What's new

Obama signs Kerry Lugar bill

See the issue is not that the bill will somehow be a hurdle in the Military's way of conducting things. I've said it before, if the military deems it too much of a hassle, they'll just go around it. The problem is that, if the US deems Pakistan is not fulfilling its "duties" to them, this bill will provide the present PPP government and the US the license to put the blame entirely on the Pakistani Armed Forces. In international eyes, it will be our Armed Forces that will be the culprits, (we will have take responsibility for the security of the Americans in Afghanistan, for example) even though the Army never willingly agreed to the terms in the first place.

Pakistan needs economic assistance right now, there can be no denying that. It is a wise move on the part of the Americans to become the "saviors" of this nation in these times of crisis, and say "all we ask in return is that you help our cause". Their cause could be anything on any given day. If we've learnt anything in the last 8 years, it's that the Americans are always changing their objectives to suit the current situation of things. By receiving this aid, we will not be selling our national security, but we will be forfeiting our rights to execute it the way we desire.

Don't get me wrong. I am all for civilian control of military affairs. That is where I would like to see us eventually. However, not this civilian government, not under this President at least. No way.

Now is the time for a Long March. It is time for impeachment, before the Army is bound to take action. Anyone who is serious about saving democracy in Pakistan, and preventing another coup, should be ready for action.

See the issue is not that the bill will somehow be a hurdle in the Military's way of conducting things. I've said it before, if the military deems it too much of a hassle, they'll just go around it. The problem is that, if the US deems Pakistan is not fulfilling its "duties" to them, this bill will provide the present PPP government and the US the license to put the blame entirely on the Pakistani Armed Forces. In international eyes, it will be our Armed Forces that will be the culprits, (we will have take responsibility for the security of the Americans in Afghanistan, for example) even though the Army never willingly agreed to the terms in the first place.

Pakistan needs economic assistance right now, there can be no denying that. It is a wise move on the part of the Americans to become the "saviors" of this nation in these times of crisis, and say "all we ask in return is that you help our cause". Their cause could be anything on any given day. If we've learnt anything in the last 8 years, it's that the Americans are always changing their objectives to suit the current situation of things. By receiving this aid, we will not be selling our national security, but we will be forfeiting our rights to execute it the way we desire.

Don't get me wrong. I am all for civilian control of military affairs. That is where I would like to see us eventually. However, not this civilian government, not under this President at least. No way.

Now is the time for a Long March. It is time for impeachment, before the Army is bound to take action. Anyone who is serious about saving democracy in Pakistan, and preventing another coup, should be ready for action.

Dear ,PAFAce! sir
i guss you are somewhere, but what , if the next GOP will be worst thn that?:azn:

KLB will give Indian claims legitimacy and a supporting evidence that Pakistan is keeping Terrorist Camps which are causing Terrorism in India. This is a new kind of weapon that India has discovered and they can press our central-nerve anytime just by killing over 50 countrymen on the date they like. Since we have accepted the wording of KLB that states we are keeping terrorist camps in Mureedkay and Azad Kashmir, in the case of future attacks on Indian soils, Indian planes will dare to cross the International Borders and whole fcuking word will put finger upon us that it is we who must do action against terrorist as they existed and are still operational and caused menace in India.

if one has $hit filled in skill instead of brain, even that person will be able to see the implications of such agrements. What is this fcuking government trying to achieve? They are worse than wh0re that only sells her body but the government has sold every single thing they could, including dignity, National Interests and Courage to stand before Bl00dy Americans!

Given the numerous negative and fearful comments in PDF threads, and many others in the Pakistani media regarding the Kerry-Lugar Bill, I am afraid that many Pakistanis are suffering from hysterical paranoia:

Paranoia is a thought process characterized by excessive anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs concerning a perceived threat towards oneself.

An important feature of paranoid thinking is its centrality: that the paranoid person perceives himself as central figures in an experienced scenario which may be either dangerous (persecutory) or self-exalting (grandiose) and interprets events which have no reference to them in reality as directed at or about them.

Given the numerous negative and fearful comments in PDF threads, and many others in the Pakistani media regarding the Kerry-Lugar Bill, I am afraid that many Pakistanis are suffering from hysterical paranoia:

Paranoia is a thought process characterized by excessive anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs concerning a perceived threat towards oneself.

