What's new

NSG commando’s sister missing after marrying ‘new IS convert’

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
SOURCE: HINDUSTAN TIMES

disappearance-pinarayi-daughter-provided-minister-received-missing_1b8fea16-46df-11e6-8e05-c384b245cd95.jpg

It’s a predicament no mother would want to find herself in. Until last year, Bindu Kumar thought her two children were set for life as they had got into careers of their choice – the son an armyman on deputation to the National Security Guard (NSG), and the daughter studying to be a dentist.

But the events of the past few months have devastated Bindu, as it becomes increasingly clear that her daughter Nimisha could be among the 20-odd people who have disappeared mysteriously from Kerala’s two districts and are now feared to have joined the Islamic State (IS) terrorist outfit.

“We fear the worst. All 20 are off the radar for more than a month. Out of four messages the relatives have received, one is from Afghanistan and another from Egypt. The other two we couldn’t decode. We will be able to track their passport and visa entries by Monday. We think they are in a trouble-torn area now,” says a senior intelligence officer who did not want to be identified.

Bindu is yet to come to terms with the bitter reality and does not want to embarrass her son with the latest developments.

“My children were religious and patriotic. My son wanted to be a military officer and daughter chose the medical profession. We were happy when both got the careers of their choice,” says Bindu, a resident of Thiruvananthapuram, pleading not to publish any details about her son.

Her husband runs a small restaurant in the city. “Mom’s sweet daughter going to bed, sweet kisses,” this was the last message Nimisha sent to her parents on June 3. When the mother called her back the next day, Nimisha’s phone was switched off. The worried mother then contacted her daughter’s in-laws. But they pleaded helplessness, saying the young couple (Nimisha was said to be pregnant) had told them that they were going to Sri Lanka on a pilgrimage.

A bright student with a modern outlook, Nimisha got admission into a dental college in north Kerala’s Kasargode district when she was 19 years old. “During the four years of her college, we never had an inkling of any change till last November when she refused to take my calls. I rushed to the college, only to be told that she had married a Muslim youth hailing from Palakkad,” says Bindu.

The mother was later told that Nimisha had married 30-year-old Bexin Vincent, a Christian MBA graduate who took the name Eza after converting to Islam.

“She used to share all her experiences in college with me. But this was a terrible shock for me,” says Bindu. Broken-hearted, she returned home to Thiruvananthapuram and sought help from a senior police officer who advised her to move a habeas corpus petition in the high court.

Nimisha was produced in court in November. But the court let her go with her husband as she had completed 18 years of age.

“I was shocked to see my daughter, who loved to wear casual dresses, in full purdah (veil). I was not allowed to talk to her fearing I may change her mind. I literally begged before both,” says the distraught mother, adding later she came to know that her daughter was pregnant. Bindu somehow established contact with her later. “Once she asked whether I would accept her if she came in a burqa. I told her she was welcome,” the mother says. The last time Nimisha visited home was on May 16.

During Nimisha’s last two visits, Bindu noticed that her daughter had developed an aversion towards TV programmes.

“Once when I said being pregnant she should be consulting doctors regularly, she said she had once and did not believe in modern medicines any longer,” Bindu says, adding the baby is expected in September. Bindu met Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan on Sunday, seeking his help to trace her missing daughter. “My tears have dried up. I can only pray now. I hope God will help me in tracing my daughter who will turn 24 next month.”

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...-is-convert/story-x4ZiWTINlKno0iFL9Ne9ZL.html

y is it that the isis seems 2 attract reverts 2 islam more than people born into islam ?

y is it that the isis seems 2 attract reverts 2 islam more than people born into islam ?

In this case ,yes .most of them are Christians and one is Hindu ,this girl.
On topic:If RAW is able to track down both of them, donot give a second chance to mens .
That lady insulted her family ,her brother and her nation .
She and other womans should continue their life in our jail.

Not many Hindus will come to defend this mother.
If any Hindu says "Love Jihad", that Hindu will be branded Racist and Bigot and thrashed...
The other Guy was also a convert so your theory of Love Jihad doesn't stand here. And recent actions of Indian state from killing of Burhan Wani to going after Zakir Naik will only provide more recruits to ISIS.

The other Guy was also a convert so your theory of Love Jihad doesn't stand here. And recent actions of Indian state from killing of Burhan Wani to going after Zakir Naik will only provide more recruits to ISIS.

I will stick to my beliefs on Love Jihad. I have seen it first hand, so, I don't need to rely on some news to confirm my beliefs in this case.

Coming to people ISIS. On a personal level, I wish more would join and leave India and never come back. If they died there, it would be huge bonus.

People are wronged all the time. from Pandits in kashmir to dalits to forward castes to Christians to woman in some countries....I don't see them taking arms and killing people.
The worst thing is not people joining ISIS, it's people finding justifications for their barbaric acts.

Let me ask you...would you apply the same logic to justify Ahmedias in Pakistan if they were ever to take up arms?

Not killing them or not going after them will be even bigger mess.
There is a ideological war going on...between people with medieval thought hell-bound to destroy modern world and it's freedom...these radicals/their sympathisers and preachers are all must be contained or neutralised.

In this case ,yes .most of them are Christians and one is Hindu ,this girl.
On topic:If RAW is able to track down both of them, donot give a second chance to mens .
That lady insulted her family ,her brother and her nation .
She and other womans should continue their life in our jail.

It might be possible that she is in mission from RAW by converting herself...The intelligence world is full of delusions...If Indian agencies can intelligence information in a hostile area like Kahsmir valley, why not in other places...

When you mixed in with Islamic extremists, there is never any happy ending.

Not killing them or not going after them will be even bigger mess.
There is a ideological war going on...between people with medieval thought hell-bound to destroy modern world and it's freedom...these radicals/their sympathisers and preachers are all must be contained or neutralised.
You are bound to fail. Give it a try arresting them or killing them will make sure they are replaced by thousands more

You are bound to fail. Give it a try arresting them or killing them will make sure they are replaced by thousands more

Sir, Unless you have a better option than telling us to lie and down and die, do share it with us.

History is a great teacher. The greatest tragedies in history is because of inaction of good people. Now, you are asking us to do just that!

Let's us for a moment take your advise and do nothing or go 'soft' on them. Do you for a moment think these animals would ever return the kindness?

When I look at these people I am reminded of the Dialogue from Batman about Joker..."Some people just want to see the world burn". These are the similar kind of people. If as you said thousands will replace them, so be it. Eventually, the numbers game will catch up. We may not be safe now but our children or Grand Children will have a chance at peace. Otherwise I foresee a day where our daughters or Grand daughters will face the same fate of Yezdi Woman.

Sir, Unless you have a better option than telling us to lie and down and die, do share it with us.

History is a great teacher. The greatest tragedies in history is because of inaction of good people. Now, you are asking us to do just that!

Let's us for a moment take your advise and do nothing or go 'soft' on them. Do you for a moment think these animals would ever return the kindness?

When I look at these people I am reminded of the Dialogue from Batman about Joker..."Some people just want to see the world burn". These are the similar kind of people. If as you said thousands will replace them, so be it. Eventually, the numbers game will catch up. We may not be safe now but our children or Grand Children will have a chance at peace. Otherwise I foresee a day where our daughters or Grand daughters will face the same fate of Yezdi Woman.
Go ahead you are hell bent on learning this the hard way. So I am more than pleased to see that happening to Indian so please keep killing in Kashmir and do full crackdown on people like Zakir Naik. Pakistan would enjoy what would happen after that. Al Qaeda and ISIS and millions of Indian Muslims who would get pissed with these policies would love to compete with each other in creating havoc in India.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom