What's new

Old Laptop Advice and suggestions

I have an old Dell laptop that is getting overheating problems. I replaced the fan and cleaned out the heat sink. Now it also giving power adapter error. The problem may be the motherboard itself, which is expensive and hard to find. Is it worth to repair this old laptop (five years old) or to try getting a new one?

even my laptop is 6 yrs old... was vista then upgraded to windows 7, and added 2GB ram...

but battery is useless and i use laptop as a mobile desktop... he he

Last edited by a moderator:
best option

1314577573381.jpg

Dell now are not good in quality. What about Lenovo or other brands for replacement?

Not sure mate I had just dell before but I used a Asus laptop and was impressed with this also, seems like a good brand to me this company.

Not sure mate I had just dell before but I used a Asus laptop and was impressed with this also, seems like a good brand to me this company.

Yea, the Asus that @RAMPAGE linked above is pretty good. I need to look into this make more.

Last edited by a moderator:
overheating is a big issue in laptops! I have always used PC's but tempted by a Mac maybe next or Asus not sure

If I had lots of cash I would love the new MacPro machine coming out its freaking amazing!

new-mac-pro-02.jpg

but I need to save my money for the PS4

I have an old Dell laptop that is getting overheating problems. I replaced the fan and cleaned out the heat sink. Now it also giving power adapter error. The problem may be the motherboard itself, which is expensive and hard to find. Is it worth to repair this old laptop (five years old) or to try getting a new one?

Average age of laptops is around 3-7 years. Extreme highs and lows along with exceptional cases depends on the user's care and luck. After 5 years, the technology being used in the laptop is almost obsolete.

Repairing an old laptop is really not a good idea. There's is a high probability of other parts going bad soon due to the effect of one.

Back
Top Bottom