An important feature of paranoid thinking is its centrality: that the paranoid person perceives himself as central figures in an experienced scenario which may be either dangerous (persecutory) or self-exalting (grandiose) and interprets events which have no reference to them in reality as directed at or about them.

Here is another definition from Wikipedia you might find interesting. And it is not in reference to Pakistan.

In psychology-related slang, control freak is a derogatory term for a person who attempts to dictate how everything around them is done. It can also refer to someone with a limited number of things that they want done a specific way; professor of clinical psychology Les Parrott wrote that "Control Freaks are people who care more than you do about something and won't stop at being pushy to get their way."

In some cases, the control freak sees their constant intervention as beneficial or even necessary; this can be caused by feelings of superiority, believing that others are incapable of handling matters properly, or the fear that things will go wrong if they don't attend to every detail. In other cases, they may simply enjoy the feeling of power it gives them so much that they automatically try to gain control of everything around them.

^^^^^ So, I guess your analysis is that some (unnamed) control freaks are making Pakistanis paranoid? You might be right. I think the US Congress is about 97% control freak. Even if so, it doesn't change the result that much moaning and wailing has been done for no good reason .....

^^^^^ So, I guess your analysis is that some (unnamed) control freaks are making Pakistanis paranoid? You might be right. I think the US Congress is about 97% control freak. Even if so, it doesn't change the result that much moaning and wailing has been done for no good reason .....

Dear TruthSeeker.
ever tried to think , what are the real reasons, behind US droping ITS rankinGs?
i guss no
ITS DAM CIA'sdictation? to the poorer nations!

Dear TruthSeeker.
ever tried to think , what are the real reasons, behind US droping ITS rankinGs?
i guss no
ITS DAM CIA'sdictation? to the poorer nations!

Batmannow,
Sorry, But I don't understand your question, i.e., the two bolded phrases. If you really want a response from me, please explain further. If your comment was just to annoy me, don't bother.

:usflag: :agree: :pakistan:

Batmannow,
Sorry, But I don't understand your question, i.e., the two bolded phrases. If you really want a response from me, please explain further. If your comment was just to annoy me, don't bother.

:usflag: :agree: :pakistan:

what. i mean is 8 years of BUSH admin, s dictation towards a poor nation like pakistan! does USA get what it wanted most ? i meean a win in AFGHANISTAN!:azn:

So much in my mind, what's to say.. what's not! But just want to summarize that all;

"Mera tareeq ameeri nahi fakeeri hay"
"Khudi na baych, Ghareebi may naam paida ker
":cry:
(Dr. Allama Iqbal)

Long live :pakistan:

KLB is the prime example of Servant Master relationship.
The PPP acted more catholic than the pope. PML(N) made fake noise just like a prostitute does when she gets good money. In the end this piece of ***** goes through and GOP and opposition continue to play there fake WWE match while the general populace oblivious to the fact that they have been sold as expendable commodity.

Though i too have some reservation about KLB IMO it wont change things much 1.5 billion is insignificant amount if we compare it to our budget moreover not all of the aid is beeing directly given to Govt portion of it will come through USAID and NGO's,so even if we dont follow some of its conditions and the aid gets suspended it wont make big difference,so why call it a servent master relationship?we're not dying for aid.
However the role of Haqqani in this context was way much disastrous for us then the bill itself he was acting as if he were an Indian ambassador.

Last edited:
1.5 billion is insignificant amount

Salute to your intention! :disagree: (You must be one from the side PML(N), who said about the (so called) aid,"Its just a peanut").

For God sake! Don't sell your soul for the sake of so called significant or insignificant amount.:angry:

Salute to your intention! :disagree: (You must be one from the side PML(N), who said about the (so called) aid,"Its just a peanut").

For God sake! Don't sell your soul for the sake of so called significant or insignificant amount.:angry:
Well have you read my post carefully? I was clarifying that KLB is not a master servent relationship but you without using 1% of your head and started making stupid assumptions about me,:crazy::angry:You PPP jeyalay... (oops!!me doing the same insane thing:lol:)

Last edited:
It is not 1.5 billion. i can bet on it.
Poor Pakistanis does not even know how much income tax Zardari and Sharif paid in last two years.. how come are they going to confirm if even 1 penny is spent on development.
Your democratic govt. will never let you have your hands to the facts.
We should thank god that it was US bill not Pak bill....other wise it may not have been available on internet for every one to see.

All the money will be spent on financing and strengthening TTP and blackwater.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom