What's new

Obama In India!!

India is a big market , its obvious that USA want Indians in their league ... and India is also part of BRIC , so US will do its best to defect the relationship between Russians and Indians , we might be hearing same old Statements from Obama , that Pakistan should counter terrorist along LOC and finish terrorist hideouts blah blah blah ... after all modi will be in need of a black guy polishing his b@lls
dont get me wrong, but few days ago, weren't ur Nordic generals polishing his black b@lls for aid ???

dont get me wrong, but few days ago, weren't ur Nordic generals polishing his black b@lls for aid ???

They were...however i will rather use more polite words. Anyways look India is a powerful nation and Pakistan will have to keep stretching to make sure they give India a bloody nose should we try something sinister...gullible netizens can say whatever there egos will allow them to be, however anybody with an iota of interest in geo-politics would know that this is a very significant move and is big enough to send jitters across ...It is quiet logical that Obama will not visit India for some photo-op and neither Modi would be interested in just that...what does it practically means??

- It seems India has finally decided that so called non-allignment might not work in this era where Chinese clout is increasing every day...I mean look at the so called drama that unfolded when Chinese premier was in India.. Looks like Modi has made up his mind in this front...
- I won't be surprised if some big ticket items are concluded in this visit especially in defense procurement and tech transfer..

not really , you or i dont know what our COAS talk to US authorities .. but mark my words , that when obama will be in India , he will give statements to please Delhi ...against Pak..

not really , you or i dont know what our COAS talk to US authorities .. but mark my words , that when obama will be in India , he will give statements to please Delhi ...against Pak..

If that is true which i also believe would be the case then don't you think somewhere your establishment(civilian and military) is missing the point?

If that is true which i also believe would be the case then don't you think somewhere your establishment(civilian and military) is missing the point?

no, they are not ... dont you notice that as our COAS went to US , the Russian Delegation come to Pak , i am sure US know that if they dont fulfill the Pakistan requirements than they can move on ...politics in the region is changing , India is intentional business for US , you guys are boosting market ..

not really , you or i dont know what our COAS talk to US authorities
by ur post about polishing, i was almost certain u knew the innards of those biggies.
.. but mark my words , that when obama will be in India , he will give statements to please Delhi ...against Pak..
ohh, that goes without saying. indian pres knows it, pak press knows it. but still there will be a big hullabaloo for it.
the only difference is, his statements, while in inda, would be more hurtful towards islamabad, than the case, if mr. obama would have been in pak.
i guess what obama really says will be indoors and the blah blah blah (pak should rein in the terrorists and india should show restraint etc etc) shall be for the world media.

by ur post about polishing, i was almost certain u knew the innards of those biggies.
ohh, that goes without saying. indian pres knows it, pak press knows it. but still there will be a big hullabaloo for it.
the only difference is, his statements, while in inda, would be more hurtful towards islamabad, than the case, if mr. obama would have been in pak.
i guess what obama really says will be indoors and the blah blah blah (pak should rein in the terrorists and india should show restraint etc etc) shall be for the world media.

no i dont know and probably none will know that COAS will talk to US authorities unless ISPR give a statement ..
well Obama is also looking for next tenure , his popularity is going down ..he might need some partners , upcoming years will be so much important for this region ...
obama will visit Islamabad , when situation in pak will be a little bit better , right now islamabad is full of peoples .. that will clear many things

Obama sure looks desperate nowadays...after effects of American & British defeat in Afghanistan & Pakistan.

I didn't knew Allied forces were deployed in Pakistan also,please enlighten us more

no, they are not ... dont you notice that as our COAS went to US , the Russian Delegation come to Pak , i am sure US know that if they dont fulfill the Pakistan requirements than they can move on ...politics in the region is changing , India is intentional business for US , you guys are boosting market ..

Dude in an international relation there will always be national interest..so even if bold part is true how does it change any equation?...now about Russians coming in or not is a question we should leave for time to answer...however what is true for US(big market) can't be false for Russia, no??

Dude in an international relation there will always be national interest..so even if bold part is true how does it change any equation?...now about Russians coming in or not is a question we should leave for time to answer...however what is true for US(big market) can't be false for Russia, no??

National interest in indeed priority , but right now india is more important to us than Pakistan .. all we have to see if Pakistan Establishment goes for their National interest or again make a blunder

Why would we keep him?

He is worst US president from India's perspective in past 15 years. India has better relation with US under Republicans, even though liberal mainstream media of India believe is drunk on "hope and change" Koolaid.

Could you just 'lose' him then ? We don't want him back. 'Lose' that bitch of a wife, too please. I never understood why we 'hitched our wagon' to the Pakistanis' instead of India in the first place. WTF ?:usflag:

A toast to India and three cheers for Pak
Delhi jubilant but neighbour scores with Obama call, China cash & Russian military deal

Nov. 22: Even as hurried toasts were proposed last night in south Delhi’s upscale drawing rooms following a surprise prime-time announcement about Barack Obama’s second coming to India and BJP ministers smugly sat back in Lutyens Delhi marvelling over another diplomatic coup by their government, the ground quietly shifted from under the feet of Narendra Modi, the author of what could be the biggest transformation in Indian strategic thinking in many decades.

Those who were celebrating the Prime Minister’s second “conquest” of America in as many months did not know on Friday night that the US President had first telephoned Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif before the White House announced Obama’s decision to accept Modi’s invitation to be chief guest at next year’s Republic Day celebrations.

The few on Raisina Hill, the fountainhead of Modi’s authority, who knew that Obama had put through his call to Sharif decided that it was expedient to ignore the harsh reality of how much the US and Pakistan are joined at the hip. Acknowledging it would have poured cold water on the night’s celebratory mood.

Obama’s call to Sharif from Air Force One, the presidential jet, on its way from Washington to Las Vegas was not the only subterranean tremor that shifted the ground from under Modi’s feet on a night that was to be triumphantly his.

Almost at the very moment that Modi tweeted Obama’s January 26 plans, China leaked details of how it intends to invest $45.6 billion in Pakistan between now and 2020. Given the size of Pakistan’s economy and its capacity to absorb investments, the amount that China is investing in Pakistan following Sharif’s visit to Beijing a few days ago is proportionately equal to at least $200 billion if such funds were to have been negotiated with an economy of India’s size and scope.

In one sweep, it throws out of the window the spin being orchestrated by the NDA government that Islamabad is isolated and that New Delhi will resume its bilateral talks with Pakistan only from a position of superior strength and solely on India’s terms.

The worst news for India’s security was not either of these discomfiting developments. For the first time since Pakistan was born and New Delhi and Moscow swore with their hands on each other’s hearts to stand together through times good and bad, Russia signed a military cooperation agreement with the army establishment in Rawalpindi on Thursday.

Normally, just the news that Russia’s defence minister had paid a visit to Pakistan for the very first time when Moscow’s preferred partner was always New Delhi ought to have triggered an overkill of diplomatic activity in South Block, where the ministry of external affairs and the Prime Minister’s Office are located.

Such visits and plans for weapons sales to Pakistan by Russia had been nixed by successive Indian governments in the past. But the present dispensation led by the BJP either did not think it was necessary to do anything or they failed in their effort.

Either way, such is the excitement in New Delhi over Obama’s plans that everything else is dangerously and complacently on the backburner.

White House spokesperson Eric Schultz confirmed that the President did call Sharif from Air Force One. But beyond the nicety that the leaders talked about advancing “shared interests in a stable, secure, and prosperous Pakistan and region”, the spokesperson would say little more.

The use of the word “region” was a giveaway, however. In Islamabad, the foreign ministry was more specific. In a statement, the ministry said: “President Obama informed the Prime Minister of his forthcoming visit to India.”

Sharif flagged the recent visit by Afghanistan’s new President, Ashraf Ghani, to Islamabad as proof of Pakistan’s sincerity in stabilising Kabul after the upcoming US withdrawal from a war that began 13 years ago. “The US President appreciated the Prime Minister’s efforts.”

The spin in New Delhi tonight, once Obama’s call to Sharif became known, was that Islamabad was panicking over Modi’s January 26 invitation to the White House and that Pakistan was banking on America to bail it out on Kashmir.

Sources in Washington said Obama was relieved that Sharif did not put him in a spot by asking him to mediate on Kashmir or on relations with India, as was Islamabad’s past practice. Public statements corroborate that claim.

It is clear from the foreign ministry’s statement that Sharif scored brownie points with America by being reasonable and asking only for “the resumption of bilateral dialogue, the onus (for which) is on India to create a conducive environment.... President Obama expressed his understanding for our position.”

Sharif asked Obama to stress on the Indian leadership that an “early resolution (of the Kashmir dispute) would bring enduring peace, stability and economic cooperation to Asia”. It is clear that the overall emphasis by Sharif was on “peace and prosperity in South Asia”. He did not rail at New Delhi at any point.

Apart from the signing of a military cooperation agreement, what ought to worry the Modi government is that the visiting Russian defence minister, Sergei Shoigu, “appreciated the skill and expertise of Pakistani armed forces in fighting the war against terrorism”, a statement said.

At a time when India is trying to portray Pakistan as the fountainhead of terrorism, this approach represents a huge strategic shift by Moscow on terrorism in South Asia.

“The world community not only praises but wants to do business with Pakistan now,” Shoigu was quoted as saying in Islamabad. He also extolled Pakistan’s defence production capacity.

A toast to India and three cheers for Pak

Back
Top Bottom