.m. (PST) near Hunzi Ghund. It intruded twice and first marked a Pakistani position on the LoC with smoke bombs and then came in for a rocketing and strafing attack on the same post. Gunner Shafaqat Ali commanded by Capt. Faheem Tipu of Air Defence using an ANZA-II SAM tracked and shot down the MiG as it exited. The pilot ejected and was taken POW. He resisted with his pistol after landing and was involved in a fire fight with Pakistani troops to evade capture.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/shooting-down-of-indian-migs-in-kargil.322749/#ixzz49wRq1dm0

For peace time the conduct of our armed forces are like this

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/indian-army-helicopter-in-pakistan-occupied-kashmir/1/157264.html
Chopper row resolved: Pak returns Indian Army helicopter, crew

Neither Mig 21 nor Mig 27 were on bombing mission because the enemy locations were not known at all!! And neither they were inside Pak airspace. They were asked to remain on the Indian side of LOC when NLI soldiers who were already inside Indian territory launched the attack. Only the Helis that too after weeks of detection launched the assault with Mirage 2000.

So get your facts correct before making long and incorrect propaganda posts.

Sorry bhai, aage aisa galti nahin karoonga

And you consider a person as a reliable source who went on national TV and claimed he can not repeat in front of the ladies what Pakistanis done to him. :lol:

Nalayaq puttar ji.....it's best to remain focused on the topic at hand.
fir @nair bahi muj ko advise detey hain. :rolleyes:

Neither Mig 21 nor Mig 27 were on bombing mission because the enemy locations were not known at all!! And neither they were inside Pak airspace. They were asked to remain on the Indian side of LOC when NLI soldiers who were already inside Indian territory launched the attack. Only the Helis that too after weeks of detection launched the assault with Mirage 2000.

So get your facts correct before making long and incorrect propaganda posts.
Lol height of dilusional less ,Any ways POW was taken and similarly fact remain if it was on peace ful mission wreckage was found and captured in Pak territoty ,so stop trolling

Lol height of dilusional less ,Any ways POW was taken and similarly fact remain if it was on peace ful mission wreckage was found and captured in Pak territoty ,so stop trolling

at 800kms per hour if a fighter jet is shot it may fall anywhere withing 10-20km radius. So finding of wreckage in Pak territory is a rogue argument.

Last edited:
"Both IAF jets were shot inside Pak territory which were involved in hostile attack"

"A living prisoner is more useful than a dead one, Pak Army did not kill Ahuja"

"No one, not even the Defence Attache turned up to receive their own pilot"

KARGIL17.jpg

POW Flt.Lt Nachiketa was involved in hostile attack on Pakistani positions. When his Mig-27 was shot he ejected and after landing on the ground he tried to escape. He fired on the Pakistani soldiers with his pistol but still he could not escape and was captured. Indian govt. refused to take its pilot which was afterwards handed over to the Red Cross

Indian Air Force openly entered into the conflict on 26 May 1999 and launched air strikes 10 kms across LoC inside Pakistani territory. Pakistan warned that if India would continue to violate its airspace than it would target them in retaliation. On 27 May 1999, IAF MiG-27ML (Serial No. 1135) flown by Flt Lt K. Nachiketa of No. 9 Squadron intruded into Pakistan airspace at 11:15 a.m. (PST) near Hunzi Ghund. It intruded twice and first marked a Pakistani position on the LoC with smoke bombs and then came in for a rocketing and strafing attack on the same post. Gunner Shafaqat Ali commanded by Capt. Faheem Tipu of Air Defence using an ANZA-II SAM tracked and shot down the MiG as it exited. The pilot ejected and was taken POW. He resisted with his pistol after landing and was involved in a fire fight with Pakistani troops to evade capture.

Shortly later, two more Indian MiG-21 jets intruded into Pakistan airspace at 11:35 a.m. (PST) and dived in for a rocketing attack on the same Pakistani position. Naik Talib Hussain Basharat again commanded by Capt. Faheem Tipu started tracking and one of the MiG-21 (Serial No. C1539) was shot down again with ANZA-II SAM at a height of 1,500 metres. The wreckage fell 10-12 kilometres inside Pakistan territory. The pilot, Sqn Ldr Ajay Ahuja of No. 17 Squadron was killed and the body was handed over to India on 29 May 1999.
KARGIL87.jpg

Pak Army soldiers with the tail of Indian MiG-21 fighter jet in Hunzi Ghund in Pakistan territory.

After the Indian jets were shot down, Indian media started a propaganda that Pakistan Army could not shoot any Indian aircrafts and the IAF is continuing their activities. The Pakistani defence spokesman Brig. Rashid Qureshi refuted it and cleared that after the Indian planes had been shot down they did not violate the Pakistani airspace and continued to patrol inside Indian territory at a very high altitude.

When FIt Lt. Nachiketa was released on 4 June 1999 as a unilateral gesture of goodwill by Pakistan, on the order of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, no one, not even the Defence Attache turned up to receive their own pilot. The reason they did not want to be publicly seen receiving their prisoner pilot back. The Foreign Office had taken precautions to associate the ICRC with the wellbeing of the Indian pilot. They examined him and found him medically fit in the condition they took his custody and transported him to the border. Squadron Leader Ahuja's body was returned with full military honours by the Pakistan Army, that has always stuck by the traditions of the battlefield. As Ahuja's body was handed over to India, even before any post-mortem examination it raised alarm that Ahuja may have shot dead after he had parachuted safely to the ground. India had maintained that the Ahuja had "ejected after his MiG-21 was hit by a surface to air missile fired upon from across the LoC."Later India maintained that according to the post-mortem report Ahuja was shot twice-once through the ear and again in the chest. India launched strong protest with Pakistan over the 'brutal shooting' of Sqn Ldr. Ahuja by his Pakistani captors. This was another attempt to malign Pakistan in the eyes of the world. Knowing fully well that Ahuja fighter plane was shot down when it was engaged in rocketing, artillery firing and automatic firing. In such a combat situation some bullets hitting Ahuja can not be ruled out.

