What's new

On This Day in 2002: PAF shoots down an Israeli UAV

It was operated by IAF. What nexus, we buy stuff from them, anything that India buys will be known in pdf first.. :pop:
Once I was in an exhbition next to a NAL Stall displaying micro UAVs. The guy in the stall was so eager explaining and he told me "you know son,pakistanis have all our aircrafts in their websites!". He was dumbstruck when I told that I was a senior member in that "Pakistani website":D

Both from our Neighbours and myself.

I continue to belive that these all planned violations are what we call detection of the enemy air defence systems.. so I find it essential that we dont betray our less mobile ground assets until its the time they can be put to their full use in case India invades.

the Indians (although most of them know already) continue to innocently wonder why F-16s had to be scrambled for "innocent little drones" and why not other jets.. or any other ground based system. although I linked two videos of Russian Mig 29 taking out Georgian drone and Israeli F-16 taking out suspected Hizbullah/ Iranian drone but that didnt help and they continue to mourn the inconsiderate use of natural resources and excessive force ... to take out an ... innocent drone.. which might (in my opinion) would have had collected data which satellites cant collect.

just my age old mentality and I see a spy behind every tree..

The Indians live to find faults. One cannot blabber away to explain stuff to every internet representative of Bharat who is there because there is nothing better to do in his life other than find faults in Pakistan.

Now, probing is a tactic as old as war itself. But that may be for many reasons. The UAVs may be there to test both response times and cover any suspected movements. It would be surprising that the IAF was simple enough in their thinking to send a still useful UAV to just probe and guarantee a shootdown rather than an aircraft who may respond to radio calls for exiting the airspace.

It was back in 2002,and even with Isreali help India couldn't save the drones.
Also in Kargil Pakistani SAMs downed sevral Indian jets.Pakistan exports SAMs too.India is weak in this fied compared to Pakistan
1.We BROUGHT those drones from Israel. We PAID them with MONEY. They were operated by IAF 2.Second searcher made it safely.
3.We have newer and better radars,missiles and defence systems than Pakistans,though their isn't bad either.
4. We've downed their drones too,also our foxbats have gone into their territory and came back without problems multiple times.
5.In Kargil IAF flew 5k+ sorties,whereas PAF didn't participate.

I never knew about this, not surprising. This for the people who think we should normalize relations with that state.

Once I was in an exhbition next to a NAL Stall displaying micro UAVs. The guy in the stall was so eager explaining and he told me "you know son,pakistanis have all our aircrafts in their websites!". He was dumbstruck when I told that I was a senior member in that "Pakistani website":D
What do you mean by that ???

I never knew about this, not surprising. This for the people who think we should normalize relations with that state.
oh gaad.. we do everything and the bloody yahoodis take credit... :pissed:
you seriously think we will allow their people to fly these, instead of giving us training and hand over it like most seller of hardware do.

Genius!!!!
thats exactly what Indians are trying us to do ..to reveal both long range and medium range SAM systems to mark them for future SEAD or sabotage operations in case of open hostilities.
please promise me that you will do something safe in life like become an anchor or a banker because if you got any say in things you just said then only people who will tank you will be the Indians.
you didnt get me did you? @Windjammer @batmannow please help our friend here.
Yar micro drones ki baat krta hoon tu kehty ho baqi nahi kar rhe ham kese kar leen ge
Sam ki baat krta hoon tu kehte ho Indian ura deen ge
Itna dar ke jene se marna behter ha!
And yeah i'm a puktoon and yeah i wish to become a defence contractor so i can show people like you what technology can do.... dude sorry to say but you're backwards and if you hate my comments just ignore them, don't try to make fun of me.

Considering that it took 6 aircraft to take down a small night intruder.. I would not exaggerate those capabilities either.
Now that's what i'm talking about, can you give @Irfan Baloch a lesson or two why we need to "unveil" this technology!
Having a F-16 to destroy the drone is good enough but a SAM system would've sent an instant and clear message....
"Don't fuc* with us!"

Yar micro drones ki baat krta hoon tu kehty ho baqi nahi kar rhe ham kese kar leen ge
Sam ki baat krta hoon tu kehte ho Indian ura deen ge
Itna dar ke jene se marna behter ha!
And yeah i'm a puktoon and yeah i wish to become a defence contractor so i can show people like you what technology can do.... dude sorry to say but you're backwards and if you hate my comments just ignore them, don't try to make fun of me.

Now that's what i'm talking about, can you give @Irfan Baloch a lesson or two why we need to "unveil" this technology!
Having a F-16 to destroy the drone is good enough but a SAM system would've sent an instant and clear message....
"Don't fuc* with us!"
& what you think , we dont hve the required sams or so called unveiling-tech?
You need to learn, find the info, on the threads then come up, with your conclusions?
Wouldnt be a bad option at all?

