What's new

Offshore Wind Power.

9GWs!? That is a hell of a lot of turbines.
It would be a lot for sure, but the offshore turbines are very large, I heard that their blades are of similar dimensions to the London Eye.
Its part of a larger 32GW project.

I wonder if you can see that from the coast.
Can India so something similar? Is it windy enough?
Not sure but i think India is still in preliminary stages like surveying areas ,configuring business models and all. The company suzlon seems to be front runner in this feild ...This http://www.mnre.gov.in/akshayurja/akshayurja-june-2011/OFFSHORE%20WIND%20POWER%20IN%20INDIA.pdf and this Suzlon Energy mulls off-shore wind power project in Gujarat might be intresting for you.

USA, England, Sweden, Denmark (North Europe) have big wind farms

9 GW? wow quite impressive
You are already have the biggest one, no?

Europe wants 40 GW wind energy by 2020 and 130 GW by 2030
Europe being number one in "alternative energies". good point.

REPower - one of the leading turbine suppliers for offshore wind power, is acquired by Indian wind power company Suzlon Energy.. Hopefully this may help setting up Offshore wind power plants in India too.. We need them more than anyone else.. I wish our politicians focus in this direction diverting their focus from the petty politics they get involved in on a regular basis..

On the side note, this can be one another area where India and Pakistan can co-operate and launch joint offshore wind power projects in Arabian sea.. Honestly, if implemented this will be a big tension reducer and power generation booster for both the countries..

REPower - one of the leading turbine suppliers for offshore wind power, is acquired by Indian wind power company Suzlon Energy.. Hopefully this may help setting up Offshore wind power plants in India too.. We need them more than anyone else.. I wish our politicians focus in this direction diverting their focus from the petty politics they get involved in on a regular basis..

On the side note, this can be one another area where India and Pakistan can co-operate and launch joint offshore wind power projects in Arabian sea.. Honestly, if implemented this will be a big tension reducer and power generation booster for both the countries..
As India and Pakistan are both still developing we should try and go renewable as we go along. We could try a joint project, even if it was just purely symbolic in order to try and reduce tensions as you said.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

USA, England, Sweden, Denmark (North Europe) have big wind farms

9 GW? wow quite impressive
You are already have the biggest one, no?

Europe wants 40 GW wind energy by 2020 and 130 GW by 2030
Europe being number one in "alternative energies". good point.
The 9GW project will take many years to complete, but yes it is very good.
I think China actually produces the most renewable energy.

self deleted

As India and Pakistan are both still developing we should try and go renewable as we go along. We could try a joint project, even if it was just purely symbolic in order to try and reduce tensions as you said.

In my opinion this is a very nice idea but unfortunately all the good ideas are thrown down the trashcan in our countries. :(

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom