What's new

On This Day in 2002: PAF shoots down an Israeli UAV

Considering that there was no SAM system that existed that would have made the difference.. I dont see what the fuss is about.
It was an intruder that needed visual ID and warning as per SoP on intrusion. The F-7s from Minhas and the Mirages from rafiqui are not equipped for Day/night intercept(the Rafiqui based Mirages are not ROSE-I variants with the Grifo-M.. and the F-7PGs were not fully inducted by then)... Additionally, a visual at night on a target less than the size of a F-7 wing flying at less than 150 knots is quite difficult.. which is why the F-16s were scrambled to use their better radar to find and kill the bogey.

Not sure where the whole haver about secret SAMs and tactical lasers came in from?? o_O
Both from our Neighbours and myself.

I continue to belive that these all planned violations are what we call detection of the enemy air defence systems.. so I find it essential that we dont betray our less mobile ground assets until its the time they can be put to their full use in case India invades.

the Indians (although most of them know already) continue to innocently wonder why F-16s had to be scrambled for "innocent little drones" and why not other jets.. or any other ground based system. although I linked two videos of Russian Mig 29 taking out Georgian drone and Israeli F-16 taking out suspected Hizbullah/ Iranian drone but that didnt help and they continue to mourn the inconsiderate use of natural resources and excessive force ... to take out an ... innocent drone.. which might (in my opinion) would have had collected data which satellites cant collect.

just my age old mentality and I see a spy behind every tree..

India shouldn't have underestimated the capability of PAF.They clearly has a stronger air defence than ours.

India shouldn't have underestimated the capability of PAF.They clearly has a stronger air defence than ours.

Considering that it took 6 aircraft to take down a small night intruder.. I would not exaggerate those capabilities either.

Weren't more hq-9/18 batteries procured?

No idea what you are talking about. Paucity of funds does not let all LoIs become purchases.

Considering that it took 6 aircraft to take down a small night intruder.. I would not exaggerate those capabilities either.

No idea what you are talking about. Paucity of funds does not let all LoIs become purchases.

Then where did the magical funds for procuring (and read blowing up) 100 million dollar ERIEYE come from? Or the 300million or so for the Spada batteries?

It was back in 2002,and even with Isreali help India couldn't save the drones.
Also in Kargil Pakistani SAMs downed sevral Indian jets.Pakistan exports SAMs too.India is weak in this fied compared to Pakistan

Then where did the magical funds for procuring (and read blowing up) 100 million dollar ERIEYE come from? Or the 300million or so for the Spada batteries?

Aerial Eyes: Pakistan’s New AWACS Fleets
Sweden’s Dagens Industri in an April 10/13 article, is that the original purchase was funded by a 2006 credit arrangement of SEK 7.4 billion from the Swedish Export Credit and Export Credits Guarantee Board. Now they’ll have to add SEK 1+ billion to cover this, all to a country that isn’t viewed as a terrific credit risk

The same goes for the SPADA..

Pakistan Air Force has a similar motto to our nation..

"Loans are us"

Also in Kargil Pakistani SAMs downed sevral Indian jets.Pakistan exports SAMs too.India is weak in this fied compared to Pakistan
Dude I know you are a false flag but at least do some research before showing your desperation. Which SAMs has Pakistan exported?

So how are things in your state.. such as in Erode?

Dude I know you are a false flag but at least do some research before showing your desperation. Which SAMs has Pakistan exported?

Anza's.. perhaps you should do some research before ending up with a facepalm for your troubles. I know its good to hate Pakistan, but please not be as hasty as to look stupid while doing it

Anza's.. perhaps you should do some research before ending up with a facepalm for your troubles. I know its good to hate Pakistan, but please not be as hasty as to look stupid while doing it

Erode is not my state,Tamil Nadu is.Erode is just a place,famous for textiles.
Anza SAM is built by Pakistan and exported to Malayasia in large numbers isn't it?
India don't have any SAM exports to say!Thats what I said!

I am an Indian,from Erode,Tamil Nadu.

Erode is not my state,Tamil Nadu is.Erode is just a place,famous for textiles.
Anza SAM is built by Pakistan and exported to Malayasia in large numbers isn't it?
India don't have any SAM exports to say!Thats what I said!

I am an Indian,from Erode,Tamil Nadu.

Really, because it says you are from Kerala..

It was operated by IAF. What nexus, we buy stuff from them, anything that India buys will be known in pdf first.. :pop:

Indians looking stupid, well, nothing new there.

Aerial Eyes: Pakistan’s New AWACS Fleets

The same goes for the SPADA..

Pakistan Air Force has a similar motto to our nation..

"Loans are us"

If we can take loans from Sweden, why not further loans from China for a critical defense upgrade?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom