What's new

OIC concerned over India protests

Why does government need to know the religion of the people to plan & develop?

There are many inter-religious marriages that take place in India. Which Religion do their kids belong to?

Religion is a private matter. Government has no role in it.

Indian affirmative action is based on caste categories (OBC, SC, ST etc) . Caste is a Hindu concept. It is not applicable for non-Hindus.
My Godddd realllllyyyy???

So ex-Dalits who become Christians lose their right to affirmative action on the basis of their RELIGION????

WOW. Whadda genius we have here guys.

In trying desperately to prove Pakistan is an "Islamic state" that discriminates against non-Muslims, he has tied himself into a knot and accepted that today, I could be a dalit Hindu getting affirmative rights, but tomorrow if I say the hail Mary, I will lose that right even though economically I am still as disadvantaged as I was before.

Well shaggg me stupid.

If that isn't discrimination on the basis of friggin religion against non-Hindus specifically, then I don't know what is!

Why does government need to know the religion of the people to plan & develop?

There are many inter-religious marriages that take place in India. Which Religion do their kids belong to?

Religion is a private matter. Government has no role in it.
For improving these religious minorities conditions

My Godddd realllllyyyy???

So ex-Dalits who become Christians lose their right to affirmative action on the basis of their RELIGION????

WOW. Whadda genius we have here guys.

In trying desperately to prove Pakistan is an "Islamic state" that discriminates against non-Muslims, he has tied himself into a knot and accepted that today, I could be a dalit Hindu getting affirmative rights, but tomorrow if I say the hail Mary, I will lose that right even though economically I am still as disadvantaged as I was before.

Well shaggg me stupid.

If that isn't discrimination on the basis of friggin religion against non-Hindus specifically, then I don't know what is!

Yes. True.

There is a movement in India by dalit Christians and dalit Muslims that they need to get reservations as well but as things stand today you can only get a caste certificate if you claim that you are a Hindu as technically Christianity and Islam do not have or recognize the concept of caste.

For improving these religious minorities conditions

That is done based on economic status not based on religion.

You are expecting to solve this complex constitutional problem of citizenship and rights when the world is full of indian migrants on dubious paperwork? Goodluck

Technically all Indian muslims are declared illegal aliens as per the new citizenship bill regardless of 1951 provisions or 71 electoral roll call.

How many of those 200 plus millions are Indian citizens must be determined before you claim a stake in OIC on their names.
No ,no one is declared illegal .all the illigal Indians from all parts of the world should be sent back to India ,is it not the right thing to do.

Majority will be Indian Muslims ,I don't think there is will be too many Pakistani Muslims ,the major illegals will be BD Muslims.To know the extent they are in India all you have to visit a construction site or any fast food joint in South India .They are literally every where

Yes. True.

There is a movement in India by dalit Christians and dalit Muslims that they need to get reservations as well but as things stand today you can only get a caste certificate if you claim that you are a Hindu as technically Christianity and Islam do not have or recognize the concept of caste.

This is my favourite post of yours.

You admitted in the first bit that religion, not economic status affects economic benefits in India. Then in the second bit, you said what you think should be happening, which is the opposite of the first bit.

Keep going.

No also included religion status, in economic status you never know which minorities is in the better position and other in worst position

No ,no one is declared illegal .all the illigal Indians from all parts of the world should be sent back to India ,is it not the right thing to do.

Majority will be Indian Muslims ,I don't think there is will be too many Pakistani Muslims ,the major illegals will be BD Muslims.To know the extent they are in India all you have to visit a construction site or any fast food joint in South India .They are literally every where

Two words Ghar Wapsi.

India is basically blackmailing the world as the world would suddenly have a refugee crisis.

This is my favourite post of yours.

You admitted in the first bit that religion, not economic status affects economic benefits in India. Then in the second bit, you said what you think should be happening, which is the opposite of the first bit.

Keep going.

There is no contradiction.

Government of India provides reservations (affirmative action) to lower caste Hindus based on their social status based on their caste certificate.

Government of India provides benefits to all other citizens based on their economic status.

For example, look how one can get a ration card. It is not by religion but based on economic condition. There is no religion involved here.

http://mahafood.gov.in/website/english/PDS.aspx

Targeted Public Distribution System
Under the Minimum Common Need Programme of Government of India, the poor families in the State were provided food grains at subsidized rate w. e. f. 1 st June, 1997. BPL Yellow rationcard holders are provided with 35 Kgs foodgrains (Wheat + Rice) and APL Saffron rationcard holders are provided with 15 Kgs foodgrains (Wheat + Rice )
Tricolor Ration Cards Scheme
The affluent families do not purchase foodgrains under PDS and therefore with a view to curb diversion of foodgrains and provide more foodgrains to the needy families, the State Govt. introduced Tricolor ration card scheme w. e. f. 1st May, 1999. Accordingly, as per following criterias 3 different colored ration cards are issued in the State :-
Yellow Ration Cards
Under Targeted Public Distribution System the following criteria are applied :-
  1. Families having annual income up to Rs. 15,000/- having been included in IRDP List of 1997-98.
  2. None of the members in the family should be a doctor or a lawyer or an architect or a chartered accountant.
  3. None of the members in the family should be a professional tax payer, a sales tax payer or an income tax payer or eligible to pay such tax.
  4. The family should not posses residential telephone.
  5. The family should not posses four wheeler vehicle.
  6. None of the family members should hold total two hectare rain fed or one hectare semi-irrigated or 1/2 hectare irrigated (double in drought prone talukas) land.
  • The Govt. has taken decision to issue BPL Ration Card, on temporary basis to all the Vidi workers, all members of Pardhi & Kolhati community vide GR dated 9.9.2008.
  • The Govt. has taken decision to issue BPL Ration Card, on temporary basis to the Abandoned women vide G.R. dated 29.9.2008 & 21.2.2009 and amendment has been made to the same vide G.R. dated 17.1.2011
  • The Govt. has taken decision to issue BPL Ration Card on temporary basis to all the non-working cloth mills,cotton mills & sugar factories workers vide GR dated 17.3.2003.

Antyodaya Anna Yojana(AAY)
In the state Antyodaya Anna Yojana has been started w.e.f. 1st May 2001 Under this scheme 35 Kgs foodgrains ( Wheat at the rate- Rs. 2.00 per Kg+ Rice at rate Rs. 3.00 per Kg ) is distributed to the AAY cardholders.
Under this scheme the families are selected from following BPL categories..
  1. Land less agriculture labourers, marginal farmers, rural artisans/ craftsmen such as potters, tanners, weavers, blacksmiths, carpenters, slum dwellers and persons earning their livelihood on daily basis in the informal sector like porters, coolies, rickshaw pullers, hand cart pullers, fruit and flower sellers, snake charmers, rag pickers, cobblers, destitutes and other similar categories in both rural and urban areas>
  2. Households headed by Widows or Terminally ill persons or disabled persons or persons aged 60 years or more with no assured means of subsistence or social support
  3. Single widows or terminally ill persons or disabled persons or persons aged 60 years or more with no assured means of subsistence or societal support
  4. All Primitive Tribal Households ( Madia, Kolam, katkari)
  5. Household headed by leprosy patients or recovered leprosy patients are eligible to get benefits under this scheme
  6. While distributing AAY ration cards to eligible families, priority given to HIV/AIDS affected persons
Target For AAY Scheme
For this Scheme the central government has assigned a target of 25,05,300 families for the state. Details of which are as follows.

Sr. No.

Details

Year

Target (families )

Antyodaya Anna Yojana

First Extended Antyodaya Anna Yojana

Second Extended Antyodaya Anna Yojana

Third Extended Antyodaya Anna Yojana

Criteria For Saffron Ration Cards
  • Families having total annual income of more than Rs. 15,000 and less than 1 lakh.
  • None of the members in the family should have four wheeler mechanical vehicle (excluding taxi- driver).
  • The family in all should not posses four hectare or more irrigated land.

Criteria For White Ration Cards
The families having annual income of Rs. 1 Lakh or above, any member of the family possessing a four wheeler or the family aggregately holding more than 4 hectare irrigated land are issued white ration cards.

There is no contradiction.

Government of India provides reservations (affirmative action) to lower caste Hindus based on their social status based on their caste certificate.

Government of India provides benefits to all other citizens based on their economic status.