IAF changed their operational technique after their jets were shot down and used Jaguars and Mirage 2000 fighter jets. They also began using laser-guided bombs from high-altitude. As a result, their bombing was ineffective and they failed to clear the targets.

KARGIL20.jpg

The remains of ejection seat and other survival equipments of Indian jets being shown to the international media, the UN observers were also present on the scene.
good recall to history and compilation. the shameless pivot we captured lacked common decency to appreciate the good treatment by PAF. he was treated as an Officer POW.

but rest assured that this thread will attract a lot of trolls who will flame bait you and other posters with everything which is NOT related to this day and the content.

@Windjammer

A total of 100 Stingers were fired by Pakistani troops during the entire conflict
yea right Geo news and NDTV representatives were sitting on a mountain top doing the counting for you.

@Irfan Baloch Why was my post deleted? There was absolutely nothing objectionable or insulting about asking a member for sources to his claims.

I will post my querries once again. Again, if you are going to delete it, please inform some of us why are you doing so.

A MACABRE graveyard marked the summit of the majestic Jubbar heights. More than 30 bodies of Pakistani troops and irregulars had been dumped in shallow graves on the 4,924-metre peak by a retreating unit. With just a few stones to cover them, the bodies had decomposed beyond recognition.

This is so
unfortunate, these men went against overwhelming odds for their nation and in the end could not even get a proper burial.

Soldiers? Oh No No No.. Don't put words in my mouth.. I never disrespected any soldiers.. The soldiers on the battlefield fought for their motherland, killed and died for her, whether Indian soldiers or Pakistanis. And they command my unwavering respect. Its your generals and your policy makers that did the cowardly action of occupying vacant posts and starting a war, even when your PM was hugging Mr Vajpaiyee at the Minar-e-Pakistan. “Backstabbing" is the sweetest word that can be used for what Gen. Musharraf and his gang of four did.

You shot down a Mig-21 jet and a Mi-17 chopper during PEACETIME, without a declaration of war, and you're masquerading it as an achievement here. That's what this whole thread has been created upon. Is that not true??

BTW, please refrain from ad-hominen attacks. I did not talk about your posterior end, and I expect you to not show an interest in mine.. :crazy:

And, instead of cherry-picking two phrases from my whole post, why don't you, for once, try answering it in entirety. Thank you. :coffee:
The soldiers took the action, which you've declared "cowardly". Have some respect for them, Internet Warrior.

If it was peacetime, what were MiGs doing in such a secluded airspace? And so close to our borders?.

As for answering your whole post, there's not much in it which which could prove your intellectual capabilities you've managed to rant about, with no contribution in the light of the debate, about points already discussed in the thread.

You have an entire thread worth of stuff about Kargil, yet you've managed to completely ignore it.
Do your homework, and again refer to my earlier statement and abide by it, might prove well for you.

Kargil War...............:blink:

Bhai I appreciate PAk friends they are even able found something to feel happy in Kargil episode.

Even they forget about thousands (PAK army) those died in WAR.

Truth is only that It was a big blunder by PAK army. They was trying to repeat siachen episode (Indian Victory) but failed.

And you consider a person as a reliable source who went on national TV and claimed he can not repeat in front of the ladies what Pakistanis done to him. :lol:
. :rolleyes:

BS Logic.
If we dont trust the words of the man ( the pilot ) himself then who ? He simply didnt want to speak the mental trauma he faced, since u never faced it doesnt give the right to mock over a soldier's feelings.

Besides, you failed to provide any source of ur moronic claim, busted by several people above.

yea right Geo news and NDTV representatives were sitting on a mountain top doing the counting for you.

It was IAF officers who said this ; you can verify it from PAF and PA

Why did Pakistan stop after two stingers had got their targets

The ANSWER is Pakistan did nt stop

But it was IAF which changed tactics and stingers became USELESS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Lt Gen Mahmood asked for questions at the end of the rather crisp and to-the-point briefing, Air Cdre Saleem Nawaz opened up by inquiring about the type of air support that might be needed for the operation. Lt Gen Mahmood assured us that air support was not envisaged and that his forces could take care of enemy aircraft, if they intervened. “I have Stingers on every peak,” he announced. Air Cdre Saleem tried to point out the limited envelope of these types of missiles and said that nothing stopped the IAF from attacking the posts and artillery pieces from high altitude. To this, Lt Gen Mahmood’s reply was that his troops were well camouflaged and concealed and, that IAF pilots would not be able to pick out the posts from the air.

http://kaiser-aeronaut.blogspot.in/2009/01/kargil-conflict-and-pakistan-air-force.html

i read both the points of Pakistani's and Indians, both defending their view points, but here is my point.

do we ever think of the families of soldiers killed in that baseless conflict of both the sides.
what we trying to achieve on human Blood??

think for the feelings of a mother who's son lost his life in baseless conflict!

I think both the countries lost, if they even lost one human being. we can capture the posts, but not got back life.

i read both the points of Pakistani's and Indians, both defending their view points, but here is my point.

do we ever think of the families of soldiers killed in that baseless conflict of both the sides.
what we trying to achieve on human Blood??

think for the feelings of a mother who's son lost his life in baseless conflict!

I think both the countries lost, if they even lost one human being. we can capture the posts, but not got back life.

We did not start the Kargil war so we are not ashamed of the deaths and casualties

For India Kargil was a "Just war "

Back
Top Bottom