What's new

Nowaday Vietnam: real life ( with pictures )

Lovely, how deep is the water? Does Vietnam have dangerous wildlife in their waterways?

No, no alligators or crocs if thats what you are thinking.

In places like that the water is not deep, but in the main rivers it is.

Last edited:

Why you are so sure ? :enjoy:

"Tram Chim"

20120312064304seu%20dau%20do%2012312.jpg

In places like that the water is not deep, but in the main rivers it is.

Ha! That is exactly what I was thinking i.e. Salt water crocs, South East Asia is teeming with the horrors! I know from visiting the Philippines you need to be very careful.

Why you are so sure ? :enjoy:

"Tram Chim"

20120312064304seu%20dau%20do%2012312.jpg

I don't remember ever hearing anything about that, so I think its safe.

Ha! That is exactly what I was thinking i.e. Salt water crocs, South East Asia is teeming with the horrors! I know from visiting the Philippines you need to be very careful.

Thailand have them, but Vietnam and Cambodia, never heard anything about that.

Just checked, no crocs in Vietnam, from wiki:
The saltwater crocodile was historically known to be widespread throughout Southeast Asia, but is now extinct throughout much of this range. This species has not been reported in the wild for decades in most of Indochina and is extinct in Thailand,[58] Laos,[59] Vietnam,[60] and possibly Cambodia.[61] The status of this species is critical within much of Myanmar, but a stable population of many large adults is present in the Irrawaddy Delta.[62] Probably, the only country in Indochina still harbouring wild populations of this species is Myanmar.[63] Although saltwater crocodiles were once very common in the Mekong Delta (from where they disappeared in the 1980s) and other river systems, the future of this species in Indochina is now looking grim. However, it is also the least likely of crocodilians to become globally extinct due to its wide distribution and almost precolonial population sizes in Northern Australia and New Guinea.

Actually, Thailand have some here and there as I've seen in the news. They also have many croc farms and sometimes they escape like when there is flooding.

I don't remember ever hearing anything about that, so I think its safe.

Thailand have them, but Vietnam and Cambodia, never heard anything about that.

Just checked, no crocs in Vietnam, from wiki:
The saltwater crocodile was historically known to be widespread throughout Southeast Asia, but is now extinct throughout much of this range. This species has not been reported in the wild for decades in most of Indochina and is extinct in Thailand,[58] Laos,[59] Vietnam,[60] and possibly Cambodia.[61] The status of this species is critical within much of Myanmar, but a stable population of many large adults is present in the Irrawaddy Delta.[62] Probably, the only country in Indochina still harbouring wild populations of this species is Myanmar.[63] Although saltwater crocodiles were once very common in the Mekong Delta (from where they disappeared in the 1980s) and other river systems, the future of this species in Indochina is now looking grim. However, it is also the least likely of crocodilians to become globally extinct due to its wide distribution and almost precolonial population sizes in Northern Australia and New Guinea.

No no
You could find it easily by the name, "Tram Chim" including Chim = bird,
"Dong Nai" with Dong = field and Nai = Deer
how about the "Bau Sau" which Sau is Crocodile, Bau is Pond or Lake

P1030701.jpg

8e2026ede3fe4e1778cdd1f797388037.jpg

P1030643.jpg

Last edited:
What's Chinese ones ?
If it's this one, Vietnam has no city look like it.

Our cities looks like this
upload_2016-8-31_21-31-47.png
see that 6-storey office building i circled in red?
it is where i commissioned its building-automation project in 1997 when it was under construction.

see that 6-storey office building i circled in red?
it is where i commissioned its building-automation project in 1997 when it was under construction.

hahaha. It's interesting. Thanks for your help in building our country

No no

So you are saying that Vietnam still have these friendly, loving creatures?

No no

P1030701.jpg

P1030643.jpg

Are these all captivity right? No wild ones?

a group of 40 Delacour's langur primates just discovered in the jungles of Vietnam, one of the most endangered species in the world.

primate_DUGK_thumb.jpg

Cat Ba langurs
vooc_cat_ba_-_cat_ba_langur_MHYV.jpg

Tonkin snub-nosed monkey
vooc_mui_hech_-_tonkin_snub-nosed_monkey_vyrw.jpg

I'm not sure about that.
Btw, they are in different location, not in U Minh Thuong ramsar

Look at the boats in U Minh Thuong, they aren't armed with steel nets

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom