What's new

Nuclear Artillery

Generally they don't just scream about choking people....they act too!:cry:

If one did then I might change my mind actually. :)

Anyway before Aero nukes us for polluting the thread lets bug out. I am sure people are waiting, they want to discuss annihilation.

When India responds with it's salvo, who's gonna digest that?

There is a reason why people in control of such stuff are realists. On both sides.

Why are you being responsible for "end of innocence" ? :)

Bacchhon se bachpan mat cheeno :)

I am beginning to think that someone needs a decapitation strike from an SLBM. You folks will start keeping your warheads (some) mated once the SLBMs are operational?

Pakistan and India are not similar to US and USSR in the cold war era in terms of weapons readiness and nuclear warfare. If one side launches a surprise attack (not quite possible in reality), the response from the other side would arrive in hours, not minutes.
Since majority of Pakistan's arsenal is based on all-terrain TELs (which are sent to hideouts as soon as the situation escalates beyond a certain level), it is quite difficult for the Indian SFC to launch a decapitating strike against Pakistan.

All Pakistani nukes are boosted fission and include at least one fusion stage...
Such weapons are relatively ''clean'' and dont create radiation waste land...

If India attacked with nuclear weapons and Pakistan still had huge quantities of nuclear weapons surviving, then India certainly deserves to be bombed twice over or whatever(though you fail to see the corelation between geographical size & no. of weapons, we'll let that pass...)
As AhaseebA explained
Since majority of Pakistan's arsenal is based on all-terrain TELs (which are sent to hideouts as soon as the situation escalates beyond a certain level), it is quite difficult for the Indian SFC to launch a decapitating strike against Pakistan.

In a real situation, any massive Indian attack will severely degrade Pakistani capacities. That is why tactical nukes against India is a stupid proposition. Giving India an excuse to attack massively would be imbecelic. Relying on Indian goodwill after you attack with tactical nukes is even more stupid.
In a real life situation the threshold are very fliud, And incase India threatens Pakistan's nuclear delivery platforms it will result in all out Nuclear attack from pakistani side.

All Pakistani nukes are boosted fission and include at least one fusion stage...
Such weapons are relatively ''clean'' and dont create radiation waste land...
Ok. Can't say where you got the bold part.Might be true.
But the posibility of the ground zero becomming a radiation wasteland depends more on the height of detonation rather than the fission fraction of the device

@Hyperion Some folks intend to use enough warheads to stop 3-4 strike corps? Please tell our friend how much area that would cover. You would have ruined all of Punjab and Cholistan.
@Dillinger why would pakistan use Tactical nukes in punjab when it has obstacles for an advancing formation like cannals etc ?
I think if NASR is used against formations , It will be used in the south (cholistan)

If you think Nuclear Arty is nuts....look up Davey Crockett (device...not the guy)

Yeah.. But why would a country convert its own land into a nuclear wasteland.
There are ways of detonating a nuke without making a Nuclear wasteland too.. but leave that for another thread
Hypothetically if Indian armor intrudes 50 km inside Punjab, would Pak govt risk contaminating its most fertile area for next 100 years, to blow up a few hundred of Indian tanks ?
Tactical nukes, e.g. Nassr will most likely will not be used in punjab...
I agree even a small scale nuclear exchange will be catostrophic for the local population/fertile land in punjab... There is no need to use them in Punjab where we have Obstacles like cannals etc to atleast slow down an Indian advance ,, A logistic nightmare actually
I can imagine Nassr being used in south ; cholistan, thar desert without the fear of collateral damage without the fear of making the area a nuclear wasteland

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom