What's new

Obama's security dog named 'Khan': Muslims irked

Mirza Jatt

Reaction score
Country
India
Obama's security dog named 'Khan': Muslims irked

Muslims in Mumbai [ Images ] are up in arms against a United States military sniffer dog allegedly with name tag of 'Khan' that has landed in the city as part of President Barack Obama [ Images ] security arrangements.

On Tuesday, the German Shepherd arrived in the Mumbai airport from a Hercules C130 transport plane. The German Shepherd allegedly had a tag around its neck which read 'MWD Khan.' MWD stands for Military Working Dog. Khan is alleged to be the name of the dog.

Angry Muslims in the city and the state are threatening to protest this 'insult' to the community.

The issue became a rage when a tabloid had reported the incident and quoted veteran actor Raza Murad objecting to the dog being named 'Khan.'

Though noted lyricist Javed Akhtar [ Images ] had been quoted to ignore the issue and focus on welcoming the VIP guest.

Maharashtra [ Images ] Samajwadi Party leader MLA Abu Asim Azmi also threatened to undertake a protest. He said that the US deliberately wants to incite the Muslims through such acts and the party would stage a protest on the issue.

Prominent Muslim religious heads have expressed anger and dismay on the information of a US dog being named 'Khan.' Maulana Syed Athar Ali said that it is a known fact that Muslims detest pigs and dogs.

"To name a dog a Muslim name by US security agencies is to deliberately incite the Muslim community. We would be meeting soon and devise a strategy to protest and seek apology from the US," said Maulana Athar Ali.

Obama's security dog named 'Khan': Muslims irked - Rediff.com India News

They don't left a single chance to play politics. and that dog's name should not be 'khan' as well if it actually means muslim name.

It's their dog ... let them name it what ever they want.

Be it khan or ram or jesus (are there any more?) ... who cares .. it's just a dog's name. Get over it people! Don't get involved in other people life's.

Americans are best idiots in the world. When they have opportunity to earn some softness, they intentionally and with effort spoil that.

Gen Hameed Gul Said, America finally does right things after it has consumed all the wrong options.

it all perception , tommy ,jacky ,khan seems same to them ,they seems to be tooo liberal you see

Beethoven, nick , tom jerry dick harry........... even these are also names and what if the dog handler was a Muslim and he wanted to have his dog named khan ? politics man these fools want to take advantage of every thing.........
well in how many muslim countries (including in india where large population of muslim lives ) there are dogs named khan or any muslim name for that matter even in some hindu homes they have names like ram shiva mani for their dogs y dont that come up........... just because it comes to Obama's security dog they want to cash in........... what a losers..........

"Khan" is not even traditionally a muslim name...it came from the nomads of Central Asia.

It came from the famous Genghis Khan..after Mongols sacked Baghdad and took control of Muslim lands.

Khan is actually a russian / slavic origin name. There are many in central asia and russia named khan or kahn!

ORIGIN AND HISTORY

The last name of Khan is an ancient one, a derivation of the Turkish word khan meaning "chief", "ruler", or "nobleman".

Originally, it was a inherited title used by male Tartar and Mongol leaders in the 1200s, but eventually became used throughout the Muslim world as a last name for both men and women.[1][1]
DEFINITIONS

The name of Khan has the following definitions:
Definition 1: Serves as a title of respect used in Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, and other Asian countries.
Definition 2: Sometimes spelled as "han," it is a medieval Central Asian roadside inn. [1]

Khan - WikiName

When i was in high school i had a dog, German Shepherd i named it " Reagan " in 80's.

I do not know what the problem is, because we also name our dogs like Tommy, Jimmy right. Someone can say it is a Christian name.

it's not about the origin or the real meaning of this word but about the intention behind naming that chimpanzee's dog 'khan'.

on a side note: one of my chinese friends calls his penis 'd!ck cheney' and i use the word 'bush' for my pubic hair and according to urban dictionary 'obama' is the slang word for 'penis' --- so a dog name is no biggie!

:cheers:

it's not about the origin or the real meaning of this word but about the intention behind naming that chimpanzee's dog 'khan'.

on a side note: one of my chinese friends calls his penis 'd!ck cheney' and i use the word 'bush' for my pubic hair and according to urban dictionary 'obama' is the slang word for 'penis' --- so a dog name is no biggie!

:cheers:

And you guys complain about others offending you! :hitwall::hitwall:

No one really cares what you call your dogs/parts .... the only one who would be interested would be you. :hang2:

My friend's neighbor in US had named his dog Moh***d when there was a controversy about the pictures.

Everyone does it ... not a big deal!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom