What's new

Now it's BCS scam: say 'JOY BANGLA!!!'

Skallagrim

Reaction score
Protest erupts over BCS results
Shahidul Islam, bdnews24.com
Published: 2013-07-10 07:49:10.0 Updated: 2013-07-10 07:49:48.0

Angry students went in for a road blockade in Dhaka on Wednesday, blaming the government of 'manipulations' in the 34th Bangladesh Civil Services (BCS) exams.

The blockade at Shahbagh intersection caused traffic snarls for a while.

The students said that though they had failed to get through though they were confident of securing more than 90 percent marks. The protests at Dhaka University's TSC area followed the publication of the results on Monday.

The agitating students wanted the results cancelled and fresh tests held.

Public Service Commission officials refused to comment on the issue.

On Wednesday morning, Public Service Commission (PSC) Chairman AT Ahmedul Hoque Chowdhury, Secretary Mohammad Babul Hassan, examination Controller (Cadre) AIM Nesar Uddin and Joint Secretary Mohammad Yusuf Ali were contacted by bdnews24.com but they were not willing to speak.
However, a PSC official on condition of strict anonymity told bdnews24.com that the results of the 34th BCS exams were finalised after factoring in the various quotas. “Thus many of the bright candidates may have been screened out.”

Another official, also seeking anonymity, told bdnews24.com that it took five meetings to finalise the results.

“PSC officials went in for long discussions at least four times. But since a solution could not be found, the officials decided on a special method in the fifth meeting,” the official said.

“Even our office is abuzz with rumours about this result. But I cannot tell everything. I too work here.”

Though the results were supposed to be out within a month of the examinations, it took the PSC a fortnight more to publish it on Monday. All other previous BCS preliminary results have been published within a month.

12,033 came out successful in the tests -- a mere 5.43 percent of the total 221,575 candidates who sat for the examinations.

This contrasts to the success rate in 33rd BCS preliminary tests (14.98 percent), 32nd BCS preliminary ( 44 percent) and for the 31st (6.24 percent)

Mahtab (name changed) was one such unsuccessful candidate in the 34th BCS preliminary examinations. “I am confident that I got 93. But my friend got selected with 64 marks,” he told bdnews24.com.

Shuvo, Arif and Zakia (all names changed) alleged that this time the results were published with ‘special considerations’ -- so even those who might have got more than 90 percent marks may have been left out.

PSC advertised for the 34th examinations with preliminary results to come out within a month followed by a written test and finally a viva voce. But the rule was not maintained.

Despite appearing for the viva voce in the 31st and 33rd BCS examinations, Nur did not pass the written test of the 34th.

“I got 89 out of 100 and still did not qualify in the preliminary. I think the results were not right. I heard that the preliminary results this year were based on the quota system. Why would it take so long to publish the results?” he told bdnews24.com.

Although Somir got through in the 31st BCS exams, he took the 34th BCS test to improve his scores and get the cadre he wanted.

“My friends who took part in this BCS exam also said there was some problem in this year’s results. I think so too. We want a solution for this.” he told bdnews24.com.

Previously, quotas were considered after the written and oral tests.

However, since 32nd BCS exams, candidates had to select a quota they belong to in the preliminary stage.

PSC never announces the grades in the preliminary tests, so aspirants cannot challenge the results.

Protest erupts over BCS results - bdnews24.com

Quota Distribution for BCS (for both cadre and non-cadre class I & II gazetted posts):

i) Merit - 45%
ii) District - 55%
a) Freedom Fighter/Freedom daughters/sons - 30%
b) Female - 10%
c) Tribal - 5%
d) General Quota - 10%

The novel thing is quota is now being applied right from the start and the preliminary acceptance ratio is kept to such a low level (5.43%) so as to maximize finally selected candidates from the non-merit quota.

Quota Distribution for BCS (for both cadre and non-cadre class I & II gazetted posts):

i) Merit - 45%
ii) District - 55%
b) Female - 10%
c) Tribal - 5%
d) General Quota - 10%

The novel thing is quota is now being applied right from the start and the preliminary acceptance ratio is kept to such a low level (5.43%) so as to maximize finally selected candidates from the non-merit quota.

Another one is supposed to come this year which will be complete BAL BCS :) .

Another one is supposed to come this year which will be complete BAL BCS :) .

:lol: Dude I attended the 34th BCS this time and I corrected around 78 out of 100 mcqs. But just because I am not a tribal nor I am a freedom-fighters son I am not short-listed whereas one of my friend who claims his father is/was a freedom-fighter and most importantly has a certificate has passed by correcting 52 out of 100. Also a Chakma friend of mine has passed by correcting around 60. Now only the question I ask myself is why I am discriminated here when my father was just 12 during liberation war and couldn't fight or I was born a ethnic Bengali and not a chakma. Why should I be considered a 2nd class citizen of Bangladesh for my this two faults over which I had no control?? :what:

i) Merit - 45%
ii) District - 55%
b) Female - 10%
c) Tribal - 5%
d) General Quota - 10%

1.The catch is the FF quota. Out of ten million Hindus who went across to India, not even a hundred agreed to take up arms. Being of Schedule Casts they are forbidden from bearing arms. Instead they spent all the nine months in the refugee camps receiving "relief" and doing odd jobs here and there in the cities.

2. They all now claim to be FFs. It is Indo-BAL policy to grant them jobs through this mischief.

:lol: Dude I attended the 34th BCS this time and I corrected around 78 out of 100 mcqs. But just because I am not a tribal nor I am a freedom-fighters son I am not short-listed whereas one of my friend who claims his father is/was a freedom-fighter and most importantly has a certificate has passed by correcting 52 out of 100. Also a Chakma friend of mine has passed by correcting around 60. Now only the question I ask myself is why I am discriminated here when my father was just 12 during liberation war and couldn't fight or I was born a ethnic Bengali and not a chakma. Why should I be considered a 2nd class citizen of Bangladesh for my this two faults over which I had no control?? :what:

79 was the last mark. better luck next time bro.

was there in shahbag blockade today for a short period. i was just passing though!

This is our Sonar Bangla:pissed:. Joy Bangla Joy Bangabandhu:sick:.

what was your previous id, sir?

was there in shahbag blockade today for a short period. i was just passing though!

Farhan...how's life, don't see u long :)?

This was my first time but I am not interest in BCS anymore. Thnx for the wish anyway.
Bengalhulk is Abu Saleh.

দিনভর কোটাবিরোধী আন্দোলনে উত্তাল শাহবাগ
১০ জুলাই,২০১৩

সরকারি কর্ম কমিশনের অধীনে ৩৪তম বিসিএসের প্রিলিমিনারির ফলাফল পুনর্মূল্যায়ন এবং কোটা পদ্ধতি বাতিলের দাবিতে শাহবাগে দিনভর অবস্থান নিয়ে বিক্ষোভ করে কোটাবিরোধী শিক্ষার্থীরা।

ঘোষণা দিয়ে তারা বুধবার রাত ১০টার দিকে শাহবাগ ছেড়ে যায়। তবে আগামীকাল বৃহস্পতিবার বেলা ১১টায় আবারো একই দাবিতে গণজমায়েত কর্মসূচি ঘোষণা করা হয়েছে।

আন্দোলনকারীদের পক্ষে ঢাকা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের গণযোগাযোগ ও সাংবাদিকতা বিভাগের শিক্ষার্থী মোহাম্মদ শাহীন এই ঘোষণা দেন।

দাবি আদায় না হওয়া পর্যন্ত এই কর্মসূচি তারা অব্যাহত রাখবেন বলেও জানান শাহীন।

সকালে আন্দোলন শুরুর পর থেকে শাহবাগে পুলিশ সতর্ক অবস্থান নেয়। রাতে শাহবাগ থানার ওসি সিরাজুল ইসলাম আন্দোলনকারীদের শাহবাগ ছেড়ে যাওয়ার নির্দেশ দেন। এ সময় সাময়িক উত্তেজনা দেখা দেয়। আন্দোলনকারী তার এই নির্দেশ প্রত্যাখ্যান করে রাত ১০টা পর্যন্ত অবস্থান করেন।

সকাল থেকে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ এই সড়ক বন্ধ থাকায় নগরে তীব্র যানজট দেখা গেছে। অফিস এবং অফিস থেকে ঘরমুখী মানুষ চরম দুর্ভোগে পড়েন।

পুলিশের রমনা বিভাগের সহকারী কমিশনার এসি (পেট্রোল) ইমান-উল হক আরটিএনএন- কে বলেন, ‘আগামীকাল বৃহস্পতিবার প্রথম রমজান। এই অবস্থা চলতে থাকলে জনদুর্ভোগ বাড়বে। তখন হয়তো পুলিশ ব্যবস্থা নিতে বাধ্য হবে। তবে এখন পর্যন্ত এ ব্যাপারে আমাদের কাছে কোনো নির্দেশনা নেই।’

এদিকে, পরীক্ষার্থীদের কোটাবিরোধী আন্দোলনের মুখে ৩৪তম বিসিএসের প্রিলিমিনারির ফল পুনর্মূল্যায়নের সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছে সরকারি কর্মকমিশন (পিএসসি)। পিএসপির জনসংযোগ কর্মকর্তা মীর মোশাররফ হোসেন বুধবার বিকেলে এই সিদ্ধান্তের কথা জানান।

তবে শিক্ষার্থীরা এই সিদ্ধান্ত প্রত্যাখ্যান করেছেন। তারা ফল পুনর্মূল্যায়ন নয়, বাতিল দাবি করেছেন।

আন্দোলনকারীদের পক্ষে ঢাবি ছাত্র মো. শাহীন বলেন, ‘সব ধরনের কোটা বাতিল করে শুধুমাত্র মেধা ও যোগ্যতার ভিত্তিতে সকল নিয়োগ নিশ্চিত করতে হবে এবং অবিলম্বে ৩৪তম বিসিএসের ফল বাতিল করতে হবে।’

তিনি বলেন, ‘আমাদের স্পষ্ট দাবি এই দুটিই। যতক্ষণ পর্যন্ত এই দুই দাবি মানা না হবে ততক্ষণ আন্দোলন চলবে।’

উল্লেখ্য, বর্তমানে বাংলাদেশের সরকারি চাকরিতে নিয়োগের ক্ষেত্রে ৫৬ শতাংশ কোটা পদ্ধতি রয়েছে। আর বাকি ৪৪ শতাংশ মেধা থেকে পূরণ করা হয়। পাঁচ ধরনের কোটা সুবিধাভোগীদের মধ্যে রয়েছে- জেলা/বিভাগ কোটা ১০ ভাগ, মুক্তিযোদ্ধা সন্তান/নাতি-নাতনি কোটা ৩০ ভাগ, নারী কোটা ১০ ভাগ, প্রতিবন্ধী কোটা ১ ভাগ ও উপজাতি কোটা ৫ ভাগ। কোটার জন্য বিবেচিত ব্যক্তিরা আবার মেধার ৪৪ ভাগের ক্ষেত্রেও বিবেচিত হতে পারবেন এমন বিধান রয়েছে।

আন্দোলনকারীরা এই কোটা পদ্ধতি সংস্কারের দাবি তুলেছেন। তাদের দাবি, শুধুমাত্র প্রতিবন্ধী কোটা বহাল রেখে সব কোটা বাতিল করা হোক।

আন্দোলনকারীরা বলেন, ‘মুক্তিযোদ্ধারা সব সময় আমাদের কাছে পরম সন্মানের। রাষ্ট্র তাদের সুবিধা দিতে পারেন। আজীবন তাদের উত্তরসুরিদের নয়। মুক্তিযোদ্ধা এবং তাদের বংশধরদের রাষ্ট্র অন্যভাবে অনেক সুবিধা দিতে পারে, তাতে আমাদের আপত্তি নেই। তবে চাকরির এই ক্ষেত্র দিয়ে দিতেই হবে, এটা মানা হবে না।’

প্রসঙ্গত, পঞ্চম আদমশুমারি ও গৃহগণনা অনুযায়ী, বর্তমানে দেশের জনসংখ্যা ১৫ কোটি ২৫ লাখ ১৮ হাজার ১৫ জন। এর মধ্যে ১৫ লাখ ৮৬ হাজার ১৪১ জন ক্ষুদ্র নৃ-গোষ্ঠী এবং ২০ লাখ ১৬ হাজার ৬১২ জন প্রতিবন্ধী।

মুক্তিযুদ্ধ বিষয়ক মন্ত্রণালয়ের তথ্য অনুযায়ী, দেশে মুক্তিযোদ্ধার সংখ্যা প্রায় দুই লাখ। এই হিসাবে মোট জনসংখ্যার ১.১০ শতাংশ নৃ-গোষ্ঠীর জন্য ৫ ভাগ, ১.৪০ শতাংশ প্রতিবন্ধীর জন্য ১ ভাগ, ০.১৩ শতাংশ মুক্তিযোদ্ধার সন্তানদের জন্য ৩০ ভাগ অর্থাৎ ২.৬৩ শতাংশ জনগোষ্ঠীর জন্য ৩৬ শতাংশ কোটা সংরক্ষিত। সব মিলে জেলা ও নারী কোটাসহ মোট ৫৬ শতাংশ কোটাধারীদের জন্য সংরক্ষিত। অন্যদিকে প্রায় ৯০ শতাংশ জনগোষ্ঠীর জন্য মাত্র ৪৪ শতাংশ চাকরি বরাদ্দ।

গত সোমবার ৩৪তম বিসিএস প্রিলিমিনারির ফল প্রকাশ করে বাংলাদেশ সরকারি কর্ম কমিশন-বিপিএসসি। এতে কোটাধারীদের জন্য আলাদা নম্বর রাখা হয়। এতে সাধারণ পরীক্ষার্থীরা অনেক বেশি নম্বর তুলেও যেখানে টিকতে পারেননি। সেখানে কোটা সুবিধাপ্রাপ্ত শিক্ষার্থীরা অনেক কম নম্বরে উত্তীর্ণ হয়েছেন। আর এই খবর ছড়িয়ে পড়লে চাকরিতে বৈষম্যমূলক কোটা পদ্ধতি সংস্কার এবং ফলাফল পুনর্মূল্যায়নের দাবিতে বাদপড়া শিক্ষার্থীরা বুধবার রাস্তায় নেমে আসেন।

তারা সকাল থেকে রাজধানীর শাহবাগ অবরোধ করে বিক্ষোভ প্রদর্শন করেন। বঞ্চিত শিক্ষার্থীর ব্যানারে এই আন্দোলনে বেলা গড়ানোর সঙ্গে সঙ্গে রাজধানীর বিভিন্ন স্কুল, কলেজ ও বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় থেকে শিক্ষার্থীরা যোগ দেয়। তারা এই আন্দোলনের সঙ্গে সংহতি প্রকাশ করে।

এছাড়া ঢাকার বাইরে রাজশাহী, চট্টগ্রাম, খুলনা, ইসলামী বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ে একই দাবিতে শিক্ষার্থীরা বিক্ষোভ করেছেন বলে খবর পাওয়া গেছে। তাদের একটি করে গ্রুপ ঢাকার আন্দোলনে সংহতি জানাতে রওনা হয়েছেন বলে শাহবাগের আন্দোলনকারী দাবি করেছেন।

গত সোমবার বিকেলে সরকারি কর্ম কমিশনের (পিএসসি) অধীনে ৩৪তম প্রিলিমিনারি পরীক্ষার ফল প্রকাশিত হয়। এতে ১২ হাজার ৩৩ জন পরীক্ষার্থী পাস করেছেন।

আন্দোলনরত শিক্ষার্থীদের দাবি, কোটা না থাকায় ৭৫ এর বেশি নম্বর পেয়েও তারা প্রিলিমিনারি উত্তীর্ণ হতে পারেনি। বিপরীতে ৬০ এর মতো নম্বর পেয়ে কোটাধারীরা প্রিলিমিনারি পার হয়ে গেছে।

বৈষম্যমূলক এই কোটা প্রথার প্রতিবাদে গত কয়েক বছর ধরেই বঞ্চিত মেধাবীরা আন্দোলন করে আসছিল। কিন্তু প্রত্যেকবারই এই আন্দোলনকে জামায়াত-শিবিরের চক্রান্ত আখ্যায়িত করে তার বিপক্ষে অবস্থান নিয়ে সহিংসতার মাধ্যমে ক্ষমতাসীন আওয়ামী লীগের ছাত্রসংগঠন ছাত্রলীগ দমিয়ে দিয়েছে।

????? ?????????? ???????? ?????? ?????? | ?????? ??? | Rtnn.net

This is Awami league implementing indian blue print and that is how hindus hijacked our foreign ministry and all govt department. Giving job to relatives of freedom fighters are pure scam because real freedom fighters are begging in the street and labeled "rajakar". All appointment Awami League made in last 5 years should be revoked and reevaluated.

life is good bro. porashona nie ek2 busy! forum er chokkor e pore bohut faki marlam. last year e ek2 porashona korbo bhablam. what about u? bored?? pdf e dekhina j? dhu mari daily 1 bar.

Porashona korle khub e valo kotha. I'm fine, thanks....was having some busy days, so couldn't follow PDF.

Back
Top Bottom