What's new

Obama admits that even if the US armed terrorists in Syria, Alasad will still win

I hope not. Out of that whole mess over there, I like Jordan the most.

Well, they tend to invade places where they have supporters. Many of ISIS fighters are Jordanis and despite Jordan's good relations with Israel, the society itself is mainly anti-Western and anti-Israel.

What failure? They're bleeding the both sides, I would call that a success.
Obama is not like Bush, he doesn't think with his dick. He knows sending troops to ME is a big mistake and in the end everyone's gonna hate the US regardless. So the best course of action for the US is to allow both sides to bleed themselves dry.
Being the devil's advocate here, with both sides beating each other to death, who would fill the vacuum? Wouldn't it result in anarchy, a prime environment for proliferation of armed gangs, warlords and terrorists?
Wouldn't a strongman, who keeps sectarian tensions under control, be a preferable choice? Wouldn't it be pragmatic to slowly ease up to such a character with 'reasonable talk'? Assad has helped US/NATO before with the Iraq war, surely he can be talked to, instead of the ISIS mad dogs, or whoever exerts their writ over the largest piece of land among many such small splintered areas.
Well, if Iraq has taught us any lessons, this would be it, no?

Back
Top Bottom