What's new

NY Times: Violence after reopening Gezi Park

I have to admit that most of my friends are Turkish protesters therefore somehow I listen to them more than the opposition. They said that the protesters protest peacefully and the armed police is the one started the chaos. Of course I should listen to the opposition more but I have not known anyone who have a opposite ideas yet :)
Anyone help me?

Ask me whatever you want.

First of all, your friends are wrong. The protests may have been caused by the excessive force of police.
But it has been prolonged unnecessarily by the protesters.

What bothers me the most and really annoys me, is the fact that people are trying to portray that ENTİRE TURKEY is protesting against the government. Which is not true.

The protesters consist mostly of CHP with the back up of communist parties like TKP and DHKP. There's also a 50% support of the voters within the BDP.

Basically this is not a protest of Turkey, but a protests of center left and far left ideologized people.

Anything that is center right or far right does not support these protests.

İf you require any İ can post you some general polls being held between the population to back up my word.

aq bu solcularin kafa neyle calisiyorla anlamadim gitti:):)) hep ayni seyler :):) yok akp herseyi satti .sattida kotu mu etti hangi devlet kurumu kar ediyordu politikacilara peskes cekiliyordu sistem islemiyordu ekonomi ozel sektorun isi..adamlar halen avrupanin karanlik caginda yasiyorlar:):) cok sukur solcu degilim makarnaci diyen ib.. elbette olacaktir bana:)

The protesters consist mostly of CHP with the back up of communist parties like TKP and DHKP. There's also a 50% support of the voters within the BDP.
Basically this is not a protest of Turkey, but a protests of center left and far left ideologized people.

İf you require any İ can post you some general polls being held between the population to back up my word.

Just back these words with source. Government Statements don't count.

Just back these words with source. Government Statements don't count.

I have stated this source before. You should be familiar with it.

Genar , konsensus and other polls have held a enquête between the protesters.

But here just for the sake that I can't break your heart.

5(7).jpg

5(7).jpg

According to a poll which made by Bilgi University(Esra Ercan Bilgiç ve Zehra Kafkaslı) by asking 3000 protestors.

%70 of the protestors are not affiliating themselves with a political party.
%14.7 is indecisive.
%15.3 of the protestors are affiliating themselves with a political party.

I have voted for CHP in the past elections. But i won't consider myself as CHP supporter. There is difference.

According to a poll which made by Bilgi University(Esra Ercan Bilgiç ve Zehra Kafkaslı) by asking 3000 protestors.

%70 of the protestors are not affiliating themselves with a political party.
%14.7 is indecisive.
%15.3 of the protestors are affiliating themselves with a political party.

I have voted for CHP in the past elections. But i won't consider myself as CHP supporter. There is difference.

Mate don't get me wrong but what you've posted is a online poll.
It's not a poll that's held face to face like research centre's do.

I have seen online polls in the last election which said that mhp would win with 40 % of the votes.

You can even take this forum as a example.

Have you ever looked to the ideological preferences of the people that are against and for these protests.

Bottom line is.

I prefer to believe the word of respected research institutes then that of 2 individuals who are teachers at a university and held a online poll.

Anyways I did not write down here for a discussion.

But because of Tanya who's apparently a reporter wanted to have the opinion of the people against the protests.
Some guys named me so I wrote something down.

5(7).jpg

Olcayto, Are you intentionally misleading people here?

first i will start with the background of Genar Research and Consultancy Company, which conducted the survey you posted here.

Genar: the owner of this company is the mayor of Esenler district of Istanbul, WHO is of AKP( justice and development party); people in the management team are Davut Dursun(AKP's member/representative in state-run tv watchdog RTÜK, also the writer in Yeni şafak newspaper that is close to AKP), Edibe Sözen(AKP İstanbul representative, also consultant of Erdoğan)

this tells us a lot about how much trustworth the survey you posted is.

here is another survey conducted by Istanbul Bilgi University, which i am sure is more trustworth than Genar's:

They did in 20 hours interview with 3000 protesters in Gezi park;

- 70% not member of any political party,

- 92,5% says the reason to support the protest is due to the authoritarian stance of Erdoğan,

- The people agree strongly that the police use disproportionate force against activits are 91.3%,

- The people agree strongly that the reasons are about violation of democratical rights are 91.1%,

- The people agree strongly that the reason is about speechlessness of media are 84.2%,

- The people saying that he/she is “libertarian” is 81.2%,

- The answer of being “secular” follows it with 64.5%,

- Demands: - Stop this police violence: 96.7%.

- Respect to our freedom after this case: 96.1%.

- Establishment of a new political part:37%.

- The people against coup are the overwhelming majority with 79.5%.

No i didnt said that they should be jailed for this but those protests hut Turkey more then anything in the last years it only weakens Turkey and the enemies laugh about it...

How exactly do those protests hurt Turkey,or how do they hurt it more than they do Erdogan?
A few weeks ago a romanian tv show had a special edition about the Turkey protests and nobody was of the opinion than thousands of romanians won't go there on vacation anymore(in fact tourism agencies registered no decline!) because,basically "people are protesting in the city,they're not blowing things up or shooting each other with AK's syrian style"....People won't go to Paris if there are demonstrations against the goverment there?

Those protests - is an attemp of orange revolution. But Erdogan - a man and he has balls. That's why nothing happened and power did not change. If leader of nation does not have balls - then revolutin works. Like in Ukraine, Georgia, Serbia, Kyrguzstan.

Those protests - is an attemp of orange revolution. But Erdogan - a man and he has balls. That's why nothing happened and power did not change. If leader of nation does not have balls - then revolutin works. Like in Ukraine, Georgia, Serbia, Kyrguzstan.

The worshiper of Stalin likes Erdogan,that's a shocker...:hitwall:

You keep saying that protesters weaken Turkey :o I just think that they need a revolution. they are fighting for a better government which will help Turkey being more democratic. They do not attack normal people (like in Syria) or the police so what is your point when you say it weaken Turkey?

How does a revolution mix with those pacifist ideals?:pop:

Olcayto, Are you intentionally misleading people here?

first i will start with the background of Genar Research and Consultancy Company, which conducted the survey you posted here.

Genar: the owner of this company is the mayor of Esenler district of Istanbul, WHO is of AKP( justice and development party); people in the management team are Davut Dursun(AKP's member/representative in state-run tv watchdog RTÜK, also the writer in Yeni şafak newspaper that is close to AKP), Edibe Sözen(AKP İstanbul representative, also consultant of Erdoğan)

this tells us a lot about how much trustworth the survey you posted is.

here is another survey conducted by Istanbul Bilgi University, which i am sure is more trustworth than Genar's:

They did in 20 hours interview with 3000 protesters in Gezi park;

- 70% not member of any political party,

- 92,5% says the reason to support the protest is due to the authoritarian stance of Erdoğan,

- The people agree strongly that the police use disproportionate force against activits are 91.3%,

- The people agree strongly that the reasons are about violation of democratical rights are 91.1%,

- The people agree strongly that the reason is about speechlessness of media are 84.2%,

- The people saying that he/she is “libertarian” is 81.2%,

- The answer of being “secular” follows it with 64.5%,

- Demands: - Stop this police violence: 96.7%.

- Respect to our freedom after this case: 96.1%.

- Establishment of a new political part:37%.

- The people against coup are the overwhelming majority with 79.5%.

Mate here you go you can also have KONDA if you like that.

2011 seçimlerinde oy verdiniz mi?

% 41 CHP.
% 17 O tarihte yaşım tutmuyordu.
% 13 Sandığa gitmedim oy kullanmadım.
% 10 Bağımsız adaya oy verdim.
% 7 Boş oy verdim.
% 5 BDP/Bağımsız.
% 2 MHP.
% 2 Ak Parti.

Konda Anketine Göre Gezi Park? haberi

İt will not change the fact that most of the protesters are lefties. Denying this is quite impossible.

MHP and AKP have a total of 4% . No one can make me believe that the majority is right ideological protesters.

How exactly do those protests hurt Turkey,or how do they hurt it more than they do Erdogan?
A few weeks ago a romanian tv show had a special edition about the Turkey protests and nobody was of the opinion than thousands of romanians won't go there on vacation anymore(in fact tourism agencies registered no decline!) because,basically "people are protesting in the city,they're not blowing things up or shooting each other with AK's syrian style"....People won't go to Paris if there are demonstrations against the goverment there?

İt's not just the tourists mate.

10 years bond has gone 3% up since the start of these protests.

A extra annual expence to the state roughly around 9 billion dollars.
Now that's harming a country right?

% 41 CHP.

Konda Anketine Göre Gezi Park? haberi

the survey of Bigi university says 70% not member of any political party. so i see parallel result in two surveys, are you trying to reufte me or yourself?

btw, in the same survey conducted by KONDA:

- only 30% of the people would vote for CHP.

so i see anohter parallel result; and i ask again if you are trying to refute me or yourself?!

Why are you pushing so much to relate the protesters with CHP? i wonder why.

% 41 CHP.
% 17 O tarihte yaşım tutmuyordu.
% 13 Sandığa gitmedim oy kullanmadım.
% 10 Bağımsız adaya oy verdim.
% 7 Boş oy verdim.
% 5 BDP/Bağımsız.
% 2 MHP.
% 2 Ak Parti.

I'm trying to tell you bro. You can't classify people based on which party they voted in the past elections.

I voted for CHP at the previous elections. I'm neither leftist nor CHP supporter.

Back
Top Bottom