hotspots10.jpg

jim_brown_photograph_confederation_train_1967_pic1.jpg

Perce_Rock.jpg

9815stluc1.jpg

tgv4402-st-574point8kph-030407.jpg

201157-potd.jpg

ff0420854e9089a0b9cd6ea16edc.jpeg

H407-TTC%205%20Subway%20Train%20Level%202%20B%20.jpg

Raptor, I was wondering..why don't you put the Pakistani flag in your profile (along with the Canadian)?

I lived in Rochester, NY, across Lake Ontario from Canada, for 27 years. For a "big city" weekend my wife and I always prefered to go to Toronto instead of New York City, which we did several times per year. Canada is a beautiful country. But, for a more youth oriented visit, I recommend Montreal or Quebec City. The French influence gives Montreal and Quebec City a more worldly feel than the "English" cities of Toronto or Ottawa. To understand the peacefulness of Canada, however, you have to understand that the USA has "protected" Canada militarily ever since World War II. The military protection of the USA has allowed Canada to play its unique role as a nation with a small military footprint in the world but, nonetheless, exerting large level of moral force for peace in world affairs. At the end of the day, however, Americans and Canadians are each others very, very best friends.

I lived in Canada for almost 5 and a half years and just recently returned back to Pakistan. I have not one bad thing to say about Canada except for the winter off course which is an absolute pain in the a**, but overall my stay in Canada was very positive and Canadians without a doubt are some of the most tolerant and vibrant people. It was definitely a hard choice after i completed my graduate internship, i could have stayed back in Canada as life was good. But than i realized, there is no place like Pakistan and made a gamble and returned home back to Pakistan. Now if i think about it, i think i made the right choice as there is no place like Pakistan and 'Lahore Lahore Hai' :D.

Here's fact in some historic, British Empire and Canada against new young independent US.

Canada won the War of 1812, U.S. historian admits
Canada's Bloodiest Battlefield

warof1812.jpg

A War of 1812 re-enactment at Fanshawe Pioneer Village in London, Ontario. Which side won the war has been long disputed. During the course of the war, the Americans repeatedly tried to invade and were repeatedly repulsed, by often-outnumbered mixes of British redcoats, Canadian militia and aboriginal allies.

battleofqueenston.jpg

5784459.bin

a line of American soldiers fire on the British during a War of 1812

Cohen, who advised the Bush Administration on geopolitical strategy from 2007 to 2009, said the War of 1812 “was the last point at which the United States thought really seriously about trying to take Canada by force of arms.”

“Two Centuries of Battles Along the Great Warpath that Made the American Way of War,” the 400-page survey of North American history from 1690 to 1871 contends that the national mindsets of the U.S. and Canada were profoundly and enduringly shaped by struggles over the land and water routes between Montreal and New York City, principally Lake Champlain, Lake George and the Hudson River.

Diamond said, however that Canadians seem to see the war as big event.

"This is a touchstone towards Confederation, it's an important part of the story of Canada," he said.

While they differ on the main outcomes, both Canadians and Americans agreed the war is worthy of commemoration.

More than 80 per cent of respondents on both sides of the border agreed that the war was a significant part of the history of their respective countries and about the same percentage agreed that their national governments should support commemoration of the war.

Old Fort Erie
Canada won the War of 1812, U.S. historian admits | News | National Post

:azn:

2007-July-28-Wasaga-SLR-210.jpg

War-of-1812.jpg

heakes_francis_vernon_1919_se-5a_uk_no1_sqn.jpg

original.jpg

5816806.bin

An undated handout photo of a set of dinosaur bones unearthed in Alberta in 1916 and left unexamined on a shelf in Britainís Natural History Museum for more than 90 years, which has surprisingly produced a new species of horned dinosaur, Spinops sternbergorum.

queen-victoria-monument-ottawa.jpg

The longest reigning monarch in the UK history, Queen Victoria, is the person who officially chose Ottawa as Canada’s capital on December 31, 1857.

2050_10_5---British-Airways-De-Havilland-Canada-DHC-8-311Q-Dash-8-G-BRYX_web.jpg

British Airways De Havilland Canada DHC-8-311Q Dash 8 G-BRYX Aircraft.

Canada-UK.jpg

DSC_2297.ashx

WW2_poster_beaver.jpg

British and Canada Ally!
The Nazi victory in Europe in 1940 and the beginning of the battle of Britain forced Canada to involve itself more: the war production increased, recruiting too, conscription was adopted for the home defence. The danger to Britain pushed Canada into a closer cooperation with the US: the Ogdensburg agreement of 1941 established a permanent Joint Board for the defence of the continent. It was a very important turnpoint which marked Canada’s shift from British to American military control.

Canadian_University_of_Medical_Sciences_logo_small.jpg

hot-springs_804-798.jpg

canada_flag.jpg

CanadaDaybeaver.png

industry2.jpg

volume-2-cover-a.jpg

D_Dow.jpg

one question

are only canadians given recruitment in the canadian armed forces
or immigrants(indians,pakistanis and other nationals living in canada) also chosen for the armed forces?

one question

are only canadians given recruitment in the canadian armed forces
or immigrants(indians,pakistanis and other nationals living in canada) also chosen for the armed forces?

Yes, citizenships can join armed forces, yes indian, pakistanis, other races nationals. ;)

-----------------

cafs.jpg

MMEVe.jpg

images

serverft0.jpg

servergg3.jpg

serverlh2.jpg

servergz4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom