What's new

Obama backs India on permanent UN Security Council seat

Now coming to Kashmir , you can yourslf see the people of kashmir fighting with stones in the streets of kashmir , raising slogans of freedom, hoisting Pakistani flags in their streets . (dont feel offended ) It is the truth . Now i think it is not an era of war , both of the countries should resolve the kashmir dispute . THE FUTURE CODE IS NOT WAR , FUTURE CODE IS RESOLVE ISSUES VIA DIALOGUES , BUILD OUR ECONOMIES .

Kashmir, Kashmir, Kashmir........when will you guys ever get over it. I know it hurts, but the sooner you accept reality the better it is for your country. If you are naive enough to think that the present day India can be forced to hand over part of her sovereign territory, you must still be living in wonderland. The cold hard fact is that India does not intend to give you Kashmir and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

You have been begging all foreign leaders to raise the issue about Kashmir in India visits, but they don't dare to even mention it for fear of angering India. They have way too much to lose by getting on the bad side of a country slated to become a superpower. Even without a permanent seat, India is strong enough to ensure that the UN will never pass a resolution about Kashmir that isn't in India's favor.

As for your military strength, the only chance you ever had of waging war to get Kashmir is long gone. The conventional disparity between India and Pakistan is growing so much that there is realistically no chance of you securing a military victory ever again. Of course...then we have the nukes... I don't know what nuclear exchange scenarios you kids are dreaming up, but the fact is that no one in charge there is stupid enough to think that using nukes will get them Kashmir. No one wants to be responsible for bringing about the total destruction of their own country, that too for the sake of a small piece of land.

The stone throwing...big deal...let them go keep on doing it. Palestinians have been throwing stones all their life,that too, for a genuine reason. Even then the whole OIC and the rest of the world could not do anything about it. You think a few excited kids throwing stones will get you Kashmir??..Good luck. As for the flags they fly, everyone knows it's the flag of Islam, not the Pakistani flag, but keep on believing whatever makes you happy.

India has always been ready for dialogue, just don't ask us for Kashmir. As for economy building, I totally agree with you...we are already kinda doing it, you are welcome to join us. It will certainly do you a lot more good than your perpetual obsession with Kashmir.

(Ask every kashmiri about their fate ,could be one solution ).

Everyone knows they want neither India nor Pakistan but are asking for self-rule. They want to rule themselves and most certainly don't want Pakistan. Honestly, who do you think would want to break away from an emerging superpower and join a country that is categorized as a failed state surviving on foreign aid? No offense intended, it is just plain common sense.

We should move forward , 1971 has passed , now it is not possible for any country to invade Pakistan via military(you know the pakistans capability to strike back). Even after Mumbai attaks , your forces couldnt attack us. (although i condemn MUMBAI ATTACKS.)

My friend, don't confuse restraint with weakness. India isn't about to go to war just because 10 confused teenagers wanted us to. We have our eyes on much higher things....the restraint we show each time gets us much more credibility than we could ever get by dropping bombs anywhere. The more terrorist acts that happen from Pakistan, the weaker you look and the more you get isolated. And we get all the credit for being matured and showing restraint. We have constantly shown that we will not be dragged into war like the US. Why do you think everyone is so happy to let us get the Permanent seat?

For every hero to emerge, someone must play the villain. You deserve as much credit as we do for getting us closer to the permanent seat. Frankly Pakistan has helped us to look a lot more peaceful by portraying itself as the bad boy in the neighborhood. Now even if the Kashmiris ever organize themselves into a genuine bunch of freedom fighters, all we have to do is call them terrorists and the whole world will pledge their support in helping us crush them.Thank you Pakistan....we couldn't have done it without you.

Last edited:
Kashmir, Kashmir, Kashmir........when will you guys ever get over it. I know it hurts, but the sooner you accept reality the better it is for your country. If you are naive enough to think that the present day India can be forced to hand over part of her sovereign territory, you must still be living in wonderland. The cold hard fact is that India does not intend to give you Kashmir and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

My friend i APPRECIATE an honour your views , Kashmir is a disputed territory for UN . it is still the unfinished agenda to be resolved ,who wants to give a piece of land on which it has captured ? I think nobody. But our claim is there and will be there . You can hold it as long as you can against the wishes of the kashmiris. In international politics ,we shall make our struggle and you do yours .I give you some examples , USSR was much more stronger than present india in 80s ,but it had to liberate all the muslim occupied states. (azerbaijan,turkemanistanetc).

U.S.A is much more stronger than present india ,but against the wishes of AFGHANS, all the allied forces have failed against poorly armed AFGHANS. So i think India should learn the lesson from history and honour the feelings and aspirations of Kashmiris.

You have been begging all foreign leaders to raise the issue about Kashmir in India visits, but they don't dare to even mention it for fear of angering India. They have way too much to lose by getting on the bad side of a country slated to become a superpower. Even without a permanent seat, India is strong enough to ensure that the UN will never pass a resolution about Kashmir that isn't in India's favor.

My friend dont make overambitious illusions about yourself. Now Obama in his visit has mentioned on indian soil that you should resolve all the issues with pakistan amicably. (from less contraversial to more contraversial issues) . You can understand what he says? In international politics ,On the other hand India could not get any resolution passed against Pakistan to leave its stance on Kashmir.(if we cannot get any resolution passed in U.N). I think India is not a super power or something near to that , Indians should not flatter themselves by thinking as a super power . I think first it has to emerge as a reigional power.In the reigion China , Pakistan , Afghanistan, Srilanka , Burma, etc how much role could India play or how much it can influence these countries .(it is still a long way to go dear friend)

As for your military strength, the only chance you ever had of waging war to get Kashmir is long gone. The conventional disparity between India and Pakistan is growing so much that there is realistically no chance of you securing a military victory ever again. Of course...then we have the nukes... I don't know what nuclear exchange scenarios you kids are dreaming up, but the fact is that no one in charge there is stupid enough to think that using nukes will get them Kashmir. No one wants to be responsible for bringing about the total destruction of their own country, that too for the sake of a small piece of land.

The stone throwing...big deal...let them go keep on doing it. Palestinians have been throwing stones all their life,that too, for a genuine reason. Even then the whole OIC and the rest of the world could not do anything about it. You think a few excited kids throwing stones will get you Kashmir??..Good luck. As for the flags they fly, everyone knows it's the flag of Islam, not the Pakistani flag, but keep on believing whatever makes you happy.

As far as the struggle for your homeland is concerned , you have to fight , it may take long but the struggles always pay off for your homeland. Muslims and hindus struggled in subcontinent for more than hundreds of years ,but after the long years it paid off. U.K was super power but it had to liberate the subcontinent .

India has always been ready for dialogue, just don't ask us for Kashmir. As for economy building, I totally agree with you...we are already kinda doing it, you are welcome to join us. It will certainly do you a lot more good than your perpetual obsession with Kashmir.

Everyone knows they want neither India nor Pakistan but are asking for self-rule. They want to rule themselves and most certainly don't want Pakistan. Honestly, who do you think would want to break away from an emerging superpower and join a country that is categorized as a failed state surviving on foreign aid? No offense intended, it is just plain common sense.

Ok make a plebisite , if kashmiris want to live with India , Pakistan or SELF RULE . (If you are confident enough you do it and finish the claim of Pakistan over Kashmir). But India will never do it because it knows the results already. As far as emerging super power is concerned , dont see dreams it is too early to think to be a super power .(India is not U.S.A , U.K, CHINA, USSR, JAPAN, ETC). As far as the impression that pakistan is cetagorized as a failed state , I can only laugh on it . we are a nuclear power with lot many human resources , natural resources etc . Dont worry about us we will never be failed . we have challenges and we will convert those challenges into oppertunity.Foreign aid is a loan , which we repay. India too has got so many loans from world bank etc which are payed back . Pakistan has never defaulted and will never default . Dont worry about us.

My friend, don't confuse restraint with weakness. India isn't about to go to war just because 10 confused teenagers wanted us to. We have our eyes on much higher things....the restraint we show each time gets us much more credibility than we could ever get by dropping bombs anywhere. The more terrorist acts that happen from Pakistan, the weaker you look and the more you get isolated. And we get all the credit for being matured and showing restraint. We have constantly shown that we will not be dragged into war like the US. Why do you think everyone is so happy to let us get the Permanent seat?

I appreciate the restraint because war is not the solution , truly speaking your generals dropped the idea on full scale war but started to firmly implement the cold start doctrine (surgical strikes). Some of your fighter planes entered for the surgical strikes but could not dare the operational preparedness of or P.AF. India begged the foreign powers to persuade Pakistan to let it do some surgical strikes for face saving in front of their public. It was no restraint but the calculation of your millitary stopped you from doing it. By the way India has not won its UNSC seat yet. Who is happy? china? Afghanistan? Pakistan? Srilanka? Burma? Bangladesh? Obama sold you the weapons and went away. Good Luck when he again comes to India.