Curious got curiouser.... Is pak officially admitting tampering with evidence and painting that roundell?? If yes, where would it leave it's credibility??

1.We BROUGHT those drones from Israel. We PAID them with MONEY. They were operated by IAF 2.Second searcher made it safely.
3.We have newer and better radars,missiles and defence systems than Pakistans,though their isn't bad either.
4. We've downed their drones too,also our foxbats have gone into their territory and came back without problems multiple times.
5.In Kargil IAF flew 5k+ sorties,whereas PAF didn't participate.

4. ???

5. Aeronaut: Kargil Conflict and Pakistan Air Force

India Says It Shot Down Spy Plane - Los Angeles Times

Troops shoots down Pakistani spy plane | Kashmir Latest News, Breaking News, Photos and Features | Free Press Kashmir

Pakistan_UAV_wreckage_jk1.jpg

Lt Col Rathore of the Indian Army displayes wreckage of a Pakistan UAV shot down over Mendhar, Poonch in J&K on 05th Feb 2003. The UAV is of Italian make and was flying 400m on Indian side of the LoC. The aircraft was down by ground fire. Debris recovered included one wing, engine Assembly, a frame and transmitters.

PTI photo.

Monday, May 1st, 2006 at 6:03 pm

For 25 years it was Indias elusive eye in the sky, keeping a constant watch over the enemy deep inside his own territory and yet remaining beyond his reach. It was the awesome MiG-25, capable of flying too fast and too high to care much about enemy radars, fighters and missiles.

After all those secret missions over Pakistan and China, the MiG-25s are now set to retire. They are at the end of their lifespan, and so prohibitively expensive to maintain and operate. The formal de-commissioning ceremony is scheduled to be held at the Bareilly Air Force Station, where these aircraft are based, on May 1. The present MiG-25 squadron members as well as officers and personnel who had served in the squadron earlier, including those who have retired, would be attending the ceremony.

It is no secret that the MiG-25 flew in hostile airspace as a matter of routine, though, of course, there are no public records to validate this. One incident which lends credence to this is a sonic boom heard over Islamabad in May 1997, which is attributable to a MiG-25 deliberately going supersonic to pique the Pakistanis. The boom caused panic amongst the residents of Islamabad. According to reports, the Pakistani Air Force scrambled its F-16s, but the MiG-25 was too fast and too high for them.

Cruising in the outer fringes of the atmosphere, the 40-tonne MiG-25 had no parallel in the arena of gathering high value intelligence and strategic reconnaissance, and gave the IAF an immense advantage. Flying at nearly three times the speed of sound at altitudes above 90,000 feet, it was too high and fast for any fighter to intercept or missile to lock on to. Their task would now be taken over by satellites and unmanned aerial vehicles, supplemented with combat aircraft equipped with reconnaissance pods.

The MiG-25s are also believed to have monitored Chinese troop movements in NEFA following reports of incursions in the eighties and early nineties,photographed militant training camps across the Line of Control, mapped enemy positions during Operation Vijay in Kargil in 1999 and kept a close eye on Pakistani formations during Operation Parakram in 2002. Given the capabilities of its high-powered cameras, it could have accomplished much of the work while flying within Indian airspace.

Recce Incursion
Air Power International

By Peter Steinemann

Last May (1997), an Indian Force (IAF) Mikoyan MiG-25RB Foxbat-B reconnaissance aircraft created a furore when the pilot flew faster than Mach 2 over Pakistani territory following a reconnaissance mission into Pakistan airspace. The Foxbat broke the sound barrier while flying at an altitude of around 65,000 feet, otherwise the mission would have remained covert, at least to the general public. The Pakistan Government considered the breaking of the sound barrier as deliberate: to make the point that the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has no aircraft in its inventory which can come close to the cruising height of the MiG-25 (up to 74,000 feet).

However, from one of PAF's Forward Operating Bases, radar traced the intruder and the F-16As scrambled. Sources in the PAF said that there was no need to intercept a plane flying at the altitude of 65,000 feet as the F-16 can reach an operating ceiling of 55,000 feet.

India denied the incident but Pakistan's Foreign Minister, Gohar Ayub Khan, believed that the Foxbat photographed strategic installations near the Capital, Islamabad. Interestingly, the two countries signed a 'Prevention of Air Space Violations' agreement in April 1991, which recognized that PAF and IAF aircraft operate near each other's airspace. The agreement permitted overflights and landings by military aircraft, but certainly not airborne reconnaissance.

Last edited:
Curious got curiouser.... Is pak officially admitting tampering with evidence and painting that roundell?? If yes, where would it leave it's credibility??
How after shooting it down first and then painting the colours of the original operator can be tampering, as for credibility, it hits you in the face when the Indian authorities admit to it's loss.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom