What's new

Official British Brexit thread.

Its not just the people of the Uk that matter. We can do a referendum as well.

Evry single european nation has to agree to a deal with the UK. That means if a deal is found italy make a referendum and let the people decide if we allow the Uk to get evrything positive while not paying the price.

The british will have a hard awakeneing.

The UK is dead. All see it. The business leaves already. Its downrated and in chaos. Boris Johnson quit today because he has no plan and did all this because opportunistic behavior.

What we need is to crush the UK to make an example.
We're not resetting your refugees. Deal with it. Maybe you shouldn't have invited them in the first place?

I don't know if anybody noticed this but the value of FTSE shares is now HIGHER than it was last week. The pound is rising too.

Obviously bro. As I already said, we are a resilient power. We have faced farrrrrrrr worse situations in the past, yet we recovered and even flourished after that. Great Britain has been been a world power with high living standards, influence, strong economy way before the E. U was formed, we will carry on even after we are not in the E. U

NONE OF OUR STRENGTHS IS DEPENDENT ON THE E. U, it's because of our own skills, Diplomacy, capabilities, knowledge and shrewdness. Not because of the so called E. U.
Business is business as I always said, nobody is doing anyone any favours, this is what many naive people forget. :)

Anyway, despite our market picking up and even forging ahead of what they were before the exit, we shouldn't be complacent though as there will still be Challenges ahead due to political uncertainty until our new Prime Minister is elected and we should maintain our focus/vision of streamlining our laws, rules and trade roadmap going Forward. We need to lay out a well defined roadmap/vision/plan of how we will go about our relations with the World and the E. U.

But one thing I know is we will survive and thrive as we always have throughout these past centuries despite many people wishing us the worse. :partay:

An extract from Reuters:

Fri Jul 1, 2016 | 4:59 pm

Post BREXIT rebound sees FTSE setting biggest weekly rise since 2011
r

Traders from BGC, a global brokerage company in London's Canary Wharf financial centre react as European stock markets open early June 24, 2016 after Britain voted to leave the European Union in the EU BREXIT referendum.
REUTERS/RUSSELL BOYCE

By Atul Prakash and Alistair Smout | LONDON
(Reuters) - Britain's top share index climbed to a 10-month high on Friday and recorded its biggest weekly rise in 4-1/2 years, as hopes of fresh Bank of England stimulus lent momentum to a rebound from the slump that followed last week's Brexit vote.

The blue-chip FTSE 100 index .FTSE ended 1.1 percent higher at 6,577.83 points, rising for a fourth straight session. The benchmark index rose 7.2 percent this week, the biggest weekly advance since late 2011.

After Britain's shock vote last week to leave the European Union triggered a sharp fall, the FTSE 100 has rebounded strongly, led higher by dollar earners and commodity stocks, which are insulated from uncertainty over the domestic economy.

That has more than made up losses in the wake of the vote, with the index closing at its highest level since August 2015. The FTSE 100 is up 5.4 percent so far this year, outperforming the pan-European STOXX 600 index , down 9 percent.

"It’s been a tumultuous week in the markets, full of price swings and contrasting fortunes," said Laith Khalaf, senior analyst at Hargreaves Lansdown.

"In the midst of the uncertainty that exists, it’s easy to overlook the positive effects a lower pound will have on the stock market. Exporters will become more competitive, and UK companies with international revenues are likely to see a boost to their earnings." Sterling was trading at a three-year low against a basket of currencies on Friday.

Commodities shares were in demand, with the UK mining index .FTNMX1770 rising 2.2 percent and the energy index .FTNMX0530 1.6 percent, tracking gains in commodities prices.

Banks remained in favour after Bank of England Governor Mark Carney said on Thursday that the central bank would probably need to pump more stimulus into Britain's economy over the summer after the shock of the Brexit vote.

The UK banks index .FTNMX8350 was up 0.9 percent, helped by a 0.8 to 3.0 percent rise in Standard Chartered (STAN.L), HSBC (HSBA.L) and Barclays (BARC.L).

http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKKCN0ZF21N

We will keep dominating world financial industry BREXIT OR NOT . :pop:

Obviously bro. As I already said, we are a resilient power. We have faced farrrrrrrr worse situations in the past, yet we recovered and even flourished after that. Great Britain has been been a world power with high living standards, influence, strong economy way before the E. U was formed, we will carry on even after we are not in the E. U

NONE OF OUR STRENGTHS IS DEPENDENT ON THE E. U, it's because of our own skills, Diplomacy, capabilities, knowledge and shrewdness. Not because of the so called E. U.
Business is business as I always said, nobody is doing anyone any favours, this is what many naive people forget. :)

Anyway, despite our market picking up and even forging ahead of what they were before the exit, we shouldn't be complacent though as there will still be Challenges ahead due to political uncertainty until our new Prime Minister is elected and we should maintain our focus/vision of streamlining our laws, rules and trade roadmap going Forward. We need to lay out a well defined roadmap/vision/plan of how we will go about our relations with the World and the E. U.

But one thing I know is we will survive and thrive as we always have throughout these past centuries despite many people wishing us the worse. :partay:

An extract from Reuters:

Fri Jul 1, 2016 | 4:59 pm

Post BREXIT rebound sees FTSE setting biggest weekly rise since 2011
r

Traders from BGC, a global brokerage company in London's Canary Wharf financial centre react as European stock markets open early June 24, 2016 after Britain voted to leave the European Union in the EU BREXIT referendum.
REUTERS/RUSSELL BOYCE

By Atul Prakash and Alistair Smout | LONDON
(Reuters) - Britain's top share index climbed to a 10-month high on Friday and recorded its biggest weekly rise in 4-1/2 years, as hopes of fresh Bank of England stimulus lent momentum to a rebound from the slump that followed last week's Brexit vote.

The blue-chip FTSE 100 index .FTSE ended 1.1 percent higher at 6,577.83 points, rising for a fourth straight session. The benchmark index rose 7.2 percent this week, the biggest weekly advance since late 2011.

After Britain's shock vote last week to leave the European Union triggered a sharp fall, the FTSE 100 has rebounded strongly, led higher by dollar earners and commodity stocks, which are insulated from uncertainty over the domestic economy.

That has more than made up losses in the wake of the vote, with the index closing at its highest level since August 2015. The FTSE 100 is up 5.4 percent so far this year, outperforming the pan-European STOXX 600 index , down 9 percent.

"It’s been a tumultuous week in the markets, full of price swings and contrasting fortunes," said Laith Khalaf, senior analyst at Hargreaves Lansdown.

"In the midst of the uncertainty that exists, it’s easy to overlook the positive effects a lower pound will have on the stock market. Exporters will become more competitive, and UK companies with international revenues are likely to see a boost to their earnings." Sterling was trading at a three-year low against a basket of currencies on Friday.

Commodities shares were in demand, with the UK mining index .FTNMX1770 rising 2.2 percent and the energy index .FTNMX0530 1.6 percent, tracking gains in commodities prices.

Banks remained in favour after Bank of England Governor Mark Carney said on Thursday that the central bank would probably need to pump more stimulus into Britain's economy over the summer after the shock of the Brexit vote.

The UK banks index .FTNMX8350 was up 0.9 percent, helped by a 0.8 to 3.0 percent rise in Standard Chartered (STAN.L), HSBC (HSBA.L) and Barclays (BARC.L).

http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKKCN0ZF21N

We will keep dominating world financial industry BREXIT OR NOT . :pop:

I think its appaling that you see your european brothers as not worth anything. But its your decission to break with us so i wont bother about it.

Italy has other problems than this...like organizing funerals for terror victims and care for their families.

I think its appaling that you see your european brothers as not worth anything. But its your decission to break with us so i wont bother about it.

Italy has other problems than this...like organizing funerails for terror victims and care for their families.

Nope, nobody is saying we dont european as anything. All we are saying is that business is benefitial and no party is doing the other one a favour. We will still maintan our close ties with the E.U and trade with them accordingly. It will still be a Win-win situation.

UKIP leader Nigel Farage stands down

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36702468

Nigel Farage says he is standing down as leader of the UK Independence Party.

Mr Farage said he had "done my bit" following the UK's referendum vote to leave the EU.

He said the party was in a "pretty good place" and said he would not change his mind about quitting as he did after the 2015 general election.

Leading UKIP was "tough at times" but "all worth it" said Mr Farage, who is also an MEP. He added that the UK needed a "Brexit prime minister".

Mr Farage said the party would campaign against "backsliding" on the UK's exit from the EU, saying he planned to see out his term in the European Parliament - describing his party as "the turkeys that voted for Christmas".

He said he would not be backing a candidate to replace him, saying "may the best man or woman win".

Mr Farage said he would "bury the hatchet with anybody" including UKIP's sole MP Douglas Carswell, who tweeted an emoji picture of a smiley face as the leader's resignation was announced.

I think Mr Farage is standing down for some other reason and not the ones he mentioned.

Both Nigel and Boris are politically dead, neither actually expected the leave vote to win, and now that it has, they both have realised their mistake.

Sooo what was the campaigning all about ?! Get Britain out of the EU , then quit ? :what:

I should also add, the next prime minister, whomever that may be, will be remembered as a major figure in history. He may very well become the most hated man in the UK (or what is left of it), but his legacy will be cemented.

Unless of course Article 50 is never enacted, and the UK gov finds a way out of this mess, without leaving the EU.

He quit before but then he rejoined. Probably going to do it again.

Back
Top Bottom