What's new

ntikhab calls Pakistan players 'mentally retarded'

sparklingway

Reaction score
Intikhab calls Pakistan players 'mentally retarded'

Former Pakistan coach Intikhab Alam has launched a scathing attack on the national players, calling them 'mentally retarded' during their forgettable tour of Australia earlier this year, where they failed to win a single match. The English daily, Dawn had secured documents from the Pakistan Cricket Board, which contained Intikhab's views on his players while he was in charge. The board had set up an inquiry committee to identify the players responsible for the defeats.

Intikhab, who was replaced by Waqar Younis after the tour, revealed that apart from their woeful on-field performance, the players failed to conduct themselves in a proper manner off the field as well.

"I felt that they are mentally retarded people," Intikhab was quoted as saying to the committee. "There is a mental problem with our players. They don't know how to wear their clothes and how to talk in a civilized manner."

The PCB took action against seven players it believed were responsible for Pakistan's failures. The captain Mohammad Yousuf and Younis Khan were banned indefinitely, Shoaib Malik and Naved-ul-Hasan were banned for a year while Shahid Afridi and the Akmal brothers were fined and placed on probation for six months.

Yousuf and Younis were accused of infighting and having a negative influence on the team. Yousuf announced his retirement from international cricket after the ban and is the only one among the punished players who didn't appeal. The six players who appealed will appear before a one-man tribunal headed by Irfan Qadir, a retired high court judge.

Intikhab, however, identified Malik as someone with a "negative attitude" who was "active in intrigues in the team". Quoting an example of the factions that had developed within the team, Intikhab confessed to hearing that a group of "six to seven" players had gone to the former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq's house before the UAE tour prior to the Australia series, where they "took oath on the Quran that they will remain united against (the then captain) Younis Khan".

But Malik, a former captain, denied that allegation and said that the players had vowed to remain united in case a team member was dropped "unjustifiably". He added that the oath was taken in Yousuf's hotel room and not at Inzamam's house.

When Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi was asked at a press conference to comment on Intikhab's views, he said: "I don't know about these things but when I do I will definitely tell you."

yeah i read that yesterday............ i shared a similar news yesterday...... i think its time to create one dedicated thread as this is more like a Shoaib-Sania Series where the news and statements will be coming from everywhere. We already got 2-3 threads serving the same purpose and soon we shall have more :)

http://www.defence.pk/forums/cricket/57058-pcb-unveils-inquiry-report-australian-tour.html

==================

@ Topic

There is no doubt in my mind that Shoaib Malik played a key role to down the moral of our team. All Shoaib Malik, Yousuf and Younis are responsible for this aftermath of our cricket team. They have been dividing the whole team in groups since after the retirement of Inzamam now and that is what worsening our team's performance day by day

Zaki I agree with you 100%

There is no doubt in my mind that Shoaib Malik played a key role to down the moral of our team. All Shoaib Malik, Yousuf and Younis are responsible for this aftermath of our cricket team. They have been dividing the whole team in groups since after the retirement of Inzamam now and that is what worsening our team's performance day by day

I think Afridi, Misbah, Malik and Kamran Akmal are the main culprits who instigated both Younus and Yousuf. This guy Kamran Akmal is the worst of all as he wants to be the king maker.

Where is that team, once led by legends like Imran Khan and Wasim Akhram? Though I rooted for the Indian team, it was sheer delight to watch the teamwork of Pakistani squad, and even if we lost, it was a loss to a worthy opponent! One could clearly see the teamwork on the field! You don't these days!

There used to be that sparkling chemistry, you could feel that sizzle in the air whenever the teams faced each other! I dont like the new guys being fielded by PCB, where the are players of Imran Khan's and Wasim Akhram's calibre and charishma!

Its very sad to read that they took oath on the Quran in sports related matter. Malik has confessed that the players had vowed to remain united in case a team member was dropped "unjustifiably". :cry:

IMO only captain of team has right to argue with selectors and PCB, others should focus on game only.

Its easy escape for def.pk members to abuse PCB and Malik every time. It seems no one is saint in Pakistan team, all equally responsible. Exception maybe Abdul Razzak ? :tup:

I dont know why selectors still giving chance to Misbah Ul Haq :hitwall:

Give chance to youngsters, In India we have term for Afridi type player, its 'lappa' means slog in english. Pakistan needs players like Umar Akmal. He has talent to be future Sachin/Ponting/Lara.

Religion is so deeply integerated in Pak cricket team, its just a game, they should learn from Wasim Akram and Imran Khan.

Sorry for my bad english.

I really felt that Afridi threw away his wicket in their 1st super 8 match against England. It was quite evident in the manner that Afridi backed up so far out of his crease on the first ball itself eve when the fielder was converging so quickly on the ball. And of course Umar had not even moved neither did Afridi was interested in seeing if Umar is coming in for his call.

I think it was equally visible as his ball biting incident.

May be I am wrong but it seemed so much as a fixed incident.

Those seven players who took an oath should be banned for life. How can they openly revolt against their captain and hence Pakistani cricket? It is the PCB that is retarded, you ban Younis Khan? seriously? what the hell is he supposed to do if 7 players refuse to work under him? And what is Inzi doing interfering in the team when he has retired? What a joke.

agree with his summary, drop all these idiots

promote the under 19 team, make them play with proper values and principles, ditch the deadwood and trouble makers.

This Sholud not be happen anywhere in the Sport...!!! Since Sport is Religion for Pakistan ...!!! they need more fearm hands who can handle such issues..!!!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom