What's new

Nuclear weapons: India keeps pace with Pakistan, but focuses on China

How much each country spend on maintaining these weapons..... Any idea on the expenditure on maintaining these weapons????

well,that was cold war mentality..in country like India,round 100 nukes are more than enough to counter any threat.but I think as new delivery platforms are coming up,India is presently increasing its miniatured nukes and it'll increase the number before it'll retire older and heavier nukes.

i see indians talk about indian miniatured nukes, what is their delivery system............

I know pakistan has nasr,aka Grand Baap of cold start doctrine...... and Raad.... But i dont see any thing of those kinds in indian arsenal(may be its a best kept secret)

i see indians talk about indian miniatured nukes, what is their delivery system............

I know pakistan has nasr,aka Grand Baap of cold start doctrine...... and Raad.... But i dont see any thing of those kinds in indian arsenal(may be its a best kept secret)

That answers your doubt........

their delivery system is indian missiles as well as various aircrafts which can deliver the payload..

Prahaar...remember...also the pinaka rockets range is going to be increased to 120 km with a 250 kg payload...maybe the miniaturised nukes can also be mounted on that

Prahaar...remember...also the pinaka rockets range is going to be increased to 120 km with a 250 kg payload...maybe the miniaturised nukes can also be mounted on that

nope..Prahar will not be used for nukes..as Indian Doctrine doesn't include a battlefield nuclear delivery system,yet...

nope..Prahar will not be used for nukes..as Indian Doctrine doesn't include a battlefield nuclear delivery system,yet...
i am not saying that Prahaar will be only used for nukes...i just wanted to show the equivalent to Nasr in India's arsenal for short range battlefield tactical missile...moreover many kinds of warheads can be mounted onto this system and nuclear warheads can be one of them....

wait i take it back its FED-ex or may be its INDIAN POSTAL SERVICE
:what:

Its MIRV carrying missiles like A-5...but it can be used in any kind of missiles,as most of them are designed to carry larger nuclear bombs,nearly 1 ton..plus,it can be carried by Indian Air Force's nuke capable jets like Mirage,Su-30MKI,Jaguars..as well as It'll be carried by K-15 SLBM and Dhanush..now,please don't ask about missiles..you can find the info on net..thank you come again..

well the thing is India is more focused on china for last decade if not more to my knowledge

secondly india though makes same no's of neukes as pakistan at twice the money spent is hillarious at best....lolzzzzz even the dislcosed range of many frontline indian missiles is more than published be rest assured owr minuterized neukes are way more power full while are still less heavier than most of us beleve and research has not stoped aswell

:cheers:

OK two important things here:
1. India has taken Pu route for its program and the total cost includes following factors:
a. Cost of Fuel handling from Reactors
2. Cost of Fuel re-processing.
3. Cost of fabrication
on the other hand Pak uses enriched Uranium route which has primary cost of centrifuge plant. Now if the repost is to be believed, obviously Pak is doing it on a more efficient and economical scale.

Second, I read Army chief's interview sometime back and he made some interesting observations when asked about Pak stockpiling N weapons. He observed that any country's inventory is based on threat perception. for example analysts in India would believe that we may have to use them against both China & Pak in the worst scenario. However Pak has only one target and such an inventory doesnot justify the threat perception. It obviously believes that in case of a conventional war, it is near impossible to beat India (although it can inflict a serious damage). Thus you need to have an arsenal big enough to act as a deterrent and may be it has a Doctrine of limited use if situation warrants.

As for the numbers, As Markus says take it with pinch of salt. what is important here is the amount of Pu available that can be weaponized. more importantly in modern times you don't need Megaton monsters. If unfortunate situation arises all we see is limited use of strategic bombs in order of few hundred (or less) kilotons.

This study suggests India has less number of nuke weapons than pak..... But spend more than double that of pakistan..... I wonder why????.... Can anyone shed lights to this????

The only reason can be that our Yield of nukes is many times more than that of Pakistan.

While Pakistan is currently working on Tactical nukes for missiles like Nasr.

+ Check out the spending acc. to GDP figures ----> Pakistan spends 1% of GDP while we spend only 0.25% of GDP

+ On the article - I am upset, instead of increasing our nuclear stockpiles, we should have decreased it instead to around 20-30 only, Why?? B'coz i have always said, >20 nukes are JUST A NUMBER TO SATISFY ONESELF.

How much each country spend on maintaining these weapons..... Any idea on the expenditure on maintaining these weapons????

That is INCLUDED in those figures.

& vary country to country, nuke to nuke.

The only reason can be that our Yield of nukes is many times more than that of Pakistan.

While Pakistan is currently working on Tactical nukes for missiles like Nasr.

+ Check out the spending acc. to GDP figures ----> Pakistan spends 1% of GDP while we spend only 0.25% of GDP

+ On the article - I am upset, instead of increasing our nuclear stockpiles, we should have decreased it instead to around 20-30 only, Why?? B'coz i have always said, >20 nukes are JUST A NUMBER TO SATISFY ONESELF.

That is INCLUDED in those figures.

& vary country to country, nuke to nuke.

Well In a nuclear conflict having 20 weapons and delivery system is not adequate, because of its vulnerability to enemy attacks. If we have around 100 war heads and spread across the country the chances of they getting destroyed in an enemy attack is less....so the retaliation capability will be intact....

Back
Top Bottom