For every hero to emerge, someone must play the villain. You deserve as much credit as we do for getting us closer to the permanent seat. Frankly Pakistan has helped us to look a lot more peaceful by portraying itself as the bad boy in the neighborhood. Now even if the Kashmiris ever organize themselves into a genuine bunch of freedom fighters, all we have to do is call them terrorists and the whole world will pledge their support in helping us crush them.Thank you Pakistan....we couldn't have done it without you.

It is only an Indian perception , not the world perception . European union says Pakistan is fighting a war against terorism, neto says they cannot fight a war against terrorism without Pakistan. U.S.A says pakistan is a front line state against terrorism , a non neto ally etc . China fully supports Pakistan on all issues .The bad guy perception is in only Indian minds . I f we are bad , U.SA is giving us F16s , making investments in pakistan (energy sector). we are getting nuclear civil deal from China etc. Dont see dreams my dear .
My dear international scenerio will not be the same in coming time , U.S.A is planning to evacuate Afghanistan(make peace deal with talibans, already talking to them) , after that it would be very difficult to malign freedom fighters to terrorists . World has its own eyes , even now all the international media and world accepts that the recent uprising in Kashmir is not terrorism , it is indigenous srtuggle for freedom.:pakistan:

Last edited:
Obama has backed india on the UNSC seatr..but putup two conditions.

Iran & myanmar

Myanmar - I see his point. Infact, I am very disappointed that the opposition has not taken the govt. to task over it. But Iran? Those guys have never troubled us and are our friends.

It is only an Indian perception , not the world perception . European union says Pakistan is fighting a war against terorism, neto says they cannot fight a war against terrorism without Pakistan. U.S.A says pakistan is a front line state against terrorism , a non neto ally etc . China fully supports Pakistan on all issues .The bad guy perception is in only Indian minds . I f we are bad , U.SA is giving us F16s , making investments in pakistan (energy sector). we are getting nuclear civil deal from China etc. Dont see dreams my dear .
My dear international scenerio will not be the same in coming time , U.S.A is planning to evacuate Afghanistan(make peace deal with talibans, already talking to them) , after that it would be very difficult to malign freedom fighters to terrorists . World has its own eyes , even now all the international media and world accepts that the recent uprising in Kashmir is not terrorism , it is indigenous srtuggle for freedom.:pakistan:

We all know what they say - it about what they think. After all, actions speak louder than words. What does the average America think of Pakistan - look at comments in NYT or WashPost on Pakistan related articles. Ditto for the Brits. As far as govts. are concerned - look at visa times for Pakistanis compared to real allies. They may call you an ally for the time being but they see Pakistan as nothing but a mercenary for hire. Once work is done, they will not care for Pakistan. The only exception is China which actually does view you as a strategic ally and asset.

Myanmar - I see his point. Infact, I am very disappointed that the opposition has not taken the govt. to task over it. But Iran? Those guys have never troubled us and are our friends.

Iran , your friend? India went out of gas pipeline for friendship? India votes against Iran in U.N? Iranians are not what they were 10 years back. IRAN IS ALSO ONE OF THE MAJOR PLAYERS IN THE REGION. NOBODY CAN UNDERESTIMATE IRAN. THEY HAVE A PHILOSOPHY , THEY ARE RICH IN OIL AND DEVELOPING THEIR NUCLEAR PROGRAMME VERY RAPIDLY. Future market for Iranian exports(energy )is Pakistan (500 KM GAS PIPELINE IS COMPLETE AND FURTHER IS UNDER PROGRESS). In near future the gas will be extended to china . Even the future economics does not suggest that Iran would be Indian friend . :wave:

We all know what they say - it about what they think. After all, actions speak louder than words. What does the average America think of Pakistan - look at comments in NYT or WashPost on Pakistan related articles. Ditto for the Brits. As far as govts. are concerned - look at visa times for Pakistanis compared to real allies. They may call you an ally for the time being but they see Pakistan as nothing but a mercenary for hire. Once work is done, they will not care for Pakistan. The only exception is China which actually does view you as a strategic ally and asset.
I dont think all the Americans think that all the pakistanis are terrorists , its not true . The image of taliban is bad , not pakistanis , Media can be sponsored by both sides . But it is true that all americans listen to their president , their govt. It is more important to them rather than indian perception. Moreover the seperate checking of pakistanis is for the fact that any taliban can camoflage , We also are very tight in our scanning of the people going abroad on our Air ports . Look we are fighting a war against terrorism , The world appreciates that very much for the fact that we are more successful than the allied forces operating in Afghanistan (U.S.A IS TALKING TO TALIBAN TO EVACUATE AFGHANISTAN).You can call it a mercenary act anyway . As far as we being the temporary allies for U.S.A. Everthing always in international politics is not same for all the times to come . Things will also be different for India as well in the times to come . We have a stretegic impotance , We are neighbours to china, Iran , Afghanistan . We are energy corridor for china , corridor for china for exports via Gwader.
We are a nuclear power , missile power etc. And still you think that we will not be stretigically important to U.S.A or west .(Obama stated in your country ,infront of Indians that America envisages pakistan to be a strong country.):pakistan:

Iran , your friend? India went out of gas pipeline for friendship? India votes against Iran in U.N? Iranians are not what they were 10 years back. IRAN IS ALSO ONE OF THE MAJOR PLAYERS IN THE REGION. NOBODY CAN UNDERESTIMATE IRAN. THEY HAVE A PHILOSOPHY , THEY ARE RICH IN OIL AND DEVELOPING THEIR NUCLEAR PROGRAMME VERY RAPIDLY. Future market for Iranian exports(energy )is Pakistan (500 KM GAS PIPELINE IS COMPLETE AND FURTHER IS UNDER PROGRESS). In near future the gas will be extended to china . Even the future economics does not suggest that Iran would be Indian friend . :wave:

Iran , your friend?............don't know , but we pay them for oil , if not friend/enemy , we have ecomonie relation with iran..

India went out of gas pipeline for friendship?..........not at all , while iran calling for gas exit payment at iranian boarder , india was asking for payment at indian boarder .....also the gas price was too high..

India votes against Iran in U.N?.....correct yourself , india opposed senctions on iran at the UN , it was the china , who voted in faver of senctions....india at the other side voted at IAEA to make iran accountable for their nuclear program....(UN & IAEA are two different bodies) don't mix the voting at one with other..
http://www.startribune.com/world/105244638.html

pakistan-iran pipeline :500km complited ?...the agrrement is just signed in june and it will required a investment of $7.6bn ....when iran is under UN senctions , nobody will land such a huge loan..

A permanent UN SC seat for India?

US President Barack Obama, in New Delhi, has reconfirmed his country’s support for India’s nomination for a permanent seat in an expanded UN Security Council. His exact words on November 8 were: “I look forward to a reformed UN Security Council that includes India as a permanent member.” This is read as a ‘full endorsement’ of India’s candidacy and a new salience in India-US relations.

Pakistan’s Foreign Office spokesman has politely opposed the endorsement, saying it will complicate the process of expanding the UN Security Council and increasing the number of its permanent members. He has referred, as has been done on several past occasions, to India’s bad record on human rights, unsatisfactory relations with its neighbours etc. But the question does not devolve on what Pakistan says.

It is not clear to many why the Security Council should be reformed and how. It was squeezed after the Second World War after learning some bitter lessons from the failure of the League of Nations where the Council had an unlimited number of members and all of them had the power of veto. Such was the dominance of the idea of state sovereignty that the League could take no action during most crises. The UN was based on the ‘realist’ principle of ‘preferred’ sovereignty of a few states.

Under former UN General Secretary Kofi Annan, a document called the Razali Plan (2004) proposed enlarging the Security Council by a further nine seats and presented two alternative models (A and B) outlining how this could be done. Model A responded to Africa’s demand for a region-based increase; Model B was more complex and soon lost support. The new 22-member Security Council will have to be endorsed by a two-thirds majority from over 190 members of the UN. After that, the veto-bearing current permanent members of the Security Council will have to pass the plan.

If the US wants to set up India as a rival of China in Asia, the Chinese veto will block the expansion plan and India’s entry. If India moves to counter China and looks at China’s cooperation with Pakistan as a hostile act, the realpolitik of this expansion will go haywire. Yet the India-China equation is not all bad. Indians have invested in China and visits by Chinese leaders to India have been without any big complications because India does not practically challenge Beijing on Aksai Chin the way Pakistan challenges India on Kashmir.

India has a good international image and has a lot of support even from countries that Pakistan habitually considers its friends — in 2003, Pakistan’s big Arab friends wanted India in the OIC. India has secured the backing of three serious regional contenders for the Security Council — Japan, Germany and Brazil. Among the five permanent members it had France, Britain and Russia already backing it. Now the US is on board too.

India has a democratic system that most Pakistanis now openly envy. Its economic reform under Manmohan Singh since 1991 has succeeded and its variation on the free market doctrines has saved it from the more lethal fallout from the 2008 global crisis.

Pakistan’s view of India will not mean much to the international community because of its exaggerated bias. But there are other complications.

Expanding the Security Council means making the UN less able to act in crises needing immediate collective response. It will be like going back to the League of Nations and its incapacities. It will be an acceptance of a multi-polar world, going ideally horizontal but losing the realistic vertical system that delivered. This expansion will take long in realisation because our multi-polar world, with its proliferation of regional rivalries, will not be able to agree readily on a region-based new permanent membership.

If India-China rivalry grows in the region — if that is what America wants — then the expansion plan will be further delayed. But if India and China handle their contradictions well — and that also means Pakistan sorting out its ‘non-state actor’ problems with a more pliable India — then a new 22-member Security Council will become feasible.

Published in The Express Tribune, November 10th, 2010.

A permanent UN SC seat for India? – The Express Tribune

'India won't change its policies on Myanmar, Iran'

NEW DELHI: As Barack Obama called upon India to back US policies on Myanmar and Iran, top official sources on Tuesday made it amply clear that India is not looking at modifying its foreign policy in lieu of support for a permanent UNSC seat. They said that while India is engaging Myanmar because of strategic and security reasons, it cannot ignore its civilisational ties with Iran.

"We have security reasons as well as strategic interest in engaging with Myanmar. We have a close and contiguous relationship with Myanmar. On Iran, we have already said that we don't want another nuclear power in the region. However, we share a civilisational relationship with Iran which we cannot ignore,'' said a source, adding that India is not into any bargaining game on the two countries.

Without taking China's name, the source said India could not be expected to play "brain-dead'' when another country north of Myanmar was very active there. "Myanmar is not a country on the dark side of the moon but a country on our borders with which we have to deal,'' said the official.

Officials added that India's conduct on Iran has been in keeping with other members of IAEA and that it will continue its policy of not supporting sanctions which adversely impact the common people. They reiterated though that while Iran like any other country has the right to peaceful nuclear programme, it has to fulfil certain international commitments.

Obama mentioning Myanmar and Iran in his Parliament speech has led to an impression that the US wants to keep India on probation till the time UNSC reforms do take place and India does become a permanent member. Sources, however, said that Obama's announcement of support for India's bid was unequivocal.

Top government sources also said that while several DRDO and ISRO establishments have been effectively taken off the US entity list, discussions were underway to get the same result in the case of Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).

Welcoming the US decision to lift the ban on export controls relating to dual-use items, New Delhi said removal of Indian entities like ISRO, DRDO and BDL will pave the way for unimpeded flow of high-technology from the US.

Read more: - The Times of India 'India won't change its policies on Myanmar, Iran' - The Times of India

India and Indians have always historically sided with the Iranians. Both supported the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan. India is helping build the Chabahar Port in Iran. Iran has also helped India by blocking Pakistani resolutions in the OIC condemning India on various occasions.

Iran , your friend?............don't know , but we pay them for oil , if not friend/enemy , we have ecomonie relation with iran..

India went out of gas pipeline for friendship?..........not at all , while iran calling for gas exit payment at iranian boarder , india was asking for payment at indian boarder .....also the gas price was too high..

India votes against Iran in U.N?.....correct yourself , india opposed senctions on iran at the UN , it was the china , who voted in faver of senctions....india at the other side voted at IAEA to make iran accountable for their nuclear program....(UN & IAEA are two different bodies) don't mix the voting at one with other..
http://www.startribune.com/world/105244638.html

pakistan-iran pipeline :500km complited ?...the agrrement is just signed in june and it will required a investment of $7.6bn ....when iran is under UN senctions , nobody will land such a huge loan..

My friend , i am glad to inform you that the gas pipeline has started from iranian gas fields and has reached iran , pakistan border .It will take another 4 to 5 years to get completed to Multan (pakistan). When Iran , pakistan and China are willing for this pipeline , i think the funding can be arranged .(For three countries 6-7 billon dollers is not a big deal).

@ I FLY HIGH ..
"""" European union says Pakistan is fighting a war against terorism, neto says they cannot fight a war against terrorism without Pakistan. U.S.A says pakistan is a front line state against terrorism , a non neto ally etc ."""..

Cause Terrorist are been cultivated in Pakistan , they are been bought & brought up from this land , hence the western world supports u ; cause that they can't fight against terrorism , Its Pakistan who need to destroy the elements from their own land . Western world are having patience to see u can remove out this elements from your land , they will support u as US Supports you , IF finally they cant find any solution for this & it keeps on gooing on than u need to face the music of this rich termed countries , who still governs the world , even china will be helpless to protect u , as no country will fire down its own interest inorder to protect the other country , Nowadays war is been played by isolating the countries who are not obeying as per international terms , no matter the country is doing right or wrong . as its a open fact the powerful ruler governs while the weak has to obey them if not so than face the music ...

Back
Top Bottom