For example, look how one can get a ration card. It is not by religion but based on economic condition. There is no religion involved here.

http://mahafood.gov.in/website/english/PDS.aspx

Targeted Public Distribution System
Under the Minimum Common Need Programme of Government of India, the poor families in the State were provided food grains at subsidized rate w. e. f. 1 st June, 1997. BPL Yellow rationcard holders are provided with 35 Kgs foodgrains (Wheat + Rice) and APL Saffron rationcard holders are provided with 15 Kgs foodgrains (Wheat + Rice )
Tricolor Ration Cards Scheme
The affluent families do not purchase foodgrains under PDS and therefore with a view to curb diversion of foodgrains and provide more foodgrains to the needy families, the State Govt. introduced Tricolor ration card scheme w. e. f. 1st May, 1999. Accordingly, as per following criterias 3 different colored ration cards are issued in the State :-
Yellow Ration Cards
Under Targeted Public Distribution System the following criteria are applied :-
  1. Families having annual income up to Rs. 15,000/- having been included in IRDP List of 1997-98.
  2. None of the members in the family should be a doctor or a lawyer or an architect or a chartered accountant.
  3. None of the members in the family should be a professional tax payer, a sales tax payer or an income tax payer or eligible to pay such tax.
  4. The family should not posses residential telephone.
  5. The family should not posses four wheeler vehicle.
  6. None of the family members should hold total two hectare rain fed or one hectare semi-irrigated or 1/2 hectare irrigated (double in drought prone talukas) land.
  • The Govt. has taken decision to issue BPL Ration Card, on temporary basis to all the Vidi workers, all members of Pardhi & Kolhati community vide GR dated 9.9.2008.
  • The Govt. has taken decision to issue BPL Ration Card, on temporary basis to the Abandoned women vide G.R. dated 29.9.2008 & 21.2.2009 and amendment has been made to the same vide G.R. dated 17.1.2011
  • The Govt. has taken decision to issue BPL Ration Card on temporary basis to all the non-working cloth mills,cotton mills & sugar factories workers vide GR dated 17.3.2003.
Antyodaya Anna Yojana(AAY)
In the state Antyodaya Anna Yojana has been started w.e.f. 1st May 2001 Under this scheme 35 Kgs foodgrains ( Wheat at the rate- Rs. 2.00 per Kg+ Rice at rate Rs. 3.00 per Kg ) is distributed to the AAY cardholders.
Under this scheme the families are selected from following BPL categories..
  1. Land less agriculture labourers, marginal farmers, rural artisans/ craftsmen such as potters, tanners, weavers, blacksmiths, carpenters, slum dwellers and persons earning their livelihood on daily basis in the informal sector like porters, coolies, rickshaw pullers, hand cart pullers, fruit and flower sellers, snake charmers, rag pickers, cobblers, destitutes and other similar categories in both rural and urban areas>
  2. Households headed by Widows or Terminally ill persons or disabled persons or persons aged 60 years or more with no assured means of subsistence or social support
  3. Single widows or terminally ill persons or disabled persons or persons aged 60 years or more with no assured means of subsistence or societal support
  4. All Primitive Tribal Households ( Madia, Kolam, katkari)
  5. Household headed by leprosy patients or recovered leprosy patients are eligible to get benefits under this scheme
  6. While distributing AAY ration cards to eligible families, priority given to HIV/AIDS affected persons
Target For AAY Scheme
For this Scheme the central government has assigned a target of 25,05,300 families for the state. Details of which are as follows.

Sr. No.

Details

Year

Target (families )

Antyodaya Anna Yojana

First Extended Antyodaya Anna Yojana

Second Extended Antyodaya Anna Yojana

Third Extended Antyodaya Anna Yojana

Criteria For Saffron Ration Cards
  • Families having total annual income of more than Rs. 15,000 and less than 1 lakh.
  • None of the members in the family should have four wheeler mechanical vehicle (excluding taxi- driver).
  • The family in all should not posses four hectare or more irrigated land.

Criteria For White Ration Cards
The families having annual income of Rs. 1 Lakh or above, any member of the family possessing a four wheeler or the family aggregately holding more than 4 hectare irrigated land are issued white ration cards.
Different rules for different religions. Thank you. Come again.

Back
Top Bottom