What's new

NY Times: Violence after reopening Gezi Park

Maybe something along these lines:

G8 police get boiler suits to disguise them amid fears Northern Ireland summit could be targeted by terrorists | Mail Online

Seems this sort of thing happens at G8 summits, i found news from 2010 from a summit in Canada also describing mobile networks blocked.

And then your media maybe spins it a bit, only saying "Signals were jammed", "on our vehicle" and leaves out the part where it says wireless signals might be used to detonate something.
Which technically, is not even lying and is factually correct so noone can accuse them of anything.

Ofcourse, i could be wrong. :)

:D Infact it's a nice trick :) Maybe we should try the samething.

But that's not my point. I gonna be more clear. In Holland i have seen police let loose their dogs on protestors. In Germany, i have seen German police gauged eye of a protestor (That protests was near a train rail, protesting about Nuclear waste or something like that) . In US during the occupy wall street protests. 17 protestor died. In Egypt 200 Protestor died with Army bullets.

And when a protest happens in Turkey, West literally lose their minds...

And did you see the "Turkey's Sat-Launcher Plans Raise Concerns " thread ?
http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey-defence/267515-turkeys-sat-launcher-plans-raise-concerns.html

Ankara’s western allies worry that the Turks intend to use their own launching pad to fire the long-range missiles
IT's hard the understand this statement right. Western allies probably NATO allies are afraid because their ally is going to enhance it's military capabilities. They should be happy about it, not afraid.

These kinds of news, attitude drives Turkish people ( I deliberately said Turkish people not Turkey) away from EU.

IT's hard the understand this statement right. Western allies probably NATO allies are afraid because their ally is going to enhance it's military capabilities. They should be happy about it, not afraid.

These kinds of news, attitude drives Turkish people ( I deliberately said Turkish people not Turkey) away from EU.

You need to look it through the lens of uncertainty.....ie, the ally is acting more and more "weird" (islamization-who knows where it might lead in 30, 40 years), flirting with other powers (HQ-9 from China, SCO thingy)

Noone would shed a tear if Erdogan would fall and all of the above went away....

You need to look it through the lens of uncertainty.....ie, the ally is acting more and more "weird" (islamization-who knows where it might lead in 30, 40 years), flirting with other powers (HQ-9 from China, SCO thingy)

Noone would shed a tear if Erdogan would fall and all of the above went away....

You are right at some points. But what West should do is, instead of pushing Turkey, they got to pull Turkey towards them.

I mean if they don't want to get us HQ-9, they should offer a better deal.
If they don't want Turkey to join SCO, they should fasten the ascension talks of EU membership.

Pushing Turkey towards East and than bitching about it is not the way to do it....

You are right at some points. But what West should do is, instead of pushing Turkey, they got to pull Turkey towards them.

I mean if they don't want to get us HQ-9, they should offer a better deal.
If they don't want Turkey to join SCO, they should fasten the ascension talks of EU membership.

Pushing Turkey towards East and than bitching about it is not the way to do it....

I would be discontent if Turkey in it's present state was allowed to be in the EU. I mean, you got a dude calling for pregnant women to not show themselves in public when they have a big belly. And this is not a one off example. It's just the newest part in a slow but steady process.

Rumours in financial newspapers are that while Turkish government cut down it's debt to zero,Turkish private sector and banks that give on loans to clients took on lots of debt from iirc Qatar, KSA etc...

You put two and two together.

I would be discontent if Turkey in it's present state was allowed to be in the EU. I mean, you got a dude calling for pregnant women to not show themselves in public when they have a big belly. And this is not a one off example. It's just the newest part in a slow but steady process.

Rumours in financial newspapers are that while Turkish government cut down it's debt to zero,Turkish private sector and banks that give on loans to clients took on lots of debt from iirc Qatar, KSA etc...

Mate this man isn't the government.

İt's just a individual that spoke out on t.v
What has this got to do with ascension to E.U
Several countries have neo nazi's, Extreme rightist and stuff.
Should these countries be kicked out of e.u for this?

And the other one is rumours and it stays rumours.

Mate this man isn't the government.

İt's just a individual that spoke out on t.v
What has this got to do with ascension to E.U
Several countries have neo nazi's, Extreme rightist and stuff.
Should these countries be kicked out of e.u for this?

And the other one is rumours and it stays rumours.

I know he isn't. It was just an example. Another one would be creationism taught in universities while evolution is shunned away as not possible/too complex to be done without the divine hand.
As for the rumours, ask Turks what's the recent big item (refrigerator, washer, LCD TV, new kitchen etc...) they bought and if it is on credit. Western banks tend to sit on their money right now and are not lending it away.

I know he isn't. It was just an example. Another one would be creationism taught in universities while evolution is shunned away as not possible/too complex to be done without the divine hand.
As for the rumours, ask Turks what's the recent big item (refrigerator, washer, LCD TV, new kitchen etc...) they bought and if it is on credit. Western banks tend to sit on their money right now and are not lending it away.

Well the comparison of what a man said and ascension to the E.U is simply foolish. İ expect you to be more clever then that.
Or else we would all start to generalize. Should we state norway as a child murderer , racist intolerant country due to the actions of Breivik? Or should we use our common sense and accept that that was just the action of a single individual?

As for the rumours İ have no idea what your referring to.

A decrease of public consumption , due to the banks not giving loans? Would you mind explaining.

Well the comparison of what a man said and ascension to the E.U is simply foolish. İ expect you to be more clever then that.
Or else we would all start to generalize. Should we state norway as a child murderer , racist intolerant country due to the actions of Breivik? Or should we use our common sense and accept that that was just the action of a single individual?

As for the rumours İ have no idea what your referring to.

A decrease of public consumption , due to the banks not giving loans?
Would you mind explaining what you're referring to.

I would say fvck that man, he's not representing Turkish People and Turkish people locked that channels tel. line with calls... But i know, you see this as a growing trend in Turkey which you have actually a point. But i wanna ask when did ever EU seriously thought about Turkey's joining, relations were never better any before.

Mate, second argument, do you think it's even possible to survive in a capitalist economy without loan interests, it's a dream that can never be achived.

wow wow wow calm down you guys. The west does concern Egypt, but this is the thread for Turkey, remember? ;)

275 face charges for "coup plot" against PM Erdogan

Turkey Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan came to power in 2002. Since then hundreds of military officers - serving or already retired - have been arrested.

The five-year court trial "Ergenekon" is being seen as a key test in Erdogan's showdown with secularist and military opponents.

Ergenekon is an alleged underground terrorist organization aiming to overthrow Erdogan, and being its member is one of the dozens of charges the accused will face. Other charges are i.e. illegally possessing weapons and instigating an armed uprising against Erdogan's Justice and Development Party, the AKP.

Out of the total of 275 defendants, 21 have now already faced the charges. All of them were acquitted from accusations of plotting to overthrow the country's Islamist-leaning government.

Among the defendants are lawyers, army officers, academics, journalists and the former army chief General Ilker Bashug. Gen Bashug led the army between 2008 and 2010 and has rejected all the charges against him.

The trial has faced a lot of criticism, it has been said to focus on AKP opponents only and aiming to silence its secularist opponents. The government denies any such motives.

The army has a long history of tension with the AKP; between 1960 and 1980 the military staged three coups.

My comment: what Erdogan does is essential to stabilize his crown. Understandable

FNOTW: Riot police in Istanbul treating "justice marchers" with tear gas again

n_52935_4.jpg

Once again, the police resort to using tear gas disperse protesters including a Peace and Democracy (BDP) deputy and an Islamic scholar, who had gathered to march to Gezi Park on August 20.

Back
Top Bottom