What's new

Ocalan calls for PKK terrorists to lay down arms

What are you talking about? I know many Turkish people that married a Kurdish person, how can they not live together? If they can live together on a micro-level, than they can live together on a macro-level.

The rest of your message is just dangerous talk. The way you wrote it, seems like you just want ethnic minorities to clash with their respective countries.

I think you know nothing about Kurds.

For second paragraph: there are already ethnic conflicts in Turkey, Syria, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan. To enlighten your mind, I'll give you a short summary.

Syria: Arab Shia, Arab Sunni, Turk and Kurd.
Iraq: Arab Sunni, Arab Shia, Turk and Kurd.
Iran: Persian, Azerbaijani Turk, Arab, Kurd, Balouch.
Afghanistan: Pashtuns, Tajik, Hazara and Uzbek.
Turkey: Turk and Kurd.

Apperantly you never understood what Great Middleast Project is. If death is inevitable, try to enjoy it. If you are going to lose eastern Anatolia, take northern Iran and northern A-stan. Smaller Turkey may be sacrificed for Greater Turkistan. Hell with Muslim unity, i dont give a fvck. Even Heathens dont do What Muslims do to Muslims.

The lack of Turkish flags could also be that the culture/heritage behind Norooz in not Turkish.

Well, I do not wanna derail the topic but it seems you have no idea about turkish culture and nevruz. In your eyes, nevruz belongs to Iranian culture. I advise you to do research a little bit.

Nevruz is celebrated as traditional celebrations in Azerbaijan , Kazakhstan , Kyrgyzstan , Turkmenistan , Uzbekistan , Tatarstan, the Uygur region, and Turkiye. Nevruz appears in the Twelve Animal Turkish Calendars--twelve animal calendars is known as Chinese calender but, according to Édouard Chavannes, a French sinologist, proposed 'Le Cycle turc des Douze Animaux' that Twelve Animal Turkish Calendars originated among the turkic people in central Asia and North Asia. Then it speed into China during the first centuryThe Animal and the Daemon in Early China - Roel Sterckx - Google Kitaplar--and had been known to the Turks and celebrated by them for a very long time. The term Nevruz in writing first appeared in Persian records in the 2nd century AD (it is also known that nevruz was celebrated in 5th century BC in Persian Empire). According to Chinese Professor Chin Chung Main research on ancient Chinese Calendars, in B.C 8th. centuries there were Turkic tribes named "Ti"s and Nung-li who were using a calender which was accepting March as the month of the New Year according to the sun and moon. Also, in the Chou dynasty history, in the section of "Göktürk Permit" it is saying "Gokturks celebrate the time as New Year's Eve when plants flourished". You can get other information about nevruz in this link ..:: REPUBLIC OF TURKEY MINISTRY OF CULTURE AND TOURISM ::... As you can see nevruz originally does not belong to one nation who claim opposite as they do for everything in the region. Ans last thing, the flags issue is not related to nevruz wnether belongs to our culture or nor. it is totally different aspect.

On topic, I support peace but I am afraid that the process my be sabotaged by others players who have been supporting PKK for a long time. Besides, my other fear is that today Ocalan is exalted; the new bills will be passed in the parliament; KCK/PKK terrorist will be released from the prison; and if something goes wrong PKK will have more advantages than today. As you remember, in 2012 our professional soldiers and police did very very good job and PKK was smashed up. So, they will have more advantage if the peace process is sabotaged. In addition, if we want to be successful, we should have eradicated the support of PKK in both economically and politically as well as human source which depends on education. So I am hoping that, this process can reach a good result without jeopardizing our unity and integrity.

Who the fvck cares if they waved Turkish flags next to terrorists leader's flag? I personally wouldn't have taken it as a good sign but as an insincerity.

Once we get rid of this parasite, Turkey will swiftly become a country which both Turks and Kurds can be proud of. Once the wealth, education and living standarts of eastern parts of Turkey increased, Turkish flags will replace those terrorist posters. But, we should make it clear that PKK has always been an obstacle for these devolopments. Decades later, Kurds should think: PKK wasn't the reason why we are enjoying more democratic rights and wealth but it was the reason why it took so long to become what we are now.

First time in the history of this forum I agree with you :)

the turkish state has failed monumentally to deal with a terrorist group of max 6000 men.
it appears that they had abolished capital punishment just to feed a terrorist with 5-star luxury and to later release him.
well done, government(!)
what next i wonder.

krølbååx;4076126 said:
the turkish state has failed monumentally to deal with a terrorist group of max 6000 men.
it appears that they had abolished capital punishment just to feed a terrorist with 5-star luxury and to later release him.
well done, government(!)
what next i wonder.

Turkey has killed almost 40.000 terrorist since 80s. Only last year, 1558 terrorist rendered ineffective, 1000 of them has been killed, the others were either wounded, captured alive or surrendered. You see, no matter how many you kill, they always seem to find more recruits, mostly from Kurds in Turkey, Syria and Iran; and always keeping their numbers steady at 5000-6000.

You have no idea what's going on...

This is correct but what he says is also true öcalans life in prison is much better than the life of many turks in villages and turks in other country just wait they will let öcalan out of prison.

the turkish state and the army does not know asymmetric warfare tactics or the army knows but they're not "let" to use it and intervened politically. i very well know that those 6000 terrorist will pop again if you fail to eliminate them all at once and cut their income and supply lines.
whatever...it's too late now. kurds will probably get autonomy and keep eating that sweet tax money collected from the turkish citizens elsewhere in the country. i guess they'll also keep using electricity without paying and gratis health services.

krølbååx;4077967 said:
the turkish state and the army does not know asymmetric warfare tactics or the army knows but they're not "let" to use it and intervened politically. i very well know that those 6000 terrorist will pop again if you fail to eliminate them all at once and cut their income and supply lines.
whatever...it's too late now. kurds will probably get autonomy and keep eating that sweet tax money collected from the turkish citizens elsewhere in the country. i guess they'll also keep using electricity without paying and gratis health services.

Apparently, you are not as clueless as i thought you were.

As for asymmetric warfare; i'd dare to say Turkish Army is one of the best in the world when it comes to dealing with asymmetric threats. The numbers i gave you in my previous post is a clear proof of that, but you are right about how there have been many political obstacles for the Army to deal with that threat properly. But, dealing with such a huge terrorist organization that enjoys support from so many different countries is not an easy job. As you meantioned, cutting their incomes and supply lines is crucial, but it is not an easy job either since significant amount of their income comes from its sympathisers in Europe while European countries hasn't been willing to cooparate with Turkey on that.

Turkish state have decided to follow a different approach today, which i fully support. Autonomy is out of the question, and if we can manage to get rid of it by these peace talks, we won't have to concern about where our tax money is going to nor about paying for electricty that we hadn't used, but more importantly there won't be any more deaths. If it fails, those political obstacles for the army will vanish and with the help of the new platfroms such as ANKA uav and T-129, there will be a bloodbath. IMO, it is a win-win situation for us, that is why i'm supporting it.

The funny is these pkk are going to iran. A camp in sjehidan where the pjak is in controle:azn:. Fine next time bomb that camp with iranians.

PKK withdrawal to start in eight to 10 days: BDP deputy Önder

Önder, who joined most of the parliamentary delegations carrying letters between the PKK's jailed leader Abdullah Öcalan and the organization's military headquarters in the Kandil Mountains of northern Iraq, said important preparations were being made to ensure that the withdrawal is completed in a secure environment.

"All the factions constituting the Kurdistan Communities Union [KCK - the alleged urban wing of the PKK] are very determined to put into practice Öcalan's proposition and consolidate it," he said.

Önder also added that an educational program was being developed to assist the transition of PKK cadres into civil politics. Asked if the leaders of the PKK were "hopeful," Önder said they were confident in their organization. "What the public can't see about the matter is this: They are not only fighters. They are insightful enough to almost build a life from zero and have hope in humanity," he said.

A separate report in daily Radikal also stated that the withdrawal could start next week. The newspaper's Ankara reporter Deniz Zeyrek wrote that the PKK had started preparations after Öcalan gave assurances in a letter delivered last week. "The executive council of the PKK gathered on April 18 and gave orders to complete the withdrawal plans in the shortest possible timeframe," the report said.

POLITICS - PKK withdrawal to start in eight to 10 days: BDP deputy Önder

Back
Top Bottom