What's new

OIC concerned over India protests

You're know nothing what you talking about , for example i claims that I am Christian lets suppose but i have different religion lets suppose Islam, so how Govt of India is able to my true religious identity, please explain me

Government of India does not know.

Many Christians actually claim that they are Hindus as that is the only way you could avail the government provided reservations (affirmative action) for education & jobs.

This is the reason why Christians in India are under reported by government's population census which is the only time government collects the information about one's religion.

Absolutely right. An Islamic Republic. How is this an "Islamic state"? How do any of these terms define the rights and privileges of minority groups?

You're blowing hot air and you know it. Plain and simple.

Hindustan knows where the Muslims are in India and it uses this knowledge as and when it deems necessary. We have already seen this happen 20 years ago. We know it will happen again. You can keep hiding as a Christian for as long as Muslims are in front of you. But sooner or later you will be asked to side with Hindutva or the other guy. Your call.

So special rules ARE allowed for distinct groups in India.

Correct.

As a Christian, I cannot get myself registered under Indian Muslim marriage act even if I were marrying a Muslim. Either I have to embrace Islam first to get registered under Indian Muslim marriage act or register my marriage under Special Marriage Act.

Government of India does not know.

Many Christians actually claim that they are Hindus as that is the only way you could avail the government provided reservations (affirmative action) for education & jobs.

This is the reason why Christians in India are under reported by government's population census which is the only time government collects the information about one's religion.
This post show you that you know nothing about the govt systems and just blabbering senseless, religious identity is must for govt to make an assessment how many Hindus/Christians/Muslims/ Jain etc etc are in the country for better planning/development of the country

How exactly does affirmative action work for a majority group?? Why would Christians pretend to be Hindus .....when surely the Christians would benefit from affirmative action??

Why are you talking rubbish?

Somebody clear this bot account out.

Correct.

As a Christian, I cannot get myself registered under Indian Muslim marriage act even if I were marrying a Muslim. Either I have to embrace Islam first to get registered under Indian Muslim marriage act or register my marriage under Special Marriage Act.
Good. Now reinstate 370 to preserve Kashmir's unique and special status. J&K acceded to India under conditions of special recognition of its unique cultural and ethnoreligious characteristics. It should stay as such.

Absolutely right. An Islamic Republic. How is this an "Islamic state"? How do any of these terms define the rights and privileges of minority groups?

You're blowing hot air and you know it. Plain and simple.

Hindustan knows where the Muslims are in India and it uses this knowledge as and when it deems necessary. We have already seen this happen 20 years ago. We know it will happen again. You can keep hiding as a Christian for as long as Muslims are in front of you. But sooner or later you will be asked to side with Hindutva or the other guy. Your call.

Government of India will know only if you want it to know.

I was saying that the current constitution of Pakistan no longer reflects the secular vision Jinnah.
can some body stop this troll @waz @The Eagle and Jinnah not even consider Secularism for Pakistan and concern your pathetic country not concern Pakistan, you pathetic troll

This post show you that you know nothing about the govt systems and just blabbering senseless, religious identity is must for govt to make an assessment how many Hindus/Christians/Muslims/ Jain etc etc are in the country for better planning/development of the country

Why does government need to know the religion of the people to plan & develop?

There are many inter-religious marriages that take place in India. Which Religion do their kids belong to?

Religion is a private matter. Government has no role in it.

How exactly does affirmative action work for a majority group?? Why would Christians pretend to be Hindus .....when surely the Christians would benefit from affirmative action??

Why are you talking rubbish?

Somebody clear this bot account out.

Indian affirmative action is based on caste categories (OBC, SC, ST etc) . Caste is a Hindu concept. It is not applicable for non-Hindus.

There are many inter-religious marriages that take place in India. Which Religion do their kids belong to?

research the govt systems, then come here to bark, you hyper troll :blah::blah::blah:

So how does your government KNOW that Muslims have a higher birth rate than Hindus in India? Why do BJP officials constantly remind their cadres of these "facts"?

Either the goi DOES have knowledge of Hindustani's religions, or the BJP is lying routinely to Indians.

Which is it?

So how does your government KNOW that Muslims have a higher birth rate than Hindus in India? Why do BJP officials constantly remind their cadres of these "facts"?

Either the goi DOES have knowledge of Hindustani's religions, or the BJP is lying routinely to Indians.

Which is it?

I have already clarified this in my earlier posts.

Government of India does not collect information about religion but there are instances where it is collected but it is up to the citizen to disclose.

For example, if I am applying to a caste certificate to avail reservation, I am disclosing to the government that I am a Hindu and I belong to so and so caste.

If I do not need a caste certificate, I do not have to disclose anything. Neither my religion nor my caste.

The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) has expressed concerns over “the recent developments pertaining to both the issue of citizenship rights and the Babri Masjid case”.

In a statement issued on Sunday, it said: “The General Secretariat of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation has been closely following recent developments affecting Muslim minority in India.”

At least 25 people have died in 10 days of demonstrations and violence after the Prime Minister Narendra Modi government passed the law.

OIC in its statement reiterated call to ensure the safety of the Muslim minority and the protection of Islamic holy places in India.

“The General Secretariat reaffirms the crucial importance of upholding the principles and obligations enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations and relevant international covenants that guarantee the rights of minorities without any discrimination.”

It also added that any action, contrary to these principles and obligations, may lead to further tensions and may have serious implications on peace and security across the region.

SOURCE: https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2019/12/22/oic-concerned-over-india-protests
Expressing concerns mean: We actually don't care, and we will not do anything.

Back
Top Bottom