What's new

Officers Detained at Dulles, Call off visit

General Mattis will have a lot to explain when he comes to Pakistan with Gen Mullen very soon.

WTF.....the americans are got fear from pakistanies lion.....In my guess PAKISTAN ARMY SHOULD DO tit for tat......when the americans army officers come in pak on a official visit then they they should be treat like this in same way as in they treated our peoples in usa......thats realy disgusting for whole usa nation....they called them self a civilaized nation they dont know the mean of an official visit....strange............:sniper:

To protest against the misbehavior by the American authorities at the Dallas Airport, nine officers of Pakistan Army have cancelled their visit the US CENTCOM.

Pakistan Military Review: Pakistan Army Officers Cancel Their Visit US CENTCOM

The head of the delegation, a two-star general of Pakistan Army asked the brigadier to cooperate with the TSA and brigadier disclosed his identity. Brigadier along with other members of the delegations were removed from the flight and detained for hours.

The leader of the Pakistani delegation showed TSA officials an invitation letter from the US CENTCOM, confirming that they were going to Tampa for a meeting. He also showed them all the passports that identified the delegation as senior military officers. There was no response for about 15-20 minutes and then the airline and security officials asked the entire delegation to get off the plane.

Pakistani officials showed them their passports and the invitation letter by the US CENTCOM but there was no response to that and “the delegation was detained for two hours, telling them nothing, not allowing them to talk to anyone,” a Pakistani official have told.

Knowing the paranoia state the US and its people are in and with past record of misbehaving by these airport and security guys.

The US military or the govt should have deputed uniformed liaison with the delegation or any delegation, thus saving the embarrassment to itself and the visiting dignitaries.

This was expected from the US.

And i fully support the decision by the delegation to return as even after having told them and shown them passports and other documents, the behavior shown by the US authorities was not justified no matter what kind of paranoia disease they have.

Hope the US authorities take some correctional steps and next time they don't misbehave and insult any dignitary or delegation.

In that case humey agar abhi be Gharat nahi aye, to humara mu he ya mangata hai ke humrey sath aisa salook kia jaye.

In other words "Don't bite the hand that feed you".

Well we can always Cut that Hand by just pulling few toops from Afghan Border and USA Secuirty officals will know the importance of pakistan Army

This one time, I was asked "Why are you coming to the US?", I said, for my cousins wedding. She shreaks "Whaaaat? You've travelled thousands of miles to attend a cousins wedding? That's not a good enough reason, give me a good reason". Wtf? Get a little cultural education, Pakistanis do give a damn about family values.

They are incompetent if they are not genuinely assholes.

Don't like it...don't come.

Pretty simple.

Knowing the paranoia state the US and its people are in and with past record of misbehaving by these airport and security guys.

The US military or the govt should have deputed uniformed liaison with the delegation or any delegation, thus saving the embarrassment to itself and the visiting dignitaries.

This was expected from the US.

And i fully support the decision by the delegation to return as even after having told them and shown them passports and other documents, the behavior shown by the US authorities was not justified no matter what kind of paranoia disease they have.

Hope the US authorities take some correctional steps and next time they don't misbehave and insult any dignitary or delegation.

Everyone gets treated the same general to janitor....the sub-continental deference to "superior ranks" is not present in the US. No wonder people from Pakistan and India are surprised when their dignitaries are treated the same as everyone else.

9/11 changed the rules on flying.

Known Facts: General says some thing offensive to stewardess, she complains, he is arrested on arival as would happen to anyone.

Yeh he must have said to her "You are one heck of an ugly geek"

:angel: Yankees need to educate these uneducated employees who can not recognise a letter from even CENTCOM or may be that was the biggest sign of a terrorist organisation which piss.ed her off ;)

This is height of illiteracy on the parts of yankees to fail to understand figurative speech

some thing you guys chose to ignore........

The officers were detained after one of them made what a flight attendant considered to be an “inappropriate remark”:undecided:on the way to Dulles, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. That officer was removed from the flight after it landed,

The inappropriate remark was "I hope this is my last flight"

Don't like it...don't come.

Pretty simple.

Is it ?

'Unwelcoming' US sees sharp fall in visitors since 9/11
(AFP) – Nov 1, 2007

WASHINGTON (AFP) — The number of foreign visitors to the United States has plummeted since the September 11, 2001 attacks on New York and Washington because foreigners don't feel welcome, tourism professionals said Thursday.

"Since September 11, 2001, the United States has experienced a 17 percent decline in overseas travel, costing America 94 billion dollars in lost visitor spending, nearly 200,000 jobs and 16 billion dollars in lost tax revenue," the Discover America advocacy campaign said in a statement.
Chairman Stevan Porter lamented the "extraordinary decline" in the number of overseas visitors to the United States, while the advocacy group's executive director, Geoff Freeman, blamed the slump on the shabby welcome many foreigners feel they get in the United States.
"It's clear what's keeping people away in the post-9/11 environment: it is the perception around the world that travelers aren't welcome," Freeman told AFP.

"Travelers around the world feel the US entry experience is among the world's worst," Freeman said, calling on the US government to work with the private sector to make visa acquisition more efficient, the entry process traveler-friendly, and to improve communication.

The head of the Travel Industry Association, Roger Dow, at a recent briefing for reporters also stressed the importance "of the welcome we issue to people.

"What affects travel and tourism affects our economy and our image around the world. Travel and tourism is the face of America, whether it's people coming here or Americans going elsewhere," he said.

"It's the person coming from India to look at a company in America for parts, or a person from South America who can't get into the country for a conference because he can't get a visa," Dow said.

The Discover America Partnership was set up by US business leaders last year to try to redress the flagging image of the United States through a campaign of public diplomacy, waged equally by the government, business and public.

"The greatest public diplomacy tool America has is her people. Those who have visited the US and interacted with the American people consistently feel more positive about the US than those who have not visited," the advocacy group says on its website, citing the Global Attitudes Project of the Pew Research Center, a think tank based in Washington.

Last year, only 56 percent of Britons had a positive opinion of the United States compared with 83 percent in 2000, the Pew Global Attitudes report for 2006 shows.

Thirty-nine percent of French people saw the United States in a positive light last year, compared with 62 percent in 2000.

In Turkey 12 percent had good things to say about the United States last year -- 40 percentage points down on 2000.

"The United States has to do what every other nation in the world does, and that is to promote itself to visitors," Freeman said.

"If you look at visitor numbers from the UK before 9/11, we had 4.8 million visitors. Last year, the number was 4.1 million.

"Looking to 2010, the Department of Commerce is projecting an increase in those numbers, but only of one percent over the course of 10 years.
"If I ran a business that had one percent growth in 10 years, I'd be fired," Freeman said.

AFP: 'Unwelcoming' US sees sharp fall in visitors since 9/11

some thing you guys chose to ignore........

The officers were detained after one of them made what a flight attendant considered to be an “inappropriate remark”:undecided:on the way to Dulles, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. That officer was removed from the flight after it landed,

Here is what happened (I think largely due to language barrirer as the Pakistani Officer must have meant i hope this is last flight in USA and i can reach my destination (CENTCOM HQ) as they might have traveled in 3-4 air planes to reach there and may have been tired.
Daily Times Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Armymen cancel US visit over ‘mistreatment’

LAHORE: A group of Pakistan Army officers have cancelled a visit to the US CENTCOM to protest against the alleged misbehaviour they had to face at the Dallas Airport, a private TV channel reported on Tuesday.

The army delegation boarded a flight from the Dallas Airport to attend a US Defence Department meeting.

Once inside the United Airlines plane, one of the delegation members remarked that he hoped the flight proved to be their last flight and they soon reached their destiny. However, a passenger who overheard them mistook the officials for terrorists. The airport security staff was alerted, who “questioned the Pakistani delegation and misbehaved with them”.

The US Defence Department has apologised for the incident, however the delegation has decided to return home. daily times monitor
---
Anyway this is not the fault of US Military at all.They had nothing to do with this.TSA Guys are well known even in US for being assholes.

Last edited:
You r absolutely right...they will try to invade very soon..maybe within a year or at most two:woot:...but insha-Allah ..this will be their last breath on earth..:cheesy:..they dont even know what Allah subhanaho planned for them...insha-Allah we r going to enjoy the real game very soon just hold ure breath for now ..let them start their game and see what happens with them...this will Alhamdolillah change the world for ever with "HAQ" be the supreme ruler insha-Allah...:pakistan::pdf:

Yes, God will come to the planet, save us from the US! Anyways, please overcome the religious fixation because this thread has nothing to do with religion. You know when (if) they start their game, you will be bombed by every angle--Anyways, even though I am a Canadian national, I will never visit the U.S.! Their politicians contributed to a genocide and I condemn it in my own capacity. You know when you encounter those situations, over react to it by giving a sh t to the officials because you will get it anyways. I have travelled back and forth, look in the eyes of the officials and talk to them. Point the finger at them if they give you sh t because of their paranoia!

Back
Top Bottom