What's new

Official: India Will Need To Hike Defense Spending by 30%

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

yup i wont tell u because unlike u i can afford a Lexus and u still enjoy bumpy rides in yr Maruti.:lol:

Ye to khud hi type karta hai..aur khud hi hasta hai aankehien aur dimag band karke.........par achaa lagta hai...........aur has ke bata na......:lol::lol:

Ye to khud hi type karta hai..aur khud hi hasta hai aankehien aur dimag band karke.........par achaa lagta hai...........aur has ke bata na......:lol::lol:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@levina where r u im waiting........:shout:

Or i should consider that another one who stood against me has fallen???

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@levina where r u im waiting........:shout:

Or i should consider that another one who stood against me has fallen???

HAHAHAHA.HA.....comedian hai bhai mast wala hahahaha...bhai logo iska show enjoy karo.....hahahaha

Do you even know that your country's defence budget is increased by reducing funds to other depts.
Madam Comedy show hai Umair bhai ka...kahan dimag lagane wale sawal puch rai hain AAP....abi vo floor pe pet pakad pakad ke has raha hoga..hehehe.

Madam Comedy show hai Umair bhai ka...kahan dimag lagane wale sawal puch rai hain AAP....abi vo floor pe pet pakad pakad ke has raha hoga..hehehe.
Usse toh me dimagh lagane ki umeed bhi nahi rakhti.Hoga toh lagayega naa.:omghaha:
Woh toh bas aese hi ,Mods should not be able to point a finger at me after all.:ashamed:

Official: India Will Need To Hike Defense Spending by 30% To Narrow Gap With China

bilde

Indian Army personnel keep vigilance at Bumla pass at the India-China border. Raising a new Mountain Corp for the Chinese border is part of India's plans to close its military gap with China. (Biju Boro / Agence France-Presse)

NEW DELHIIndian defense planners will need to hike defense spending by at least 30 percent for about 10 years to narrow the military differences between India and China, said an Indian Army official.

China spends over $100 billion on defense annually, about triple that of India’s more than $33 billion.

India will spend $150 billion in the next 10 years on new weapons from overseas and domestic sources, the Indian Army official. However, boosting spending 30 percent would require an additional $50 billion.

Given the current state of the Indian economy with an annual growth of less than 5 percent and a high fiscal deficit, the government will find it very difficult to find the additional money, said Nitin Mehta, defense analyst here.

The Army will need an additional $10 billion for the newly established Mountain Core of 80,000 troops to be deployed along the Chinese border. The Mountain Core, named 17 Corps, is planned to be raised in seven years.

India’s strategy of being able to fight China and Pakistan simultaneously will be difficult to achieve because of its slow pace of weapons acquisition, adds Mehta,

India will need to spend more than $6 billion on roads and related infrastructure in the next five years along the Chinese border, said the Indian Army official.

An MoD official said long-term purchase plans include buying night vision devices worth over $7 billion for more than 3,000 tanks and 1,900 combat vehicles. The military also will add aviation assets worth more than $3 billion in the next five to seven years.

Mahindra Singh, retired Indian Army major general and defense analyst, said that given the Defence Ministry’s track record in purchasing weapons and equipment through open competition, it was necessary to buy on a government-to- government basis.

To equip the Mountain Corps, the Army will need to buy about 700 light armored multipurpose vehicles, around 1,000 light strike vehicles, about 50 command post vehicles for reconnaissance and special operation, ultra light howitzers, a variety of UAVs and to weaponize existing UAVs, the Army official said.

A variety of reconnaissance, surveillance and target acquisition systems, greater firepower, and improved mobility will be needed along the Chinese border, Singh said.

Doesn't make sense for us. China has a strong local industrial base with a highly sophisticated indigenous defense production mechanism.

Its defence industry is able to churn out indigenous fighters, tanks, submarines, AWACs, frigates, corvettes, destroyers and what not. On the other hand our indigenous defence production is absolutely minimal. Despite the lies that we are 50% indigenous, we are not.

Even if under the new government we get the platforms in limbo approved and active, we are still miles behind in being able to churn out billions worth of goods. Currently Chinese defence expenditure is spend indigenously while we have to import a significant part of it.

Hiking defence budget at this point out of the normal would be pointless.

First priority of the new government post elections, will be to strengthen indigenous defence production mechanism through developing strong and robust checks in quality service standards, and to ease the process of bureaucracy. The government will have to halve the paperwork, the number of hands a file is transferred to as well as the number of approval committees that are there at every place.

Then, they will have to do something about the PSUs to get them to start working for once, especially those on top issuing orders and delaying defence projects.

Once that is done, it will take at least 5 years before we can spike our defence budget by anything more than 10% so that our indigenous industry gets benefitted.

Well Yeah it need to be hiked.....Why only 30% why not 40 or 50%..... But the real question is where does the money come from??....

Probably a stable government and a good growth will ensure.... But if the signs are true we may get a much weaker government than the current one (courtesy influential regional parties)

@Umair Nawaz... cut it mate, avoid personal attacks

Pakistan wale toh aese khus ho rahe hai jese unka Defence Budget America ke equal ho :nana:
Jese humara Budget China ke 1/3 se kam hai tumhara toh humare 1/4 se bhi kam hai :rofl:
Humhari 4.7% GDP ka mazak toh aese uda rahe hai jese inki GDP growth 8-9% ho :hitwall:
Pakistan wale dosto apni country par dyan do humari hum sambal lenge :coffee:

that much hike in defense budget is not possible. yes they will increase by 5 or 10 percent but not more than that.

@Umair Nawaz... cut it mate, avoid personal attacks
it aint no personal but i have a rivalry with this woman.

Thats your style!!! :coffee:

On topic:
Do you even know that your country's defence budget is increased by reducing funds to other depts.

Aye haaye Chipkuuu!!!
LOL thats what u think......BTW a 30% hike is way mammoth when yr own economy is facing troubles, now this tells me who is actually reducing budget of other fields to fund defence budget.:rofl:

HAHAHAHA.HA.....comedian hai bhai mast wala hahahaha...bhai logo iska show enjoy karo.....hahahaha
:blah::blah::blah:

Ok we heard u now run away.

It's not about competition. It's about conventional and non conventional minimum deterrence.

minimum but "CREDIBLE" deterrence!

Thats your style!!! :coffee:

On topic:

Aye haaye Chipkuuu!!!

While the debt keeps on increasing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom